Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:50:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TopCoin [TOP] ★ Crypto Learning Center coming soon! ★ Practical toolset!  (Read 195456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
topdude (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 04:01:40 PM

@topdude: how much coins are now max?

About 26billion.

We will debug and then fork it before the end of this minting period (in about 6 weeks), probably with higher final block rewards, like 100 / 1000 or maybe random. 

I feel that the 1 coin blocks and low hash was what was causing its demise.

We can all decide how it should be forked like adjusting rewards, changing algo, or what ever you people want. so be sure post your suggestions and ideas here.

Some people have already suggested some type of burn system, or buyback to lower the amount of coins, not sure if that would acheive anything positive or how it can be done but it will be good to debate it. Cool

brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:53:24 PM

About 26billion.

We will debug and then fork it before the end of this minting period (in about 6 weeks), probably with higher final block rewards, like 100 / 1000 or maybe random. 

We can all decide how it should be forked like adjusting rewards, changing algo, or what ever you people want. so be sure post your suggestions and ideas here.

Some people have already suggested some type of burn system, or buyback to lower the amount of coins, not sure if that would acheive anything positive or how it can be done but it will be good to debate it. Cool

Even with 26 billion, it will stay between Karma and Panda at 2-3 sat at best. What if we do a 5/1 reduction to bring it to Dev and Jackpot level at 17-24 Sat? It'll be the first coin with that huge level of reduction, isn't it?
crymzyn

Activity: 518
Merit: 502

TopCoin Lead

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:12:52 PM

Even with 26 billion, it will stay between Karma and Panda at 2-3 sat at best. What if we do a 5/1 reduction to bring it to Dev and Jackpot level at 17-24 Sat? It'll be the first coin with that huge level of reduction, isn't it?

I agree, we should greatly reduce the total coins in this process.  We will add it to the vote for what properties TopCoin should have after all is said and done. 

I will take the lead on capturing all of the options offered and will compile them for voting. 

FYI, I will be offering my insight on everything later today.  I do not have the time to type it all out at the moment.  Lots of good thoughts coming to mind, including a new logo for second generation TOP Grin

Support TopCoin bounties for development! >> tDHFyEDsgrZ1Poi5NUFDTSFDf9mB9zd9a8
★ Buy/sell TOP at FreiExchange! ★
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:19:00 PM

I think we'd benefit from PoW algo change + PoS. We could also go with anon features, that would attract a lot of people, but I'm not quite sure if that's a good way to go...

crymzyn, about that Linux wallet you spoke about, any news? Already sent you a PM, as requested.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:30:49 PM

I think we'd benefit from PoW algo change + PoS. We could also go with anon features, that would attract a lot of people, but I'm not quite sure if that's a good way to go...

crymzyn, about that Linux wallet you spoke about, any news? Already sent you a PM, as requested.

POS is the hype of the last couple months, look at Mint/Zeit/ECC. I think increase the reward and reduce the total coins is better, but it's up to the community  Cheesy
crymzyn

TopCoin Lead

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:54:58 PM

POS is the hype of the last couple months, look at Mint/Zeit/ECC. I think increase the reward and reduce the total coins is better, but it's up to the community  Cheesy

I agree, PoS is not an automatic throw in...  it creates holders of the coin, and does not promote USE of the coin.  I have an idea that I will be suggesting that will promote use instead.

Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:48:42 AM

About 26billion.

SaturnCoin is in the process of a reverse split of all existing coins. 1000 sat = 1 Sat2 coin starting june 30th.
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/saturncoin-rebrands-to-sat2-coin-reduction-and-lots-more

EDUcoin also has a similar event taking place soon 20 = 1
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486600.0

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
coinsmany

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:52:24 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 06:07:10 AM by coinsmany

failing gets you that much closer to success.  

Topcoin has yet to see it's glory days, and excited for the "re-launch"

new Algo(x13), new name OR TOPCOIN V2, conversion for current TOP holders.  

Topcoin v2  : )

Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:47:31 AM

Looks like deposits and withdraws are re enabled on https://www.mintpal.com/market/TOP/LTC  & https://www.allcoin.com/trade/TOP_LTC

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
coinsmany

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:05:29 AM

Looks like deposits and withdraws are re enabled on https://www.mintpal.com/market/TOP/LTC  & https://www.allcoin.com/trade/TOP_LTC

Good news.   

Time to focus on this major relaunch, so whatever comes out gets back on the BTC markets.   Time to get back on top!
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:59:35 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 02:22:51 PM by animalroam

http://cryptoarrow.com/games/topcoin/

Play on!

Game is down due to lack of developer.
coinsmany

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:46:49 AM

any updates?   looking forward to a relaunch
cordearo

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:24:27 PM

damn top keeps going up i want in but can afford a higher price i was begging for around 2 ltc satoshi i want to be part of this coins movement
crymzyn

TopCoin Lead

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 03:32:11 PM

Hey all!  I'm getting ready for a long weekend, and hopefully most of you are looking forward to the same.  I apologize for not posting lately, things have been tough around the house - we'll just leave it at that.

I will be gathering my thoughts on our new direction, voting for features, and everything I feel needs to be talked about with TopCoin, and will deliver a post here sometime during the holiday break. 

I would like extend a warm welcome all of the newcomers!  It's nice to see the community growing, and I think we will engage even more folks as we continue to develop the new and improved TOP. 

Have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!  See you soon! Grin

cordearo

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:46:11 PM

Hey all!  I'm getting ready for a long weekend, and hopefully most of you are looking forward to the same.  I apologize for not posting lately, things have been tough around the house - we'll just leave it at that.

I will be gathering my thoughts on our new direction, voting for features, and everything I feel needs to be talked about with TopCoin, and will deliver a post here sometime during the holiday break. 

I would like extend a warm welcome all of the newcomers!  It's nice to see the community growing, and I think we will engage even more folks as we continue to develop the new and improved TOP. 

i am now an official member i hope the goals for top coin is what i have been saying on other forums the tutorial website goal is cool but not enough to bring value and please redesign your logo less child like this community has great potential thank god you guys fell onto the ltc market or i wouldn't have had this opportunity to join hope u read this
privacy centric,
industry partnerships,
fiat conversion, ATMs,
 entrepreneurial opportunities.
CHARITIES!!!
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:30:59 PM

where is the private chat room where the top coins whales are talking in guys let in the game i want to buy but its getting expensive one quick dip please !

#coinmarkets on irc.altcoinweb.com , not a private room though , also #crypto , but very quite nowadays

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
coinsmany

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:50:46 PM

Brand new coin relaunch, TOPCOIN V2(pick the best algo at the moment).   Convert old coins for holders.   

This is the best plan to resurge.

skuk

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:45:38 AM

the coins were more then doubled, the dev mined the new coins in secret, without saying rules have changed ... no announcement, no realy explanation, no update of data on website or blog. only mining in secret till a member recognized it (thank you learminer!) .even crymzyn, the voice of topcoin, did not know what happened.

what will be better with version top2, top3 or top4? or with the next distribution rounds, 11,5 billion, 26 billion ... ?!
Or when they change the coin to a 100% premined coin? Nothing. The problems will come back
No one will accept a coin with such practises.
crymzyn

TopCoin Lead

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:28:55 AM

the coins were more then doubled, the dev mined the new coins in secret, without saying rules have changed ... no announcement, no realy explanation, no update of data on website or blog. only mining in secret till a member recognized it (thank you learminer!) .even crymzyn, the voice of topcoin, did not know what happened.

what will be better with version top2, top3 or top4? or with the next distribution rounds, 11,5 billion, 26 billion ... ?!
Or when they change the coin to a 100% premined coin? Nothing. The problems will come back

A little clarification...  Topdude did not know about the issue until I reported it to him, shortly after learminer reported it here...  So to say that the dev was mining in secret is bogus.  In fact, it was in the initial phase of distribution, so learminer caught it at a crucial time - again, thank you.

Topdude also made a post here in a timely manner, and has never left us high and dry.  He is consistently BUYING Topcoin to use in our giveaways and for bounties, so please, do not get any facts twisted here.  

Yes, the coin did have a flaw and started distributing again when it wasn't supposed to, but in the end, it gave new people a chance to get in at the ground level - both by mining and buying low.  It revived the network which had mostly consisted of me and Topdude taking turns keeping it going.  These types of issues that were not able to be seen at the beginning will be fixed, and we will come out of this in much better shape.

The new version will be leaner and meaner - we will most likely do a 1000 to 1 cut on the coin cap, bringing it to millions instead of billions.  Different selections of attributes will be presented to the community, and it will be up to them to decide what the new Topcoin will be, by running a fair vote.  It will still have the solid leadership team behind it every step of the way, and development will be continued on the Crypto Center that will provide new tools to increase usability and make it easier to engage less technical folk.  

I appreciate your thoughts, but just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the truth.  

coinsmany

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:59:07 AM

A little clarification...  Topdude did not know about the issue until I reported it to him, shortly after learminer reported it here...  So to say that the dev was mining in secret is bogus.  In fact, it was in the initial phase of distribution, so learminer caught it at a crucial time - again, thank you.

Topdude also made a post here in a timely manner, and has never left us high and dry.  He is consistently BUYING Topcoin to use in our giveaways and for bounties, so please, do not get any facts twisted here.  

Yes, the coin did have a flaw and started distributing again when it wasn't supposed to, but in the end, it gave new people a chance to get in at the ground level - both by mining and buying low.  It revived the network which had mostly consisted of me and Topdude taking turns keeping it going.  These types of issues that were not able to be seen at the beginning will be fixed, and we will come out of this in much better shape.

The new version will be leaner and meaner - we will most likely do a 1000 to 1 cut on the coin cap, bringing it to millions instead of billions.  Different selections of attributes will be presented to the community, and it will be up to them to decide what the new Topcoin will be, by running a fair vote.  It will still have the solid leadership team behind it every step of the way, and development will be continued on the Crypto Center that will provide new tools to increase usability and make it easier to engage less technical folk.  

I appreciate your thoughts, but just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the truth.  

+1
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: