Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:11:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perspective about HODL.  (Read 3137 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 08:32:11 AM

Its wise to HODL only coins and token you are sure will survive for years and mean business in what they do ,with good roadmap and serious team behind the project then nothing can go wrong so do some serious research before you decide to HODL.
Thinking that nothing can go wrong is the wrong step in investing your money. You have to take into account possible risks associated with any asset as well. Not that it matter for bitcoin though because we all know that its going to go up in future even if some idiots in this forum claim it not to because they suffer from delusions of grandeur.

But this risk assessment must be done for new ICOs that people wish to put their money in. You never know which team is going to divest their funds and run away leaving you hanging. HODL is definitely not for them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:47:46 AM

I don't know if HODL is right or wrong, but now I have no choice, what else can I do besides HODL? When the cryptocurrency in the hands suffered a big drop, selling them is meaningless to me. All I can only continue with HODL.
This is the situation for most of us now. We cannot change the weakness of the market, but we should maintain the necessary patience.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
cempa9

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:12:57 AM

Hodling is just another term for long-term investing, and with long-term investing you should be 100% sure that you are making the right choice. If you don't do extensive and intelligent research (reading a few articles and discussions doesn't count), you are not investing, you are gambling, and the odds are really bad, because most altcoins are doomed in the long run, the world doesn't need thousands of coins, most users won't use more than 1-3 coins. Also most of those projects are some sort of a scam where no promises will ever be delivered. So, for newbies the simplest and most effective thing is to hodl Bitcoin, since it's 100% not a scam and it has the smallest chance to fail because it has the best developers in the world.
Agreed, and further adding to it if one decides to invest in project for long term, one of the most important factor many people don't pay heed to is how well funded the project is. Sure the tech behind any project makes it a strong contender but how that platform is getting fuelled, whether it's a community project or a venture backed project, these factors matters a lot as they keep any project breathing under the worst of bear markets.
kogozer714
Copper Member

Activity: 593
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:23:57 PM

Perspective about HOLD. My point is that after you invest, you need to know what the coin is before you want to HOLD it and how the future of coins is what you want to hold  Grin Roll Eyes
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 07:58:40 AM

I don't know if HODL is right or wrong, but now I have no choice, what else can I do besides HODL?
This helplessness is going to make people do the wrong stuff. I know it feels bad but those who have bought at the wrong time have nothing to do but to hold and gradually grow impatient. Its important to maintain patience here because this is time when the market is testing its traders. Weak hands will be weeded out while strong hands will be winning.

When the cryptocurrency in the hands suffered a big drop, selling them is meaningless to me. All I can only continue with HODL.
You can also lock up your assets and leave them for a year or so. It will help you manage the panic with holding and also not waste your time checking the price every few days.

This is the situation for most of us now. We cannot change the weakness of the market, but we should maintain the necessary patience.
That is the key at the bear market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:32:24 AM

What is HODL?
The very first time the term HODL appeared on the Bitcoin talk forum was in 2013 and came from a member named GameKyuubi under the thread “I AM HODLING”.
From the look of the post, he was drunk and wanted to convey the fact that he was holding his BTC despite the serious fall that had just happened.

Since then, this misspelled term became very popular in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency world. Whenever a person says in a conversation that he/she is hodling or suggests to hodl, it means that they believe their coin will be profitable one day, if not today.

So basically, “HODL” was originally a typo which has now popularly earned the status of a humorous backronym:
HODL” – “Hold on for dear life”

Kwatwani, S. (2018, February 2). What is "HODL" in the Cryptocurrency World? + Must Know Cryptocurrency Terms [Web log post].
Retrieved from https://coinsutra.com/hodl-popular-cryptocurrency-terms/

So let's cut now the history of the term. Well I want to share to you my perspective about the HODL strategy, We were all a newbie once in everything like the cryptocurrency, trading, mining, investing, etc. Most of us chooses the path of being a trader either a full time/part time, day trading/long term holding.

Most of us experienced the markets bears and bulls and as a newbie we're seeking for a right answer and most of the answer we've got from different peoples, articles and videos online is the term "HODL" and they said that it is the best way to do whenever there's a bear market, is it the right thing to do?

At first I believe in that saying because I don't have any knowledge about cryptos but after being having an experience in this forum, trading and investing to ICO's I just realized that it's not always the best way or the best strategy in cryptocurrency industry, in my case whenever there's a bear market I am analyzing the market and there's a time that we need to cut our loses and study different cryptos in the market wherein we can take advantage and earn more rather than waiting for a long time until the market recovers.

Well, the only disadvantages I've seen so far is that if your analyzation  is wrong and you've invested to a wrong coin.

Just like what I've said not all the time HODL is the best, we should consider other strategies as well. This is all according to my own perspective and opinion, I would be glad if you will give yours  Smiley

Its true that hodl is not the best strategy since we only believe on something without any facts and the worst part of all is that the money you invest might lost. HoDL strategy is just like easy money scheme. We simply put our money and wait but the bad part is that its not like real estate that we have a tangible property but only a share of asset and it can be gone easily compared to reals estate.

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:16:04 AM

The first time I've heard of HODL was way back years ago, at first I thought it was just simply an error or a correction from the OP's that have written this in their own threads, but it turns out that it was really HODL and I gagged about it because I was in the forum for almost a year and I did not have any clue about that, I only found out about this when my friend asked if I was HODLing and after that he laughed at me and explained everything, it was a long story and I'd be writing a full 40 paged book If I explained everything here in the forum.
Genosx

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:35:34 AM

For me holding coins is not bad to do at all
because this is the safest way when the value of coins is in the low state of amount in the market to avoid losing of it.
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 08:43:57 AM

Hooodl can take us two paths. one to glory and stars and the other to despair and empty pockets. The main problem is whales they need profit they can do anything just for there gains. Tomorrow they may say bch is real bitcoin. If BTC continues falling in 2019 like this it will be disaster for btc and altcoin holders. Atleast now BTC Bulls/bears/exchanges should understand this and must stop manipulating .
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:33:49 AM

To HODL or not to HODL is a matter of faith on the coin that you have. But such faith on the coin's future should not be a blind one. There has to be some fundamental bases upon which your decision to HODL or not is based. And then there is the fact that risk is always present. I used to hear some good advice not to be too loyal to any coin at all because they could perish anytime for myriad of reasons. This is also true. That is why HODL should not be forever. Everyone should have a point of satisfaction. Lest you might lose what you have.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:07:14 AM

Hooodl can take us two paths. one to glory and stars and the other to despair and empty pockets. The main problem is whales they need profit they can do anything just for there gains. Tomorrow they may say bch is real bitcoin. If BTC continues falling in 2019 like this it will be disaster for btc and altcoin holders. Atleast now BTC Bulls/bears/exchanges should understand this and must stop manipulating .
Maybe your opinion is right, investment in bitcoin is different from other investment places such as investment in land or real estate, I am sure both of these investment places will provide large profits for everyone who chooses long term investment. Unlike investing in bitcoin, everyone is still confused about the future of bitcoin, especially the regulatory issues and functions that can be used by the public when accepted by various countries. The number of cryptocurrency so far is very much not only 100 coins, so there are many opportunities for each country when he wants to adopt one of the coins legalized in their country.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 11:39:14 AM

Maybe your opinion is right, investment in bitcoin is different from other investment places such as investment in land or real estate, I am sure both of these investment places will provide large profits for everyone who chooses long term investment. Unlike investing in bitcoin, everyone is still confused about the future of bitcoin, especially the regulatory issues and functions that can be used by the public when accepted by various countries. The number of cryptocurrency so far is very much not only 100 coins, so there are many opportunities for each country when he wants to adopt one of the coins legalized in their country.

True, investment in bitcoin will be very different if we compared it with real estate investment. Hodl in bitcoin should have a target which we want to achieve and holding it for a very long time would not be good since the price can be fall or rise significantly in a relatively short period of time. Once we reached our targets, we should sell it to earn the profit and do another investment. Even though I do believe that bitcoin will last longer but I have no idea about its price in the future. It can soar and it can drop sharply as well.

Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:24:20 PM

If you made a profit, which at the time of sale was satisfactory for you, then you are quite a successful trader. On schoolchildren, only schoolchildren in their wet dreams can sell and buy at the bottom; in practice, this almost never happens. The maximum is recorded by the ladder and averages the selling price, the bounty of selling on the huyah is available only to insiders.
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:24:46 PM

hodl turned out to be a hat 😀

The puzzle does not work only towards the heap of services being prepared for institutional and other things, and various fiat exchanges such as hitting them would not start to climb into it, if everything is already the end in winter, what's the point? Is the cue ball short to zero?) Or what, is there a bitman dying lol; That their pig feces is a real cue ball? Satoshi would come right now and show the pigs where to go, but he isn’t
krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:35:01 PM

The word HODL still sounds weird to me. I was not aware though about the origin of the word. It is nice to become aware of how this word was started here on this forum. Are there any other similar instances for other terms used in crypto community.
TusharMali99

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:05:15 PM

Hodl strategy doesn't always work with every coin. We should only hold good coins that are worth holding like BTC, ETH. Holding shitcoins that are worthless will lead us to heavy losses.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 09:30:08 AM

Hodl strategy doesn't always work with every coin. We should only hold good coins that are worth holding like BTC, ETH.
Holding the top few altcoins along with bitcoin is always the good mindset. Putting your money into every new project that jumps up is only going to be a headache and a waste of time and resources because of this current market being non-productive to any ICO. However one could try investing in other sectors which are also being bearish and stay away from crypto for a small period of time. It could be a good knowledge building exercise.

Holding shitcoins that are worthless will lead us to heavy losses.
The heavy loss already occurred when they bought the shitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Exeus

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 10:04:26 AM

Well there's nothing wrong with hodling because we know market will recover. but yes the thought of waiting for the market to recover is nonsense when we can exchange it with a coin that has potential to increase realtime or in a shorter period. Hodling is ideal only if you are a busy person and don't have time to check the market every now and then and you choose to let your coin sit for long.
patience is always a virtue and yes, due to the happenings of the market right now which most of us don't actually like the flow of the prices, that's why most of us also are getting scared and it ends into selling their coins, because they're afraid they will lose more if it keeps on falling. having a thought of waiting the market to recover is not actually a nonsense it matters on you if you're thinking for long term investment actually we all know the risk but the fact that we can earn bigger profit if we still holding these coins and wait till the time when it will rise up again it can doubled our money that we invested.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 11:48:50 AM

Hodl strategy doesn't always work with every coin. We should only hold good coins that are worth holding like BTC, ETH. Holding shitcoins that are worthless will lead us to heavy losses.

Its true, different coin should be different strategy because have different fundamental. Hodling strategy only can implemented in good coin with big daily volume transaction and already have working product. Many altcoin in market are pump and dump coin and its not worth to hold for long term.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:26:01 PM

Its true, different coin should be different strategy because have different fundamental. Hodling strategy only can implemented in good coin with big daily volume transaction and already have working product. Many altcoin in market are pump and dump coin and its not worth to hold for long term.

For me it is not a good move if we hold coin in the market, the reasons are first before you become a successful holder there are some projects to be released with the same purpose, second most of the alts in  the market does not have chance to prove themselves because investors does not want to invest to a coin that the ICO has done already for a long period of time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: