Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you own a shitcoin? lol Find out.  (Read 3096 times)
CryptyMike (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 127

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:59:41 PM

Doing a giveaway of some funny 'shitcoin' t-shirts lol
Who's going to wear those? Cheesy

Many many people. We've gotten some positive messages about them, and check out the tweet engagement in about 2-3 hours.

And hey, if you don't like them, that's perfectly fine Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alko89

Activity: 150
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:00:43 AM

Its amazing to see your site getting traction Cheesy love the idea!

Also I hope I get a t-shirt
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:27:24 AM

BCH
Definitely not the real Bitcoin, but a competitor (mid to upper-tier shitcoin).
Ironic technically BCH is the real Bitcoin.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:03:03 AM

BCH

Technically its a hard forked shitcoin lol.

Anyhow, CryptyMike. I think you should organize the level of shittiness from, altcoins with no premine and ICO as not that shitty to ICOs and the premines to the most shitty. Right?
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:50:49 PM

Very interesting thing about creating it about 1-2 hours.It is really great idea for the future to get using shitcoin. But I don't bealive in it, I think it will be not perspeative in the future to have any profit from it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

BCH

Anyhow, CryptyMike. I think you should organize the level of shittiness from, altcoins with no premine and ICO as not that shitty to ICOs and the premines to the most shitty. Right?

We are actually working on a more dynamic 'shittiness' algo.

This will be somewhat of an iterative process, because there are variables like you mentioned (no premine, ICO or not) in addition to Github metrics, quality of team, and more. These are manual, and cannot easily be automated.

To start, we will have different market metric variable and delta's, in addition to DoIOwnAShitcoin sentiment of # of searches, and plan to roll out Twitter sentiment for all 1,600+ coins Wink

Over time, we can add more metrics and variables to make it more robust, but we are working on a good start.

Thanks,
Mike
queenstella

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:13:27 PM

One cannot really identity the genuine coins from the fake as they comes in beautiful packages. Finding a way to identify those shit coins will help reducing so much fake coins
dinhthisa54

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:27:34 PM

Pretty funny, but a little bit annoying that you have to put in the picker and not just the name.
Other than that, most of the messages seemed to be pretty spot on  Grin

I'd just improve on the design a little bit, I think a different color scheme could do wonders already.
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:47:46 PM

One cannot really identity the genuine coins from the fake as they comes in beautiful packages. Finding a way to identify those shit coins will help reducing so much fake coins

We agree, we are actually working on a 'shittiness algo'...and this will be somewhat iterative, but v1 will be incorporating market metrics of course like marketcap, and volatility of price and volume over different time periods, as well as DIOAS stats like how many times it was searched, and potentially upvote/downvotes as we include that in coin dashboards, working on twitter sentiment for ALL coins actually...then there are manual variables we can add over time like quality of team, ICO or not, github metrics for each coin, and more.

We're having a blast actually, and in the mean time just building a community, coin reviews each day as you can see, and more...we're keeping busy lol
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:49:24 PM

Pretty funny, but a little bit annoying that you have to put in the picker and not just the name.
Other than that, most of the messages seemed to be pretty spot on  Grin

I'd just improve on the design a little bit, I think a different color scheme could do wonders already.

You can enter the entire coin name... i.e. BTC or bitcoin will work.

We agree the design is not 'sleek', we may work on layout, but the 'design' has a raw feel, which we are staying with for the time being I think. We kind of like it lol We'll see...working on feature/product and organizing other things out for now.

Appreciate the enthusiasm though. Thinking of starting a Telegram soon where everyone can just chat/BS/brainstorm..will keep ya posted

- Mike
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:15:03 PM

-How do you determine which coins are shit?
-Is this just your "personal" opinion?
-What metrics are used??

█████████████████████
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:58:49 PM

-How do you determine which coins are shit?
-Is this just your "personal" opinion?
-What metrics are used??

All of those questions overlap with each other. This has been answered quite a few times now lol, please skim through the thread for more information.

TL;DR - we initially built this primarily based off of marketcap...now we are working on a 'shittiness' algo which I briefly mentioned three posts up....quote,

'We agree, we are actually working on a 'shittiness algo'...and this will be somewhat iterative, but v1 will be incorporating market metrics of course like marketcap, and volatility of price and volume over different time periods, as well as DIOAS stats like how many times it was searched, and potentially upvote/downvotes as we include that in coin dashboards, working on twitter sentiment for ALL coins actually...then there are manual variables we can add over time like quality of team, ICO or not, github metrics for each coin, and more.

We're having a blast actually, and in the mean time just building a community, coin reviews each day as you can see on our blog, and more...we're keeping busy lol'

Cheers,
Mike
pinkflower

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:46:34 AM

BCH

This will be somewhat of an iterative process, because there are variables like you mentioned (no premine, ICO or not) in addition to Github metrics, quality of team, and more. These are manual, and cannot easily be automated.

To start, we will have different market metric variable and delta's, in addition to DoIOwnAShitcoin sentiment of # of searches, and plan to roll out Twitter sentiment for all 1,600+ coins Wink

Over time, we can add more metrics and variables to make it more robust, but we are working on a good start.

Thanks,
Mike

How would you rate the quality of a project's team? Will you look at each merged pull requests in Github? That would be very hard to do on all 1600+ coins. What if the team is anonymous?

For easier ratings, my suggestion would be to drop the coins outside of the top500 for now.
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:29:32 AM

BCH

Thanks,
Mike

How would you rate the quality of a project's team? Will you look at each merged pull requests in Github? That would be very hard to do on all 1600+ coins. What if the team is anonymous?

For easier ratings, my suggestion would be to drop the coins outside of the top500 for now.

Mmm..yeah in V1 we wouldn't get Github or 'team' data however we would decide to do that. It would be somewhat iterative as mentioned. The first set of variables will be ones we can automate for all 1600+ coins. Marketcap, price volatility over diff time periods, volume volatility over time periods, # searches in our system...quickly after this we should have twitter sentiment to include, and more prob.

Was trying to avoid cutting out coins.. Will think on that though, since some will get manual eventually.
pinkflower

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:55:06 AM

CryptyMike, did you change the response for Burst? Its now giving the message "The good news is you could have picked shittier" lol. Thats a complement coming from a "no shitcoin, Bitcoin only" attitude.

Having that said, I request to have it changed to something more compelentary. I can leave Burst's basic information in the thread if you want it.
t1ithuan1223

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:28:11 AM

I am also very interested in exploiting IPFS. You have more than on? Please give a some idea. Thank you.  Huh Huh Huh
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:42:42 PM

Funny site Smiley
I see use info from Coinmarketcap..
How site dectect shitcoin or not? Do you use market cap only?
Good luck Smiley
crypto.nik11

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:05:45 AM

I have a lot of shitcoins in my wallet. Most of them are the tokens I get from airdrops and stuff.
I also bought at some at ICO and they also shitcoins now. Gotta be prepared.
Erbens101

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 04:46:02 PM

Nice project, but I don't think that it will be successfull. Smiley
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 08:05:36 PM

Nice project, but I don't think that it will be successfull. Smiley

it will reveal the bitcoin sect as a bunch of haters, people should exploit this project, here publicly.

lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: