Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:42:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin and crypto currency ALWAYS getting hacked??  (Read 1730 times)
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:07:07 AM

Hackers are getting smart day by day. They are hacking crypto coins every day from the exchange or from people. I have the same question about myetherwallet. Because myetherwallet got hacked in almost every year but they don't improve their security! Why!! We should more careful about our wallets to protect them. Sad but true, Recently I have attacked by a hacker and my all altcoins are gone. Though I were very careful! Hackers are a curse for us, for cryptocurrency
spadaccino

Activity: 183
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 11:12:24 AM

Well, how about robbing banks in 19th century ?
It was easy.

More difficult nowadays so robbers found another way to get money: hacking central wallet.
Be smart - be a bank of yourself
Toraokun

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:29:58 AM

Is it really that hard to prevent hackers from hacking exchanges, wallets and God knows what other methods they use...
 I mean how on earth is crypto supposed to flourish if it's so venerable to hackers?
 Every month a huge hack happens and totally destroys the crypto image yet again.
At this rate, bitcoin will go to $1 as it gets hacked every day.
Is it possible to take simple precautions to protect against hackers?
For a so called "unhackable" wallet,private key ect, it seems to be a cake walk for any hacker.
 Sorry for the rant, it's just irritating to see crypto slowly dying because of hacks.

I don't think there is a way to hack cryptocurrency, you must be talked about wallet. But i don't think wallet security is vulnerable maybe the user who are not carefully secure their wallet. It hard to deal against hacker because they keep growing their knowledge about hacking if wallet security not update constantly their security a advise you to change your wallet.

▁▁▁▁▁█  SERENITY  █▁▁▁▁▁
▮▮ SERENITYSOURCE.com.au ▮▮
▔▔▔ENERGY  ON  THE  GO▔▔▔
gasparyu

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:59:41 PM

Bitcoin itself cannot be hacked. maybe the web wallets.maybe because of greed, some users are being persuaded to download some program that promises to get more of the coins.
Choy13

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:50:05 PM

Its not just crypto that are always hacked. It always happening like everyday. They hacking the data of a user for them to have it and transfer it to another account. They are doing it to gain more coin easily. It can be defeat by using some hardware wallet that can't be hack because of the 2FA and security password. Your bitcoin will get stronger and cannot be hackable by the hackers.
samsul1234

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 04:49:28 PM

about hackers it depends on how we secure our own wallets and do not be careless, hackers out there not only limited the currency crypto, but all hacked into their own profit, we must always be vigilant and careful

cryptokia

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:04:24 PM

I thought I don't remember the last one big and significant hack, but you need to consider that cryptocurrency is money and those money amounts are significant, so the hackers Are Always directed by their desire to steal more.
pyosar

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:33:57 PM

The problem is not only in hacking, the crypto currency market is also falling in a number of other factors. Develop a security system that will be difficult to crack is not difficult and it is already used almost everywhere. In hacking, not the crypto currency itself is to blame, but the stock exchanges from where they are stolen.
bizarro

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:44:50 PM

Is it really that hard to prevent hackers from hacking exchanges, wallets and God knows what other methods they use...
 I mean how on earth is crypto supposed to flourish if it's so venerable to hackers?
 Every month a huge hack happens and totally destroys the crypto image yet again.
For a so called "unhackable" wallet,private key ect, it seems to be a cake walk for any hacker.
 Sorry for the rant, it's just irritating to see crypto slowly dying because of hacks.

In my opinion all those hacker attacks are positive and useful because by them we can spot out some new weakness of the system and make it more secure because of the hack that was taking place
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:49:41 PM

Crypto is the new hackers playground OP. I know that it's sad, but that's the whole truth. With the booming of crypto, the number of hacked exchanges/wallets/crypto related websites etc. started going higher and higher. The only thing we can do is to try our best to protect our funds and credentials from prying eyes. That's why lots of people go for paper wallets and don't store large amounts of crypto on exchanges, cuz 1 day when you wake up and check your BTC balance on a certain exchange you may see 1 big fat 0. Don't be surprised if this happens Wink
Emmax

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:58:30 PM

I sometimes wonder how possible to hack Blockchain wallet with all those security in place. But when you talk about hack will are not seeing it for the first time because it has been happening in banks before. Now in Crypto space we do see hacker now. But you talking about hack does not mean bitcoin price will be low. It never have any effect against the price. We have seen Banks being hack many time but that does not mean they will not receive money from people the following day. They still continue their work without no disturb. Same thing applied here. So we have to be careful and make sure our Blockchain wallet is very secured.
Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:55:22 PM

Because it's a hacker's Paradise. since in this topic many beginners which are very easy to steal the money.
Timzbrand

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:08:26 AM

The quandary is not only in hacking, the crypto currency market is additionally falling in a number of other factors. Develop a security system that will be arduous to crack is not arduous and it is already used virtually everywhere. In hacking, not the cryptocurrency itself is to inculpate, but the stock exchanges from where they are purloined.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:18:09 AM

Bitcoin is not gassed. What to hack is an unsecured web wallet, a server, even a personal wallet, when careless usage downloads promising malwer to mine, be careful because most of them could be server hacks.
Dovie

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:28:36 AM

Simply because hackers want to earn in their easiest way by hacking. Since they knew how to hack such as data in your own account and your own computer, it is easy for them and effortless to gain earnings from someone they hacked. I compare them in parasites, they will depent on their ability to hacked other person's account to earn as simple as they can.
Clemcout

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

You can't hack bitcoin!!!!
Bitcoin is the protocol running on the blockchain, it has never been "hacked".

What is getting hacked are unsecured web wallets, servers, and even personal wallets when the user is stupid enough to download malware programs that are promising to mine at huge rates or to double his coins.
This is not the fault of bitcoin, it's the fault of the ones providing services with no clue how to do this securely.
Besides, most of those "server hacks" are just exit scams.

You're watching a pretty bad movie, turn off the tv, nothing is slowly dying around here.
To be honest greedy peoples are the one who suffer the most they would always download a malware program which promises to mine more or double there coins and in the end they end up losing whatever they even had with them , but again bitcoin aint hackble but those wallets are and we got to take proper care of our wallets or we might end up in the sadder side of the story , and again there will always be greedy people who will end up losing their money and then blame bitcoin for its security
Greediness and carelessness are the only ways whereby one can loss his coins. There are few other conditions like exchange is hacked etc but that are rare cases and if you keep your coins in good exchange, 80% are the chances that your funds won't be hacked.
jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:51:00 PM

As the old saying goes "There is no perefect system". There would be loopholes and that loopholes would be the gateway of those unethical person and they are very good at it. Cryptocurrency is a big business and an addition to that cyberspace is their area of specialty so it would be easy for them to hack something
0xBitcoins

Activity: 115
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:54:25 AM

Well, just as many have pointed out you can't hack Bitcoin but the wallets can be hacked due to many factors, as some are unsecure, some people are not security conscious enough visiting phishing sites or download malware programs and others blatantly expose their wallet keys.
Well, their are many hacks which are pre plan by the exchanges in order to get hold of the funds. These are are tactics which most of the small exchanges do in order to get quick money but loss their trust forever. Bog exchanges will not do such fake hacks because they value their users.
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:03:55 AM

It's the same as in the real world. People always want to steal from other people. Also here, many people want to take your money.
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:04:30 PM

Because bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are money, and when you have money the other person would love to steal that money from you, it was always like that, from all of the history of humanity.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: