Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies?  (Read 21792 times)
Nidhi Bhatia
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 10:28:28 AM

cryotocurrency companies are doing their jobs, they want to promote their coins/tokens/project through celebrities for the sake promotion and fame. On the other hand, Celebrities get paid so they have to  promote brand.Both are true in their sides. Personally i don't even trust on any type of advertisements done by the celebrities because they are doing only their job nothing else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:29:21 AM

Obviously I not rust them so far. It's just an advertisment, celebrities just show their faces as investors or advisors, in the most times they doesn't know nothing about projects that they are advertising. For example look on the Chinese advertizing on TV.

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:30:10 AM

I don't believe celebrities as the whole world of media is not trustworthy. I think they often say not what they think but what they have been paid for to advertise. I can believe only experts of the crypto market
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:32:22 AM

No but if a celebrity endorses an ico, it adds the ico's legitimacy because a good celebrity won't risk their name for a scam.
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 10:34:06 AM

If they are celebrities in crypto community I will. For example famous advisers or bounty managers.

Idol_Network

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:25:13 AM

Our project, the Idol Network is a content based network that allows for the sharing and consumption of creative content while providing a community for Stars and Entertainment Companies to interact with their Fans through multiple media formats.

While many projects focus on the artist or celebrity as their target solution, Idol will be a community with the Fan in mind. This means that all network developments, updates, or improvements will be done with keeping the Fan experience as a top priority. This Fan-centric way of approaching the entertainment industry allows Idol to establish itself over its competition.

For more information regarding our project please do check out our website at https://www.idol.network/
BloodKnight

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:26:56 AM

I don't want to believe, I think celebrities have little effect on cryptocurrency. Some people also object to cryptocurrencies such as Bill Gates. So I will not believe the celebrities who have introduced new coins.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:36:55 AM

Celebrities are really influential especially if you are an avid fan so somehow they can add up to your trust in the coin they are endorsing with. However, in this digital market it is important that we know the coin better rather than the endorser because at the end of the day it is us who will gain or lose.
selfmukti

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:43:53 AM

For me, this is the first signal of some kind of scam project. Celebrities are being paid for advertising and celebrities don't know sh@t about this crypto space. The only great advertising for the project is its prototype, team, advisors, and funds.
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 08:07:55 AM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
Well most likely, like what the major products around the market.
most of this celebrity dont even care, and just follow the script.
but although this might be possible, having them on a crypto commercial.
is quite risky for their career, what if the project turns out to be a scam? right?

well i guess it is possible that when a celebrity talks about it, they know it.
and possibly they invested on it. or created the sense of it.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:53:57 PM

It is not good if they are not involved themselves as then it it not authentic, but still celebrities can be used for spreading the awareness about Cryptocurrencies on a neutral way not selling you anything.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/ashton-kutcher-gave-ellen-degeneres-ripples-xrp-for-charity.html

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:01:12 PM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.

That depends on who's the celebrity doing the endorsements. If it's a celebrity that is known to have knowledge about cryptocurrency, then I'd probably trust them.
But if it's another dumb idiotic celeb which is just hired to make hype about something, then I don't, chances are, such project would probably fail.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:34:22 AM

Not at all I don’t trust anything that celebrity indorse; especially crypto currencies. I mean, if you have a solid project why would you need a face to speak for your tech?

Why not? If they managed to earn enough money, they know how to do it. It means, they are sure - the cryptocurrencies will enlarge their income. I always look through the news about these events, sometimes it is helpful.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:48:55 AM

Celebrities Endorsing cryptocurrencies is good move cryptocurrency industry will get maximum popularity and open new markets with celebrity cryptocurrency promotion
tooklau

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:53:25 AM

Why do we have to believe in these so-called "celebrities"? Are their purposes different from ours? Isn't they promoting the platform to make money? I will not regard any celebrity as the basis of my investment, or even refer to it. I only care about the project itself.
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:06:11 AM

The celebrities endorsing any cryptocurrency project is just mere strategy to promote and market a project it can never be a mark of trust to invest in any project !!
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:06:33 AM

No doubt that using famous celebrities is quite effective in advertising because of the charisma they possessed that's why other people tend to buy the product they advertised. But when it comes to crypto advertising, I think using Hollywood stars would not be totally effective. Instead, ICO developers should hire famous smart geeks in the industry to advertise their coin (for bitcoin as well) such as Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye. Another, they should prefer an informative TV commercial not a more persuasive one because I believe that if the audience was educated about the blockchain technology then their interest will suddenly grow from themselves naturally.
robertsu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:10:16 PM

The famous people act as a actors. The actors which  an acting  in the promotion product. If they interesting in project which they of promotion, than they figured it out it very superficially.  Because this not in them competence. This factor it's a line in promotion company, not more.
mobireal

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:24:10 PM

I think in the world we are if you want to make some thing to be known very well or to be popular and with celebrities the can make cryptocurrency more popular.
Ineedtopee

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:40:16 AM

NO, I don't. I do not trust anything that celebrities endorse at all, not just cryptocurrencies. I think that tha's one set of selfish and self centered people and whatever they do or say is for their own benefits, and not because of the interest of the public, and most times, we ordinary people are even more aware of these things than they are, so why trust whatever it is that they say?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: