Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:08:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perspective about HODL.  (Read 3153 times)
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:52:50 AM

The hodl strategy works for long term investments like ADA and LISK but not for day trading coins like dogecoin which has poor long term goals and moves a bit each week

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
beliomir

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:20:00 AM

I think the retention of coins for several years (3-5) has a prospect, but not for a year or two)

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 04:19:46 PM

I suppose if you're a good trader, then hodl makes less sense as you can make money if the market's down or up. That being said, it's important to know your own limitations. My trading attempts have gone rather poorly, so hodl it is.

Well as for my perspective and also based on my currently experience is that i probably take the hodl than to risk off all coins i have. Sometimes we need some second thought, and going for risk is not bad but on the other hand always think and be wise. It's very accurate when you said that we know our own limitations, well said.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1264

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 04:38:00 PM

The hodl strategy works for long term investments like ADA and LISK but not for day trading coins like dogecoin which has poor long term goals and moves a bit each week
Doge is a shitcoin my friend. Dont put your money in it and hope it to moon because that is the biggest retardness meme in the world. Doge was always a shitcoin and will be in future as well. Some monthly pump and dump occurs and then it dies out again to remain stagnant. You have my appraisal if you are managing to make money out of that pump and dump but its not my thing to hodl. Grin

I think the retention of coins for several years (3-5) has a prospect, but not for a year or two)
Just 3-5? Dude you need to pull your pants up and get the rubber ready because we are ready to hodl for our entire lives and see the revolution brought by crypto to this economy. This is the time of red and thus not the time to sell but hold. Keep up that spirit and try to infuse it among fellow bitcoiners.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25

Activity: 339
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:07:26 PM

Well there's nothing wrong with hodling because we know market will recover. but yes the thought of waiting for the market to recover is nonsense when we can exchange it with a coin that has potential to increase realtime or in a shorter period. Hodling is ideal only if you are a busy person and don't have time to check the market every now and then and you choose to let your coin sit for long.

I agree with that, and hoping that as soon as possible we can see a desirable fluctuation of the Bitcoin price which will affect hundreds of campaigns which the distribution of the payment to the workers remain unknown and not progressive as what it was last year, I hope it will be okay soon.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:01:43 PM

Hodl, or long-term investment, is ideal for earning with bitcoin. Also, as such a coin, you can still consider Ethereum. As for the other coins, absolutely not all of them are promising, so it is better to use a trading strategy for them.

Yes, if now you decide which of the cryptocurrencies is the best one for hodling, it will be Ethereum. Its price can stay very low for long, but in 1-2 years this altcoin will gain a lot.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:16:45 PM

HODL is a strategy to hold or wait for a big thing in the right time and in my opinion HODL is a good strategy to be treated business that is a bitcoin business like this
tanxpresisit514

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:39:48 AM

HODL is the best passive investment strategy ever, because there is no crypto currency movement as long as the price has not reached the desired level. There are no rules that require a long or short term, because the main benchmark is that prices have entered the target. That is it
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 09:22:49 AM

I agree with that, and hoping that as soon as possible we can see a desirable fluctuation of the Bitcoin price which will affect hundreds of campaigns which the distribution of the payment to the workers remain unknown and not progressive as what it was last year, I hope it will be okay soon.
What the hell are you talking about? Are you visiting the site from an translator? You really need to put in some information in your posts to construct proper sentences and not just a blabbering of shitposts.

Yes, if now you decide which of the cryptocurrencies is the best one for hodling, it will be Ethereum. Its price can stay very low for long, but in 1-2 years this altcoin will gain a lot.
Where is the evidence backing your claim? Agreed that Eth is a long term hold but have you considered the recent changes in POW to POS? It wont affect anything much except that the price will drop again when it becomes official the time of which I have lost track, their developers are horrible. Whether people will take that as a good or bad only time will tell but the general buzz is bad at the moment.

Bitcoin without any doubt is a good hodl.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bigbosma

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:36:17 PM

Of course, there are a large number of strategies for earning and you can choose the one you like. But HODL still the most effective and safe. So I remain faithful to her.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:45:08 PM

Thank you i didnt know about this its intersting somthing like Google hah ,how life situations could make history ,so now i know why Hodl and not hold ,thank you man.

rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:12:59 PM

I think that this is the most ideal investment strategy, especially for those who know little about cryptocurrency and do not want to delve into this topic. Basic knowledge of bitcoin is enough to successfully invest in the long term.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 09:06:59 AM

Of course, there are a large number of strategies for earning and you can choose the one you like. But HODL still the most effective and safe. So I remain faithful to her.
Its strange that you talk about large number of "strategies" to earn because the only one I know is getting a job and working laboriously to get a decent earning and food on table. Hodling bitcoin is a method to make money but its more of an asset and an investment per se. You are not making money just by holding you need to sell to bank that cash. Tongue

I think that this is the most ideal investment strategy, especially for those who know little about cryptocurrency and do not want to delve into this topic. Basic knowledge of bitcoin is enough to successfully invest in the long term.
Nothing is ideal. Hodl also has its cons and pros. Its also not for everyone. Specially those with weak hearts prone to heart attacks and those who dont have a basic fundamental idea of what crypto is and why its going to go up in future despite small hardships in the path to moon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:50:01 PM

HODLER Definition updated for the market crash

H         O          D        L        E              R
Halfwit Ongoing Dumb Loser  Extremely  Retarded       Kiss

Cool

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

Uhmm interesting, I also found that post when I was looking for information about Satoshi in the Nakamoto institute, I didn't know it was a typo, I just thought it's a meme like many things here, it's interesting how the hodling has been the best attitude that many can do, even if they are not as effective in this bear market.
pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:12:20 PM

Uhmm interesting, I also found that post when I was looking for information about Satoshi in the Nakamoto institute, I didn't know it was a typo, I just thought it's a meme like many things here, it's interesting how the hodling has been the best attitude that many can do, even if they are not as effective in this bear market.
sometimes conditions that force us can only survive because it is very risky if you trade in conditions like this especially if you do not understand the flow of the market. sometimes we also cannot sell our coins or exchange with other coins to trade if our coins fall too deep.
Tondya

Activity: 546

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:33:39 PM

HODL folks. Prices fluctuating in both directions, up and down, and now they down, but soon they will go up. And we just have to wait few months until it happen. And then we will celebrate and will be rewarded for being brave enough to HODL.   

Linkkoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 88

Online Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

Depends from the coins. And buying BTC in 2015, and waiting until the 2017 rally was an excellent example, that 2 years may be enough.

Online cryptocurrency exchange - https://linkkoin.com
Buy BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, EOS, LTC, XMR, REP, ETC, ZEC with credit/debit card
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:33:19 PM

Depends from the coins. And buying BTC in 2015, and waiting until the 2017 rally was an excellent example, that 2 years may be enough.

I agree, it depends from the coins ... many will no longer exist in a few months / year. The selection of valid projects is essential now

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Marcsymon

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:30:20 PM

I thinks it depends the market trend of cryptocurrency and how potential your coins being hodl with respect to it's project development. Hodl perspective is a strategy of being patient and waiting for possible good market correction prior making an investment. In this way might be it's a long term of making profit but at least it is a profit not a loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: