Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:08:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold & Silver are safe than bank deposits ??  (Read 19206 times)
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:20:09 PM

Depends on the length of your investment.

Gold and silver are obviously independent assets that are considered to be a store of value in the long run, which is exactly what fiat currency isn't. For that exact reason, I think that it's safe to say in the long term, you'd probably rather have silver & gold in your portfolio, than bank deposits or pieces of fiat currency that will only depreciate over time.

However, they are volatile in the short term. Unlike a bank deposit, you're not guaranteed to have those returns. In a metals bear market they can definitely underperform drastically.

On top of gold and silver in the long run, I'd also buy some bitcoin for a long term portfolio, as it performs a similar role to precious metals, except more convenient.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:24:56 PM

well if it compared with bank deposits i think still safer to investing in gold rather than banks, the income are very comfortable with low risk of value drop if people are still needed it this stuff

ashkanm

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:34:23 PM

in my opinion it would be more profitable to make gold or silver as an investment. because its exchange rate has never decreased.In the bank my money will definitely be used for other purposes so it makes my money unsafe.However you should consider that storing the gold and silver in your house may require you to hold a vault and also involves risk of getting your funds stolen by breaking your house.
crpytonation

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:15:02 AM

Do you know the fact that any country's Fiat currency is directly related to amount of GOLD deposits that the central Banks have with them ?
So basically if a country is priniting $X worth paper money ,it is backed by $X worth Gold.So buying Gold is always better than bank deposits
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:44:43 AM

In my opinion the long-term benefit in this direction of investments is obvious. It is clear and to the child that the reserve of these precious metals daily decreases, this deficiency also will attract speculative interest in the future.
That is right, gold and silver are more profitable compare to bank deposits which will just give you a small amount of profit, so I don't think we should go trough investing in bank if we want to earn and maximize our money, aside from that consider investing in crypto too.
When it comes to that of keeping your money safe, it is none other than that of the trust which can help you in making the right decision and that if you trust investing your money into gold and silver more than that of the banks in your country, then you can do that.

I think of banks to be much secure than that of the investing in gold and that you need to look for the option in which chances of loss of money are lesser.
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:00:42 AM

this is true, but it depends a lot and to be honest, where are you keeping your gold? it is not safe to have it on your house because you can get them stolen, and that is not sometihng that happens with banks
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:29:47 PM

Obviously when it comes to store of value, we all know fiat is the last place you want to be keeping your funds at all as we all know how that has been over the years in the case of fiat itself losing so much value. Gold and silver have always been the best store of value over the years and pretty secured when it at least comes to not having to sweat in your pants wondering what is happening to your asset.

Banks should be the last place you want to be storing your cash for a long time and it is either you are investing it in other stuff, or at least invest in gold. I guess wise people have forgot gold and silver to get good returns as they are all must be engaging with cryptos.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:27:50 PM

That depends cause banks cannot change rules of your located money every way they want to do, they need to focus on percentage that they had offered you and if you invest in gold or silver that depends on price that it has in future.

@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:48:27 PM

In India ,people buy gold and silver many time in a year as we have a plenty of festival so buying gold is also taken as good omen in some festival.also gold are brought to wear as ornaments for women ,so there is major investment in gold in our country.gold and silver is better at ROI while comparing to bank deposit but it is still risky to hold them.but people should invest their saving 50-50 to bank and gold in my opinion and keep gold in bank lockers.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:23:33 PM

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??

Gold and Silver have been best assets to save for future. This is kept for profits as well. As you said above, the profit percentage investing in gold and silver is higher than saving the currency as FD and RD. Crypto currencies have been looked at as a great investment now a days then investing in gold and silver. I would choose bitcoin and other altcoins to invest rather than gold and silver.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:25:23 PM

crypto is for pocket money, gold/silver are for retirement money.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:50:40 PM

Banks are still functional and beneficial at some point with the exception of the corrupt ones, Depends on the bank's Interest rates, Insurance policy and other benefits, Gold, Silver and other precious metals are good with long-term gains that can bring more profit than bank deposits, It also depends on your preferred and planned lengths of Investments.

weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:55:03 PM

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??

Investing a gold or silver is not easy because there are a lot of paper works to be done, let say that it is really profitable but it was not that simple to sell it in the market because there are legalities, i prefer that you should invest on cryptocurrnecy because it was easier this way.

Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:50:57 AM

If you have a really safe place to store golds and silvers. And if you can easily keep and access them there it is ofcourse better than bank. But it is not possible for so many people that is why bank is the only choice.
Yeah gold and silver no doubt are good than bank accounts because the most profitable investment in the world is in gold. If you noticed everyone in this world wants to buy some gold no matter how much money he has. A billionaire also wants to buy gold for use and indirectly he invests in gold, while banks use your money for their own benefit and will only give you security of your money.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:12:49 AM

These are not guaranteed rates, first of all.

Silver and gold move in cycles just like bitcoin does. And although they have been proven to be long term store of values, I don't think that you can say that they are going to be more safe in terms of short term stability compared to bank, just because it may move extremely fast as it is after all, a freely traded asset.

I do think that everyone should be diversifying themselves into precious metals, and crypto. Both of them are hedges against fiat inflation. It's also something tangible, that is solely owned by you, unlike fiat currency (which is itself issued infinitely by central banks) in the form of bank deposits.
As long as security is concerned, I think these two elements have some shortfalls that must be addressed to see good results. Like if someone have bought silver or gold, he has to put extra care for securing them until he deposits this money and material in banks. In banks you attain satisfaction and security as well. People earn from these sources as interest. So yeah this is the case.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:31:48 AM

If you have a really safe place to store golds and silvers. And if you can easily keep and access them there it is ofcourse better than bank. But it is not possible for so many people that is why bank is the only choice.
Yeah gold and silver no doubt are good than bank accounts because the most profitable investment in the world is in gold. If you noticed everyone in this world wants to buy some gold no matter how much money he has. A billionaire also wants to buy gold for use and indirectly he invests in gold, while banks use your money for their own benefit and will only give you security of your money.
in addition profitable, gold is also safe to invest than we save in the bank. but for now i prefer to invest in property if have a lot of money. property gain i think is bigger than gold and silver

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
yousbabtle

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:02:37 AM

Yes,  while many people assume their assets are protected, there have been historical instances where governments have seized citizen property stored in banks.
In my opinion for good businessman investing his money in business is more profitable than buying gold and silver. Bank deposits are not for making money. These accounts are just the safe place for your money. Banks will never let you rich. They use your money for their benefits and if you have fixed deposit account they will give you just a small portion of your income.
Marjo04

Activity: 408

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:14:26 AM

i believe that gold investment also is good.i invest in some gold accessories  and i can use it in daily life and also if i need money i can go to any pawnshop sell it or pawn it.but i only invest for my personal use not lot of gold where i should store that maybe it will stolen by someone.but aside from gold its good to invest also in properties.

katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:44:12 AM

Example:

First of all, I think you need to understand that banks and Gold/Silver are not the same. Bank is in form of a steady and stable savings where you keep every achievement you have made. Gold is in the form of investment, so there will always be profit or loss coming from it.

Putting your money in Gold and Silver is a waste of time cause you can’t use those in buying and selling, even if you do, it won’t be so easy. You can only put money on gold and silver when you make up your mind for investment.
embargo

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:01:48 PM

Real assets, such as gold and silver, are insurance against sudden depreciation of paper money. In this case, the value of gold or silver will not grow - the paper money will simply depreciate. And you, accordingly, with nothing to lose, it's like a mime. This is the main feature of metals, because of its rarity and limited nature - to maintain purchasing power. And this property has proved itself for more than 1000 years. States are formed and disintegrated, and, accordingly, the money of these states, and gold remains. Invest in precious metals should be exclusively for a long time. If it's a short one, it's likely that not only you will not earn, but you will lose on converting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: