Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:52:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops  (Read 565 times)
ganesh10 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:07:52 PM

Some airdrops require personal info from their users like government approved ID proof, a selfie with it, contact number, email, address etc. Does this information really required? How to know if somebody is scamming you for asking this kind of information?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:10:53 PM

Some airdrops require personal info from their users like government approved ID proof, a selfie with it, contact number, email, address etc. Does this information really required? How to know if somebody is scamming you for asking this kind of information?
Good joke.
Requiring such information should be prohibited in Airdrops. It looks suspicious. I hope that nobody will sell their ID for few bucks. Or Huh
rahul10

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:13:14 PM

I've seen such airdrops a few times.The information they require is so sensitive and people should not just give this kind of information in exchange of some coins which are worthless.
AlanShlafter

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:19:50 PM

This is called KYC and they are asking it for knowing that your are real and not a scammer or multiple account abuser. You can investigate the project and team, then trust the people at your own risk.
amolt

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:21:29 PM

There should be some regulations regarding what information a company can ask from it's users. And people should not give this kind of information just for few bucks. That's really sad.
bitdealer91

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 08:24:32 PM

Trusting your personal data is dangerous, so think about it many times before giving your data ... If I were you, I wouldn’t do it...

ECO   -   Eco is one simple balance that lets you spend, send, save and make money.  
▬▬▬▬▬      Go to eco.com and learn!      ▬▬▬▬▬
   -    Discord - find me here!    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get points Now!
pstraene

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:30:57 PM

I wouldn't send this data. Then you can distribute it right away in new york. Grin Grin  in my signature is a nice airdrop where everyone can get 400 token. and later comes an ico. maybe it's worth registering there. good luck.
Thomas petersen

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:34:23 PM

Its a policy called KYC. I wouldn't recommend participate in those ICO that requires KYC. Cryptocurrency is meant to be anonymous process then why should I give you my personal information. Be aware of that your personal information can be misused if you don't know your receiver properly. 
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:37:12 PM

Its a policy called KYC. I wouldn't recommend participate in those ICO that requires KYC. Cryptocurrency is meant to be anonymous process then why should I give you my personal information. Be aware of that your personal information can be misused if you don't know your receiver properly. 
Every legit ICO requires KYC/AML these days. I would like to know how you can invest without doing it Tongue Or do you have some legit ICO without KYC?
DonnieMitchel

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:46:45 PM

trade.io airdrop doesn't require such information and its FREE !!

Why not try luck -- https://t.me/TradeToken
Link - https://airdrops.trade.io/xchangerate
Lembur

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:49:51 PM

with very strong air pressure they inform themselves with honesty, sincerity, and the details of it just to get a token of a coin whose price is not necessarily profitable.for me personal commissions / tokens have not been worth the price than the value of honesty and sincerity value.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:54:29 PM

I usually avoid that kind of airdrops, it is not worth to give all those information about yourself for a few bucks worth of crypto.
Good airdrops are stake based, like when you get a founding stake in the project, like XEM or Elixir.
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

I would not advise in general these airdrops. It's stupid, better lead the bounty and develop, and do not get a penny.
Airdropmya

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:57:48 PM

Polymath a few months ago did an airdrop requiring a KYC, worth about $200, and that amount is something huge for an airdrop.

So what you essentially ask is, is giving your ID thus risking identity theft is worth in the best case scenario a couple hundred dollars?
I personally think not.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
oceanstarview

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:51:28 AM

Airdrop- are literally just simply free coins just waiting for you, also a decision regarding marketing strategy, a way to spread awareness to the relevant audience of potential investors and eventual enthusiasts, coins team will from time-to-time, do airdrops.
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:36:41 AM

I have no idea why they want it. High-priced airdrops usually want ID proof, but whatever happens, I do not find it right. I do not recommend sharing personal information so easily.

R.R.L.
camryku

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:03:55 AM

yes I've seen and heard about this air droplet because I do not know by following airdrops we can get free tokens but here I see why they need proof like email, address and others, and what is this called with airdrops Scam

Ekosistim

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:30:17 AM

i will never fill that info, because that is a personal info and can be misused by scamer to take advantage of our personal data, of course they can sell our private to some company.

FINANCEX || THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
━ ⋄❖⋄ PUBLIC ICO COUNTDOWN : ICO WEBSITE || Join NOW!!! ⋄❖⋄ ━ (https://ico.financex.io/)
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:30:45 AM

never give our personal identity if only limited to airdrop. as we exchange valuable items that we have with paid or not how results of the airdrop. better search for another airdrop that does not require such terms because it will certainly be at risk if there is an abuse of the personal identity of ours.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
spacedis

Activity: 100
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:10:01 AM

You definitely have to be careful what you enter for personal information. Be careful of scammers out there. People creating coins just to steal information is possible.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: