Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We would like to make a donation of 100,000 CHAs to one of the supported charities. Please vote for your favorite:
Project Marilyn
Virtual Doctor
War Child
Crypto for kids

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [New wallet][CHA] CharityCoin - Supporting charities one coin at a time  (Read 60920 times)
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

first charitable coin, lol. Franko already pays people for cancer research!

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
cancercoin4cure (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:29:05 PM

Some members use the source code to compile their own wallets.
Anyone interested in providing a Windows wallet in exchange for CancerCoins ?(need a few days before releasing any payment though)

We apologize for the delay on the launch. We should be up and running soon.

CharityCoin helping to fund-raising for charities - http://www.charitycoinfoundation.org/ - ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448269.0
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:29:38 PM

The wallet is make or break. This coin is slated to go live in 30 minutes. I'm definitely interested, and not trying to be rude. But no wallet ready and rearing to go before it launches breaks the coin for me, the first blocks will get instamined by a small few if thats the case, and I won't be a part of that.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
Freeman87

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:32:33 PM

Dont get me wrong but if youre serious on this youd probably delay the launch! I like the idea of this coine very much. Eventhough we got similar ideas in prior altcoins allready i think that a coin which is heavily based on charity can be changing. But why would you release it today, with a missing wallet, and other important things that are "standard", even on most clones on here. Ok today is world cancer day and this would match everything, but risking the success of a good idea for such a formality is bad. Put more effort into descriptions and explanations before launch would be good too. I would be the first one to support a charity coin, however after reading your OP im not quiet sure if its a 100% serious. Make us, the miners comfortable supporting this, mentioning how much could be archieved with such a coin, probably a more depth explanation on medicine layer. Dont get me wrong again, im not going to say you dont mean this serious or even call you a scam or anything! Im just saying a coin that follows a very good purpose has high potential in my eyes. Even for the whole crypto currency. Im sure this would go to press and general media pretty fast if the community and the devs are serious about this.

In any case this is a good idea, and dont listen to all the scam calls!
cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

first charitable coin, lol. Franko already pays people for cancer research!

I am sorry, we didn't know that.
We will make changes to the Announcement as we have no intention of discrediting Franko's work

CharityCoin helping to fund-raising for charities - http://www.charitycoinfoundation.org/ - ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448269.0
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

Dont get me wrong but if youre serious on this youd probably delay the launch! I like the idea of this coine very much. Eventhough we got similar ideas in prior altcoins allready i think that a coin which is heavily based on charity can be changing. But why would you release it today, with a missing wallet, and other important things that are "standard", even on most clones on here. Ok today is world cancer day and this would match everything, but risking the success of a good idea for such a formality is bad. Put more effort into descriptions and explanations before launch would be good too. I would be the first one to support a charity coin, however after reading your OP im not quiet sure if its a 100% serious. Make us, the miners comfortable supporting this, mentioning how much could be archieved with such a coin, probably a more depth explanation on medicine layer. Dont get me wrong again, im not going to say you dont mean this serious or even call you a scam or anything! Im just saying a coin that follows a very good purpose has high potential in my eyes. Even for the whole crypto currency. Im sure this would go to press and general media pretty fast if the community and the devs are serious about this.

Exactly what I was saying in prior post. Please do not let this coin go live with no public wallet or a linux only wallet. You will lose the windows / mac miners Sad

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:41:04 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I agree with you and we were thinking about delaying the launch as well.
We don't want to spoil a great thing so we will set a new launch date in 2 days.
I am sorry to all it didn't work out today. It would have made a statement launching it on World Cancer Day but it was great enough to have a pre announcemnet and get other people involved.
We are regrouping so please keep suggestions coming and any help is appreciated.

cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:51:13 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 07:43:24 PM by cancercoin4cure

Official announcement!

Launch day has been changed to February 6 at 22:00 GMT. We will make sure all is in place before the launch. There will be changes to the name, designs, source code, wallets and block explorer will be ready.
The people has spoken and we appreciate all the support. Our apologies on jumping the gun but we thought the day was just too special for the launch.
Cheers

Gorbash

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:53:41 PM

Wise decision.
Implement Kimoto for Diff retarget, it makes sense for such coin (multipools won't be able to kill the coin).
presagta

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:55:42 PM

Thats cool

Anyone could get cancer, everyone would like to have a cure!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA HAVE A WALLET, ANYONE COULD POS A COMPILE WALLET, SO EVERYONE COULD DOWNLOAD?Huh??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:13:06 PM

I don't really have much to say about this coin other than good luck. Its a good cause.

But I do have something to say about cancer.

Cannabis oil cures cancer, among other diseases.

http://phoenixtears.ca/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSB2km7ELzY

moldypenguins

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:35:24 PM

Official announcement!

Launch day has been changed to February 6 at 17:00 GMT. We will make sure all is in place before the launch. There will be changes to the name, designs, source code, wallets and block explorer will be ready.
The people has spoken and we appreciate all the support. Our apologies on jumping the gun but we thought the day was just too special for the launch.
Cheers

Can you edit the date on the first post?
Quinlan

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:38:38 PM

Official announcement!

Launch day has been changed to February 6 at 17:00 GMT. We will make sure all is in place before the launch. There will be changes to the name, designs, source code, wallets and block explorer will be ready.
Cheers

Just wanted to note that the main thread states launch time is 06. Feb @ 22:00 GMT...You might wanna look into that and correct where needed. All the best luck.
cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:45:40 PM

Official announcement!

Cheers

Can you edit the date on the first post?
Official announcement!

Cheers

Just wanted to note that the main thread states launch time is 06. Feb @ 22:00 GMT...You might wanna look into that and correct where needed. All the best luck.

Thanks for the obeservation! It has been corrected.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:01:17 PM

I think this is a great coin (if it does what it claims to be) we need such initiatives in our community. Infact i would support it more if 50% went to cancer research, i think your 1% is low since this is a social coin rather than for-profit.

OP, i'm an expert on Cancer research developments and i have my own recommendations about the best research with the most potential to cure cancer permanently that require funding. Let me know if you'd like to discuss.

etparle

Activity: 238

I love NACHOS

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:25:54 PM

I think this is a great coin (if it does what it claims to be) we need such initiatives in our community. Infact i would support it more if 50% went to cancer research, i think your 1% is low since this is a social coin rather than for-profit.

OP, i'm an expert on Cancer research developments and i have my own recommendations about the best research with the most potential to cure cancer permanently that require funding. Let me know if you'd like to discuss.

It should be 99% went to research. The people who supported this CancerCoin pre-announcement are just greedy miners. Watch as the contradictions are unfolding itself.
sebar25

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:47:45 PM

Contact with people on http://folding.stanford.edu/ and make really usefull coin!
Len

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:51:45 PM

Why not CharityCoin? and donations could be given to newly chosen charities every so often.
cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

I agree. But I knew that even though we allocated 1%  towards further development and maintenance (which will come very slowly and in small amounts) we would encounter resistance and possibly be labeled a ScamCoin. That happened minutes after doing the announcement.
The reality is that it is difficult to trust people to hand any amount of money and I get that! However someone has to do so (the government handles our money for taxes and we have to trust they are doing the right thing with it).
So a 50% amount would not only get CCC dead but I believe it would be unsustainable. Bottom line is miners still have to make their profits pay for equipment depreciation, energy, etc. and such amount would be unattractive for  the most important part of the whole engine.
I still believe though that much more than the allocated charity will end up in those wallets. Part of our vision is to actually rally to have people who are not into crypto, to make CancerCureCoin donations directly to their wallets.
For that to happen $ to CCC exchanges will need to be setup. Maybe CoinMKT would be interested in future?
Like I mentioned before, there a lot of details to be worked out. It will be a long process but the Crypto currency community has a great asset which is people with a well developed brain. So we will eventually get there.
Any suggestions are welcome, so please let's discuss!

ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:26:08 PM

So no windows wallet at launch?

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: