Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Quark is a loser in 2014, Doge is a winner, and how this relates to Vertcoin  (Read 6816 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:03:26 PM

Please stop the biased

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 11:07:27 PM

If the supply was within a normal limit (much lower than it currently is), i'd probably be more okay with it.
The numbers are off the chart. I wonder what will happen at the next subsidy.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:32:00 AM

Apparently, the Doge reserve is now going with 5% dogeflation, even though it was basically unanimous that everyone wanted them to halve it, so my original post is slightly off on Doge numbers.  It then hits 3% Dogeflation in 2029, then 2% in 2045.  With the aforementioned, crashing your Lamborghini into a tree, and sending up your dogecoin USB drive up in a fireball, "Paul Walker Effect", that 2% number will probably be more like 1% or 0%.  Full details here:  

http://theblogchain.com/2014/02/03/dogecoin-is-not-mugabecoin-a-discussion-of-inflation/

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
extee

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:09:15 AM

r0ach all you care about is if a coin allows your gpu mining rig to make money.  Cheesy  that is the summary of this thread.

achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:19:29 AM

Just check out the video.

This is what's insulting to people's intelligence.

People have been doing nothing but spamming that video all over the forum all week with a Disney world explanation of Quark.

In reality, an unbiased viewer with enough knowledge of how crypto works would define Quark as the following:

Quark (noun):  A proof of work cryptocurrency that either through sheer incompetence, or an attempt to run a pump and dump scam, sacrificed all block chain security with an accelerated block reward model, reaping windfall profits, and possibly utilizing a close sourced GPU miner kept from the public.  The coin now resides on life support, and only through a checkpoint system, which needs to be run in real time to prevent a homeless man with laptop from 51% attacking the network does the coin still exist at all.

Lol - dogecoin is 10x worse
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:20:09 AM

...lots of these pro vertcoin threads being spammed daily.

Next sucker some people in .........then the dump starts.  Waiting for the smack down anytime now. I predict seeing a -50% + stat on coinmarket cap any day now. Invest now and you will be taking on a serious risk for very little potential upside.

What they don't realise is that the size of your coin community is probably the single most important thing.

Vertcoin?  even the name just sounds terrible.

achillez

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:28:13 AM

dogecoin mined 6.5% (12B) in 3 days. there is no way dogecoin should be a long-term "valid" currency

Thanks for replying to my post without actually having read any of it.  I specifically stated, "Contrary to what the topic might look like, I'm not saying Doge is a good buy".

I stated that while the price of Quark is currently going up, and Doge going down, Quark is actually in a worse position than Doge is.

How many people are going to post in this thread pretending like having a PoW coin with no miners that uses central check pointing is a good thing?

Here's your topic --> "Why Quark is a loser in 2014, Doge is a winner, and how this relates to Vertcoin"

You should change it.. You make Doge seem like a "winner". There isn't anything winning about a 6.5% 3 day initial mine (hell might as well call it a pre-mine).
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:35:02 AM

dogecoin mined 6.5% (12B) in 3 days. there is no way dogecoin should be a long-term "valid" currency

Thanks for replying to my post without actually having read any of it.  I specifically stated, "Contrary to what the topic might look like, I'm not saying Doge is a good buy".

I stated that while the price of Quark is currently going up, and Doge going down, Quark is actually in a worse position than Doge is.

How many people are going to post in this thread pretending like having a PoW coin with no miners that uses central check pointing is a good thing?

Here's your topic --> "Why Quark is a loser in 2014, Doge is a winner, and how this relates to Vertcoin"

You should change it.. You make Doge seem like a "winner". There isn't anything winning about a 6.5% 3 day initial mine (hell might as well call it a pre-mine).

Yeah why not change it to be nearer the truth

"Quark the winner, Doge not too bad a bet and Vertcoin about to crash after being pumped and now spammed daily with threads like this"  -

whenever you see consistent spamming about a coin.... avoid it, it is part of a co-ordinated pump to extract BTC from your pocket.

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:07:05 AM

whenever you see consistent spamming about a coin.... avoid it, it is part of a co-ordinated pump to extract BTC from your pocket.

That was the entire point of this thread, talking about how everyone is spamming that Quark video nonstop lately.  I actually had no idea VTC was going to the moon today.  It was already on an upward trend, and all of a sudden people started throwing around walls of 35 BTC on Coinedup.  I've never even seen anyone put that much cash on that exchange before since the only contact information for the site is a random PO Box in California.  It's an excellent site for hassle free trading, but nobody actually knows if it will still exist when you wake up in the morning.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:12:29 AM

...lots of these pro vertcoin threads being spammed daily.

Next sucker some people in .........then the dump starts.  Waiting for the smack down anytime now. I predict seeing a -50% + stat on coinmarket cap any day now. Invest now and you will be taking on a serious risk for very little potential upside.

What they don't realise is that the size of your coin community is probably the single most important thing.

Well vertcoin went up like 1500% in 2 days, it seems to me before any pump for a few days you witness a large number of threads or newbie accounts advertising how good a certain coin is and then suddenly boom the price goes up 1000%. Vertcoin was pumped by a pump group and then masses joined in. I like Vertcoin its good tech, though with a horrible name, but i know the current price rise is due to a pump group rather than sudden interest by the masses.

Good for vertcoin nonetheless, those who invested early made huge rewards. I indeed missed the massive price rise, I only have a small stash from mining so i'm mainly an observer.

Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:32:42 AM

Quark gets bigger than doge? Good luck with that. Again, there are so many people that scream how important innovation is in crypto, but the market tells a different story. Doge is alt king, at least for now.

deltree

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:38:23 AM

What a bunch of bollocks from OP. It's clear he is trying to spread fud to promote his own coin. He probably fears Quark since it's a contender and is growing rapidly.
That's why he is desperately trying to bash it.

First of all, your doubts are pretty much debunked in this thread. Here someone has similar questions like you without being an ass. http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1wupg6/those_of_you_who_mine_quarkcoin_why/

Second QRK is designed to give less emphasis on mining incentive due to its rat-race of over emphasis on mining (Bitcoin's mining arm-race) which is not the only main reason that a currency exist. Also it makes the constant dumping by miners less effective because of it's model.
Mining has become controversial and sensitive issue due to rat-race of rich miners (ASIC rigs cost 10-15K), environmental hazards, PnD scheme etc. Mining is just an aspect of coin's feature not a zero-sum game. That's why Doge is desperately trying to change their algorithm to scrypt-jane because of their fear for asics, guess what Quark already thought about that and didn't just blindly copy and past LTC to regret it after.

Quarks distribution model is genius, because it needs a low daily maintenance cost to keep it's current price. Even if it would hit $1 now, it would only need $11,000 to maintain it's price, even less when the block reward halves. Again this is made possible by it's well thought economic model, where doge does horribly since it needs over $1million to maintain it's price, that's why it crashed from 230 to 130 causing many naif investors to get burned, because of it's flaws. They cared more about tricking people into believing that they have many coins which is causing problems right now.

Doge is just Feathercoin 2.0 with tight spreads and big sell walls, making it very hard to bypass. Without a meme it would have been faded into obscurity. Quarks infrastructure and community is only growing. Get your flaming elsewhere shibe.

Dude you may be a senior member with lots of experience, but I think you're too invested in a coin that could never really make it. I think the Quark rocket to the moon did take off but like the 1986 shuttle disaster Quark's o-ring failure has either happened or about to happen, in my view it's an accident rooted in history. Look below and tell me where Quark stands on the map?

reha

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:09:18 PM

Look at the design of this forum. It's pretty awful. Still you are using it. And imho dogecoin is a wtf name - and it's one of the most popular coins.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:27:47 PM

Translation:
I have much bag.
And i need very buyers..

Doge is useless scamcoin clone that offers nothing bad a sad pathetic gimmick.. a dog icon.

FUD first & ask questions later™
mek300

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:28:23 AM

Quark is an awkward name to pronounce. Doge has much better name.

The best all time pun belongs to "GOOGLE".
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:06:49 AM

I like Vertcoin its good tech, though with a horrible name

Translates to "Greencoin" in French.  The Chinese also refer to it in a similar manner. 

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:34:39 AM

doge is a scrypt clone that offer no new features in any way.

Quark is an innovation and a massive mile stone for the entire Altcoin scene..
it was the first coin to use a brand new algo and not just one but a bunch of them at once.

You guys showed up late so you missed flash mining Quark..
You showed up just in time to get in on flash mining Doge.. nuff said.

FUD first & ask questions later™
achillez

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:29:59 PM

doge is a scrypt clone that offer no new features in any way.

Quark is an innovation and a massive mile stone for the entire Altcoin scene..
it was the first coin to use a brand new algo and not just one but a bunch of them at once.

You guys showed up late so you missed flash mining Quark..
You showed up just in time to get in on flash mining Doge.. nuff said.

I think it goes a little further than that. the GPU miners were pissed they couldn't mine QRK, so they started DOGE
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

Quark seems to really divide people, either way it'd be wise to buy at these low prices before the next leg up ...

android wallet in development about to be released Smiley

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:15:13 PM

It might be genius if it was a proof of stake coin, but it's not.

That's what makes MINT so interesting, 5 week PoW.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.0
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: