Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can an Altcoin below ICO price rise again after falling?  (Read 2555 times)
yavorskiy616

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:21:16 PM

Altcoin costs cheaper than the ICO price for two reasons
1. Red falling market
2. Draining of the Baunist Tokens
If altcoin is not scam, then it will exactly double the price of ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BantiHanter

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 07:24:41 PM

in my opinion, the price can rise up but depends on many things.
hodl or not is up to you, if you are believe about the project, just hodl it.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:27:12 PM

Hello, please I want to know if an altcoin which has fallen below the ICO price can rise again and yield profit.
I have up to 3 coins which has fallen below the ICO price and kinda nervous. Should I SELL or HODL?

Of course it can. I remember NEO was like ten times under ICO price for a long time, over a year and then it took off. Look how big it is now.
There is no reason why some token wouldnt rise after it fell a lot
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:28:02 PM

Hello, please I want to know if an altcoin which has fallen below the ICO price can rise again and yield profit.
I have up to 3 coins which has fallen below the ICO price and kinda nervous. Should I SELL or HODL?

If we are talking about possibility, there is chances for that. The same goes for chances that it will not rise anymore.

For chances to increase, continous project development is a must while at the same time marketing the token itself. Investors must see why they should trade this tokens. Projects developers also must keep in touch always with the community giving updates so that investors won't feel left.

Now analyze the project carefully and be updated on what's going on there so that it will help you decide if you sell or hold. We can't decide what will you do because we don't know that project you are pointing.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Bigbay (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:18:05 AM

Thanks all for the explanations, different examples and the breakdown you gave me. I will definitely go back and checkout the project and analyse them if functioning and in use.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:21:25 AM

first things first: when you buy an ICO you should make sure to dump it as soon as you can because everyone else will even if you don't like it! and when they do the price will drop hard. so it is always best to act fast.

now is it possible to recover and go above ICO price? of course it just takes a pump and that is the name of this market: pump and dump market. but it may take months even more than a year for the pump to come. and in some cases it never comes because the team scammed and ran away..

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:41:01 AM

Probably many of us saw that lots of times. But sometimes it never comes back. It's all about the project...
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:43:14 AM

Yes. Most of the ICOs go down the first week when they go to exchanges because of bounty hunters dumping their coins. But if the project is doing really good and the team is doing well, the price of token will rise.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

It's natural for the ICOs, almost always price doesn't meet the expectations or drop instantly. Check how many transactions there are per day and how many holders. If people keep selling all the time - don't hold and sell, because it's very unlikely that the price will ever recover. If the price is volatile and some people sell, some people buy that coin - hold, maybe it will increase.
Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:54:39 AM

I think that this is possible, but it depends on how much cheaper this altcoin will be released on the exchange after the ICO, since if it is 10-15 times cheaper, it is unlikely.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:29:09 PM

randomly yes, because most of the reasons why altcoin price fells below the ICO price is the rush selling of all bounty hunters that has receive bounty rewards, they are all selling all of their coins/tokens and competing each other just to sold their coins/tokens even it is under/below ICO price. after all those coins/tokens are sold the true value of that ICO coins/tokens shows. so you better to hold yours and wait until the dump of all hunters done.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1039
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:35:37 PM

It does.
After ICO, the investors starts expecting profit while bounty participants and early bonus investors can't keep up there patience and sell for whatever profit they have and the coin goes into a lower stable price.
After some workout, the project starts it's product or service than again the price gets a boost and the long holders are rewarded for their patience.

Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:37:26 PM

If we are talking about possibility, there is chances for that. The same goes for chances that it will not rise anymore.

For chances to increase, continous project development is a must while at the same time marketing the token itself. Investors must see why they should trade this tokens. Projects developers also must keep in touch always with the community giving updates so that investors won't feel left.

Now analyze the project carefully and be updated on what's going on there so that it will help you decide if you sell or hold. We can't decide what will you do because we don't know that project you are pointing.
Well put. I agree with your opinion. Market conditions and project development are 2 crucial factors which help in deciding whether a coin or token is worth investing into for the long term or not. The current bear market is the primary reason why many altcoins are falling rapidly in value and I doubt they will recover anytime soon since I am expecting this bear market to persist until August.

Op needs to focus on researching the coin based on various factors like development team, social media interactions by the development team, roadmap developments etc and conclude whether the coin is worth investing into or not.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:38:00 PM

There are gamblers in the market they will buy cheap then sold it on bull season or green market. But there's a consequence it you make a lot of money or you will lose big.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 12:40:37 PM

Yes it can. I have been on a lot of ICOs which have been below ICO price. Though some stayed below ICO price, some have gone higher than the ICO price. It depends on you if you really believe it will moon someday or if it is a worth it investment for you.

Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

In most cases price drop after ICO, especially if there is an airdrop. People with small amount of tokens/coins sell immediately and that's why the price goes down. In the project is good, price will go up. In some cases it will take months, because team need time to prepare final product. When they have finalized product, price will go up.
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:44:31 PM

Yes it is possible if the coin is in demend in the market. But, if the coin is not worthy, it will be dump and it will be lost and no value. based on my experience, most token that I have, the value increases but slowly.
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:44:54 PM

ICOS that has lower value compared to the ICO price depends on the growth of it's adoptors  and the project itself.Those projects were sorrounded by developers that works hard to make the project successful.As long as these projects are not scam or the people behind it don't have bad intentions on the crowdfunding raised then most probably it's price will grow as soon as it stabilizes in the market and in an legit exchanger.

sophiawhite

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:45:36 PM

Yeah they often rise again, the problem is that a lot of the popular ICOs heavily market during their ICO and are too slow to list on exchanges. I'd keep holding them though.
Atila0712

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:46:03 PM

For sure, dropping below ICO price is nothing to panic..
When bounty participants insta sell after exchange listing, mostly price goes below ICO price..
When this period is over, price will find it`s way..
Improper developer dump is another case..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: