Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:18:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: planning for down market  (Read 1174 times)
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:30:41 PM

Whenever market going down then my strategy is always buy as mostly people sell at down trend and buy when market going up. I always get most profits because i buy when people sell and i sell when people buy.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:53:28 PM

most asked questions, most answers are actually incorrect.

1º It's false that the market will recover.

2º it's false that the market will recover fast

3º It's false that your holding will make any difference in the market (since the important whales, sharks and aggresive traders are those able to change the market).

4º The market has been going down , almost 69% downs for ETH. and the Cap of the market down by 70%. considering everything will return to high numbers is just a guess that its bound NOT to happen.

5º The best to do is :

If you've already lost a little money - SELL
If you've already lost a LOT of money - HOLD
If you've won Little or a lot of money - SELL

The market is going down. This cannot be debated. It is what it is. Who is gonna grant you that holding you won't lose more money? NOONE!!!! They are only trying to control you from taking rationable decisions to keep as much money as possible.

I agree with every point you made so far. Many people here seem to be living in a fantasy world they imagine for themselves (in which they are new Warren Buffetts) but cryptomarket is not a Disneyland, not anymore. It was different way back, like 3-4 years ago, when holding actually made sense, but now it turned into yet another financial market where most couch potato traders are set to lose and they are already losing massively.

For me the market is dead. And holding is just a disaster and you´ll regret it.

The only point which I disagree with is this one. The market may be dead for you personally but it doesn't mean it is dead as such. Basically, we should remember that cryptocurrencies have their strong sides as opposed to or compared with fiat currencies, and while the market may be dead for most coins (or soon will be), some of the coins may still get wider adoption over time in real life. It is like natural selection. Damn it, it is selection with the survival of the fittest coin(s) as far as selection is concerned.
vivuta110

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:03:04 PM

When the market is down my plan is to hold it first then buy some more to have a profit when the market goes up again
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

when market is going down what strategy you adopt??? like some people will sell or may be buy , some will hold or may be convert btc in usd.
i would like to know from all of you about your planning/ strategy.
Every time the prices of cryptocurrencies on exchanges or markets there are lot of traders and investors are busy on thinking what decision are they going to used whether they will buy more or sell. I have only one decision when i see that the prices are breaking down again, I will buy more tokens and coins in the prices that below to it's normal price and I will hodl them until the markets will be stabilized again.
JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:41:00 PM

If you have the capability to buy then go ahead. If the market price is going down, now is the good time to held as much asset as you can. Holding you asset until they have grown in value makes you profit and therefore it is unwise to sell while the price is low because it will cost you to lose your asset's value.

That's true. You have to make sure if the market goes down because if that happened then eventually it is the best time to buy if you have an aloted budget for investment. That woukd be a great time for you than selling it also.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:31:09 PM

I have told this countless times. It is a bad move to dump your coins when the market is in a vulnerable state. It is not a smart decision and it will just show how restless you are. Always be patient and wait for the values to rise because they will for sure after a period of time. So HODL all the way and never give up.

You sure about that? Was it not smart to sell when it dumped from 20k to 15k? Holding forever is the best way to lose 90% of your money, looking at the price tank everyday can't be healthy mentally, unless you can afford it. I would not hold cryptos for more than a few weeks, months at most.
tee-rex

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:02:40 PM

I have told this countless times. It is a bad move to dump your coins when the market is in a vulnerable state. It is not a smart decision and it will just show how restless you are. Always be patient and wait for the values to rise because they will for sure after a period of time. So HODL all the way and never give up.

You sure about that? Was it not smart to sell when it dumped from 20k to 15k? Holding forever is the best way to lose 90% of your money, looking at the price tank everyday can't be healthy mentally, unless you can afford it. I would not hold cryptos for more than a few weeks, months at most.

You both are right in fact. Indeed, when the price is high and you haven't yet lost too much or stay in the green territory yet, it makes perfect sense to close your position as fast as possible (when the prices start to crash), even if it means losing something. But if you already lost like 90% of your investment, closing your position under these circumstances doesn't make sense unless you urgently need money. Losing the rest would not be a big deal anyway already, but if you choose to sell, there is no way back, no matter how you look at it.
lancealtar

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:04:44 PM

I bought a little Ethereum in the falling market. I do not invest in alternative crypto-currencies as it is very difficult to predict their rate for the near future.
chelle5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:16:27 PM

To collect more altcoin by joining in any bounty program, and trying to hold for long period, or maybe buy some alt that have potential and hoping one of this days that have more profit.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Set02222

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:24:41 PM

If you believe in the growth of the price of the crypto currency, then the only correct strategy in the falling market is to increase your crypto portfolio.
My plan is to wait. I will buy more ethereum if I have capital. Hope the market will return soon.
LyaBog

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:36:32 PM

if you decide to sell, then only with a profit, otherwise you just need to keep it.  Together with this you can buy while the market below.  and of course it's necessary to increase the number of coins on the waves of the market.
Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:38:11 PM

when market is going down what strategy you adopt??? like some people will sell or may be buy , some will hold or may be convert btc in usd.
i would like to know from all of you about your planning/ strategy.
Mostly-holding, this is my main strategy. Hold till the market goes back in normal again. During that I can sell some amount of coins just to get fast money. Thats it.
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:48:12 PM

Never sell your coins if you are down big time. Try to stay calm and staying away from all this for a couple of days is even better. But if you are a day trader then market in red is a great opportunity to make a couple of bucks off of some altcoins.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:59:27 PM

You both are right in fact. Indeed, when the price is high and you haven't yet lost too much or stay in the green territory yet, it makes perfect sense to close your position as fast as possible (when the prices start to crash), even if it means losing something. But if you already lost like 90% of your investment, closing your position under these circumstances doesn't make sense unless you urgently need money. Losing the rest would not be a big deal anyway already, but if you choose to sell, there is no way back, no matter how you look at it.

Well, you should never allow your investment to lose 90% of its value. People always say, don't sell, it will eventually comeback but the crypto does not "know" what you paid, nor does it care. If the market enters a big downtrend like this one, it would be a good idea to sell even at 90% loss. You shouldn't judge the moment to sell or buy by the amount of money lost or won, you should judge it by how the market is acting.

Trends tend to persist, last time it was a few years, imagine a few years of downtrend right now, it could go to 1k, who knows.
Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:56:29 PM

This may be my strategy, if I buy at a high price I will hold it until the price rises above the buy price. If I have some money, I'll buyback because the price is currently dropping.
BigWinner87

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:46:27 PM

I'm not going to plan nothing!! downtrend market must come to an end!
it's more than 3 months now. It should atop anytime soon now. We can't live with this downtrend anymore!
So please whales!! stop it!
elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:13:00 AM

If I have investment and suddenly market fall, I usually HODL. Because nothing will be good with panic. Rather I try to know the reasons and what would be its impact in the market. But if I have no investment on that time, I do analysis and try to trace the one which would be profitable in coming days.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:06:45 AM

If I have investment and suddenly market fall, I usually HODL. Because nothing will be good with panic. Rather I try to know the reasons and what would be its impact in the market. But if I have no investment on that time, I do analysis and try to trace the one which would be profitable in coming days.

holding is the best way forward in my experience with crypto. It keep falling down and then it grows back up even more than before. I am very confident this will be the case again

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
tee-rex

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:50:12 AM

Well, you should never allow your investment to lose 90% of its value. People always say, don't sell, it will eventually comeback but the crypto does not "know" what you paid, nor does it care. If the market enters a big downtrend like this one, it would be a good idea to sell even at 90% loss. You shouldn't judge the moment to sell or buy by the amount of money lost or won, you should judge it by how the market is acting.

Trends tend to persist, last time it was a few years, imagine a few years of downtrend right now, it could go to 1k, who knows.

I see your point but I still disagree that you should necessarily sell when your investments have already lost most of their value. Of course, you should have sold a way earlier than now but this is another question. But if we are talking about major currencies like BTC, ETH, LTC, etc, it is unlikely that they are going to kick the bucket any time soon. So what's the point of selling them right now when it may in fact be worth considering to buy even more (just kidding)?

As an aside, even if you had bought bitcoins at 20k, you would have lost only like 70% of your invested capital by now. Losing 90% would mean prices around 2k. Do you still think it would make sense selling bitcoins at prices this low?
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:52:17 AM

We still need to wait and buy more, because the market will still return to growth, it's certainly a matter of time, but I would not sell!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: