Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:23:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Traveling in this City Can Use Bitcoin!  (Read 668 times)
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:01:06 AM

More than 30 business outlets in Agnes Water and the City of 1770 in Central Queensland are currently receiving crypto currency as a means of payment. People in the coastal city call themselves the first "digital currency-friendly" tourist city in Australia.

The goal is to attract an international tourist market niche, which can pay for various products and services with digital currencies such as bitcoins that can be converted to Australian dollars.

Local real estate agent Gordon Christian said he had gained the support of local entrepreneurs to embrace digital currency technology into their city to boost key industries in their region of tourism.

Gordon Christian said the strategy was aimed at attracting more tourists to the area and attracting tourist alternatives.

It's great news! It's good to have a tourist place that can use Bitcoin. It will be a great opportunity for other tourist places to launch this kind of concept. It will be a hit for Bitcoin users.
QualifiedDraft25

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:01:38 AM

That kind of services should be available in more places. It will be revolutionary.
Viewpoint56

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:03:38 AM

This will be my pleasure to be the witness that i am traveling not only cities but also around the world using btc.
monster2

Activity: 448
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:12:42 AM

Bitcoin is also very tedious in different countries so it also makes a lot of people paying so no need to spend money they will pay you cash, which I pay for it is a good way to extend the crypto to other places.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:26:36 AM

More than 30 business outlets in Agnes Water and the City of 1770 in Central Queensland are currently receiving crypto currency as a means of payment. People in the coastal city call themselves the first "digital currency-friendly" tourist city in Australia.

The goal is to attract an international tourist market niche, which can pay for various products and services with digital currencies such as bitcoins that can be converted to Australian dollars.

Local real estate agent Gordon Christian said he had gained the support of local entrepreneurs to embrace digital currency technology into their city to boost key industries in their region of tourism.

Gordon Christian said the strategy was aimed at attracting more tourists to the area and attracting tourist alternatives.
I think its a great tourism strategy using the usage bitcoin as a medium. Im sure that they consistent to always improving their services, there will be more tourist from all over the world to come to this city because of their advance.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Ntaa
Copper Member

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:36:01 AM

Wow. . amazing. a very brilliant idea. And I think it will have a positive impact on Cryptocurrency and bitcoin.
If all countries in the world allow for transactions with bitcoin I'm sure bitcoin can be a currency for the world.
hopefully it can happen.
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 10:43:04 AM

In 2018, the tourism industry brought Australia a record $ 107 billion.

Studies show that Chinese tourists still spend the most money: about half of all foreign expenses come from China.
The greatest increase in the number of visitors came from tourists from India.

Analyzing these facts, we can say that the crypto in Australia would be in demand.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:48:03 AM

Wow this is good news and uplifting, Australia is close to my country! of course this will be a convenience for people who want to travel there, because many stores outlets that accept Bitcoin as a means of legitimate payment. I also hope this will trigger other places to accept Cryptocurrency as a valid payment instrument. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency will continue to grow.
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:56:18 AM

this is one of the best innovative solutions that should attain by anyone!have you ever imagined that you can travel around the globe or in different cities rather without a single penny in your pocket?all you got in your travelling bag is your smartphone or laptop...everything you need is just a one touch of your finger that means a hassle free travel to all travel enthusiast.You can have your accomodations all the time and have your cooked meal delivered on your hotel room,all these great priviledges is all inclusive in your bitcoin.
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:56:53 AM

Now one can hold btc,if his country bans btc then he may use it in other countries that is the benifit of being global currency.
Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:58:30 AM

This is a really nice use case this digital currency-friendly" tourist city in Australia has come up with. I think this will attract more tourist who will spend buy more in that city.
I hope this great idea will spread all over Australia so tourist can use there crypto everywhere.

Ar Rahman

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:11:51 AM

wow, this is good news for the bitcoin community and its users, maybe this city will be the richest city in the future and the sophisticated city of another city city, we as a community or bitcoin users can freely use bitcoin we have to buy something or rent a vehicle or taxis, and will probably become a world-famous city.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:33:10 AM

It's great news! It's good to have a tourist place that can use Bitcoin. It will be a great opportunity for other tourist places to launch this kind of concept. It will be a hit for Bitcoin users.
Wow it was such a great and interesting idea to do. I want to experience this kind of system and I hope that it will be adapted worldwide. This is such a good thing to do with bitcoin and a very classy system. This just show how powerful and advantageous bitcoin is. One day all of us willin get to experience this in our lifetime.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1767

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:35:56 AM

I'm surprised I haven't come across this before. The project did manage to get a decent media coverage:

https://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/agnes-water-first-town-in-australia-to-embrace-dig/3430828/
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-03/australias-first-digital-currency-friendly-town/9828306
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5799951/Queenslands-Agnes-Water-beach-town-pay-holiday-bitcoin.html

That, on its own, is some marketing success (for such a small town).
I've never heard about the payment processor TravelByBit, if legit - they're doing a great work.

That's really cool. I did not know that there is already a city that is so crypto friendly. Although I will never get there, but still good to know that it already exists. Other cities should follow their example. A city that would be in my reachable environment so crypto friendly I would certainly visit. I hope all cities are so crypto friendly soon. It would be another incentive to visit this city.  Smiley
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:36:05 AM

It was just an amazing thing that this kind of activity is already existing in bitcoin. It was such an inspirational and motivational idea to be embrace. This kind of activity in bitcoin should be adapted worldwide. I hope that all of us who currently use bitcoin will get to experience this in our lifetime and I hope that it will continue.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1543

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:45:06 AM

A very good idea and glad to see people taking initiative, wish that kind of services launches in my country as well. I recently bought some online courses with bitcoin. had to go with lots of discussion with the content creator but it was worth it.

If this initiative comes into play then will try for sure.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
phanquan5111994

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:42:36 AM

That's a great idea!!!
As in my country (Vietnam) Bitcoin is used in cafes, restaurants ...
You can enjoy a pizza, a cup of coffee and a Bitcoin payment!
I find that great !!!
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:40:48 AM

You sounds promoting the place in your thread here  Grin
Anyway, it is good to see such a place that accept bitcoin as their payment because it can create more public awareness about cryptocurrency.
If many peoples seek for crypto, then the market price will rise.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
SaraClarke1212

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:31:44 AM

But when you are a tourist of that country, you need to comply with the terms of the country's cryptos, otherwise, the police may charge you for illegal money laundering. Wherever you are in the world, you need to comply with the rules that governments make.
Menthil85

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:41:54 AM

This is good news, of course, easier all holders of bitcoin community, especially for travelers, they do not have to bother to redeem the currency of their country to country they want to go, and they can shop using their BTC, and is certainly very helpful city- a city that wants to accept bitcoin as a transaction tool, and this is definitely a good opportunity for bitcoin to become digital money in the world.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: