Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins Down 80+%  (Read 1811 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:36:15 PM

So i have a list of altcoins on blockfolio program that i use where i put down the coins to watch etc because many posters spoke so great about these coins.  I did not buy these coins but there is 1 or 2 coin that i did bought where the value has plummeted but not like these below.

Some of these coins a while back people said that are great.  These are the prices when i put i on blockfolio before when i recorded and price now

sia coin  0.08 0.01
substratum  3.06  0.32
spectracoin  4.56  0.24
oyster pearl  0.93  0.25
electroneum  0.10 0.01

So with these coins people spoke about... they have fallen over 80%.  Spectracoin when i put it on blockfolio at 4.56 when people spoke great about it and prices kept going higher, its now 0.24.  The same can be said of substratum.  Also people talked a lot about electroneum.  It was 10 cents and i thought about buying because of all the things people spoke about it.  Now its about 1 cent.  So basically anyone that bought it at 10 cents has lost 90% of its value.  Thus if you put $1000 in it, you lost $900.  If you put $10000 in it, you lost $9000.

So with the market like this the last few months, how are people even making any money?  So basically anyone that is trading from say few months ago, i have to assume a huge percentage of people have to be down money trading right?  Unless you bought ETH, thats one of the few coins where it was up or not down that much depending on when you bought it.

Those of you that bought altcoins where the value has dropped at least 80%, i assume very few are selling right?  I mean that would be an 80% loss minimum.   Or 90 or 95%.  I also read thread where ppl said oyster pearl is a scam?  I mean does anyone here think these altcoins can drop another 80%?  That would mean spectra coin would go from 4.56 to 0.24 all the way to 2 cents.  And electroneum go from 10 cent to 1 cent to 0.001.
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:53:12 PM

Looking when, there are 500% some give growth, and there are some like these that are in the growth of norms, and as a correction that the decline is strong, all in different ways, you have to look at how the market is developing,and where it goes,and from this already start
dodocum

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 08:28:43 PM

Absolutely beautiful analysis! With the recent declines we are expecting a nice increase.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:31:02 PM

So i have a list of altcoins on blockfolio program that i use where i put down the coins to watch etc because many posters spoke so great about these coins.

Many posters spoke great about Bitconnect, despite it being an obvious ponzi. Many posters are currently speaking great about Verge, despite it being a scam that is constantly being hacked. People just shill whatever they are holding because they want the price to go up. DYOR and don't listen to what people shill you.
Xoce6patxopxe

Activity: 350
Merit: 133

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:34:57 PM

Yes, the Altcoins are going through a difficult time now ... You can add new projects, they also lost very quickly in price - the same NKN, Quarkchain and PChain - were considered as number 1 projects on the market and also fell by 30-50 percent in a couple of days!

Neymar10

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:40:42 PM

So i have a list of altcoins on blockfolio program that i use where i put down the coins to watch etc because many posters spoke so great about these coins.  I did not buy these coins but there is 1 or 2 coin that i did bought where the value has plummeted but not like these below.

Some of these coins a while back people said that are great.  These are the prices when i put i on blockfolio before when i recorded and price now

sia coin  0.08 0.01
substratum  3.06  0.32
spectracoin  4.56  0.24
oyster pearl  0.93  0.25
electroneum  0.10 0.01

So with these coins people spoke about... they have fallen over 80%.  Spectracoin when i put it on blockfolio at 4.56 when people spoke great about it and prices kept going higher, its now 0.24.  The same can be said of substratum.  Also people talked a lot about electroneum.  It was 10 cents and i thought about buying because of all the things people spoke about it.  Now its about 1 cent.  So basically anyone that bought it at 10 cents has lost 90% of its value.  Thus if you put $1000 in it, you lost $900.  If you put $10000 in it, you lost $9000.

So with the market like this the last few months, how are people even making any money?  So basically anyone that is trading from say few months ago, i have to assume a huge percentage of people have to be down money trading right?  Unless you bought ETH, thats one of the few coins where it was up or not down that much depending on when you bought it.

Those of you that bought altcoins where the value has dropped at least 80%, i assume very few are selling right?  I mean that would be an 80% loss minimum.   Or 90 or 95%.  I also read thread where ppl said oyster pearl is a scam?  I mean does anyone here think these altcoins can drop another 80%?  That would mean spectra coin would go from 4.56 to 0.24 all the way to 2 cents.  And electroneum go from 10 cent to 1 cent to 0.001.
I think that no. I think that prices have fallen very much and such big falls will not be
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

These have been tough times for crypto market as well as the community, almost everything is down by 80-90% from the previous highs and there are still no signs of market changing its direction, we can just hope and pray that prices will be back soon.

jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:27:09 AM

Well to those that are down 80 percent or more on altcoins, is there really a point of selling?  Because if you are down 80 or 90 percent or more, you might as well just hold it right? 
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:38:01 AM

And they are one of the popular coins people have involved in.
The only reason for them to fall is they haven't fulfilled their promise.
They have a so called working product/service that are not having a success at all or are calling for one for years.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:48:23 AM

All Altcoin is declining, and I am in a bad mood now.

I don't know why it's going to go down like this, but I believe the market is going to go up again. It's just a matter of time.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:53:24 AM

It has something to do with the recent south korean exchange hacked, I wake up to find bitcoin was down 10% now they regaining but for how long, this is another bad week this year for Bitcoin, we may be seeing another scenario where BVitcoin almost dip to the $5000 level, not really good for holders and traders.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:57:56 AM

It has something to do with the recent south korean exchange hacked, I wake up to find bitcoin was down 10% now they regaining but for how long, this is another bad week this year for Bitcoin, we may be seeing another scenario where BVitcoin almost dip to the $5000 level, not really good for holders and traders.
it is not good. for us, investor and cryptocurrency users this is very worrisome. because it is not good. were almost at the midyear and I think that the midyear is good but until now, in the month of june, it is almost two weeks past the price are still not good and the price are still dropping ang dropping. I am sure that there's some coins that dying from this day
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:01:50 AM

So i have a list of altcoins on blockfolio program that i use where i put down the coins to watch etc because many posters spoke so great about these coins.

Many posters spoke great about Bitconnect, despite it being an obvious ponzi. Many posters are currently speaking great about Verge, despite it being a scam that is constantly being hacked. People just shill whatever they are holding because they want the price to go up. DYOR and don't listen to what people shill you.

Agree with it. Hodlers in some way is biased on what they have and will priorities it than any coins with much higher reputation. They don’t believe in that coin, but they’re trapped within it as scammed coins and projects is not superficial and can’t be detected on first few weeks of its launching. We can’t blame them for advertising it for some reasons, so the best possible way for an investor is not to listen to clamor by mob then just do some research in your own.

HODL
coyote50

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 02:05:09 AM

my buddy put like $40k into AGRS almost at the peak. RIP
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:11:01 AM

I think the Altcoin market is down but losing 80% is not all. Altcoin is reduced to 80% of value, you need to consider their purpose, their route. Have they done as planned? Why are not they supported by the community?
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:21:00 AM

Most altcoin has fallen too far.
However, the current policies of various countries are not particularly friendly to the cryptocurrency market, so I think the investment in ICO may achieve greater profits than the direct purchase of altcoin.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
FOUAD1994

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:22:15 AM

This are just some bad days, they will revocer don't worry
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:24:45 AM

"So basically anyone that is trading from say few months ago"

If you are holding these coins from a few months ago you are not trading, you are investing.

Your post highlights the danger of taking investment advice from a bulletin board. The people who told you to buy those coins probably already held them, it is in their interest to get more people to buy those coins so that hopefully the price goes up and they can get a better price when they sell. You might very well still be holding these coins while the people who told you to buy have already sold.

Showmethebtc

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:59:24 PM

The encryption market is like this, some kind of cryptocurrency can make you suddenly rich, you can also let you go bankrupt overnight, a lot of tokens down by 80%, this is our investment risk!
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:04:20 PM

LOL. You make me think about Bitconnect. LOL. Maybe I need to find out some ways to stop laughing. It's the best trap ever although I warned so many people around me about this ponzi shit but they still invested in this shit and at the moment, they're trying to work hard to take their money back. LOL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: