Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:09:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin would actually be overthrown?  (Read 2115 times)
Choghonl (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:26:48 PM

There are a lot of rumor right now while the value of bitcoin is decreasing that is can be potentially be overthrown. i know for a fact the bitcoins technology is kind of outdated compared to the new ones coming out of the market, but the coins value is so high right now and is also wildly known because of this popularity bitcoin invites new investors in the platform.I think ETH would be the toughest contender in overthrowing the coin perhaps it also has grown popularity over the couple of years of its existence and is also continuing to grow.

Can bitcoin can be potentially overthrown by other coins? what are you thoughts? and what coins do you think can out run bitcoin?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:28:23 PM

I think that bitcoin really should eventually be replaced by better coins.  However, at this time, there is so much infrastructure in place for bitcoin which gives a strong advantage to bitcoin.  Also, bitcoin is largely a primary trading pair and the most frequently converted to fiat/cash. 

The more payment options to convert various cryptos to cash then the more bitcoin will hold less market cap.  And when you look at something like Ethereum which is being used more and more for ICO, smart contract, games, etc etc etc... yes, Ethereum is the strongest contender to take over BTC marketshare. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:55:10 PM

I dont think so. Bitcoin is the foundation  of this market so why you want to see it being thrown away from its own habitat? You think of your own coin that can compete against bitcoin but you are going far beyond thinking and you all want to kick bitcoin. The market will collapse of you are pushing bitcoin away from its ecosystem.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
saadat6868

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:57:11 PM

I suppose, that for now, bitcoin is already strong enough to stand alone and do not depend on somebodys decision to accept it, or not to accept, but we will see, I always remember, that I`m just a regular man.
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:00:49 PM

it can be. there are something in this world that can't be remain for a long time being a lack of development and some volatility there are some possibilities that bitcoin will be overthrown by other coins like ETH.

Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:05:00 PM

Bitcoin is the apex coin in the crypto world. In all respect, we can all see how bitcoin has been playing that role of a leader representing this world all over. Like the popularity, bitcoin has touched virtually every regions in the world. In value terms, despite the volatile nature of crypto, bitcoin still continues to hold for itself huge value and potentials.

However, nothing is impossible, bitcoin can be overthrown, but not anytime soon.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:06:19 PM

Bitcoin can still be toppled by other coins. There are now a lot of valuable coins that expand the investment for everyone. If bitcoin goes down the price, it loses it's investors. They will move on to other coins.
emanjun

Activity: 252

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:08:39 PM

There are a lot of rumor right now while the value of bitcoin is decreasing that is can be potentially be overthrown. i know for a fact the bitcoins technology is kind of outdated compared to the new ones coming out of the market, but the coins value is so high right now and is also wildly known because of this popularity bitcoin invites new investors in the platform.I think ETH would be the toughest contender in overthrowing the coin perhaps it also has grown popularity over the couple of years of its existence and is also continuing to grow.

Can bitcoin can be potentially overthrown by other coins? what are you thoughts? and what coins do you think can out run bitcoin?
No coin can overthrown bitcoin. Trust me. No one can ever replace bitcoin because bitcoin is the origin of the currency and its hard for other coin to dethrone bitcoin.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:09:16 PM

I do not think bitcoin can be overthrown by any other coin because it is more potential, stable and has a very large community than other coin in crypto. Though the technology for ethereum is more advanced than bitcoin, it cannot overthrown it. Bitcoin will remain the best and most dominated crypto and will continue get more stability and more people will invest in it.
Hifemih

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:11:10 PM

Maybe bitcoin can be overthrown, in the nearest future
Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

Bitcoin now has many disadvantages, but its practicality is also very high. Although ETH users are large, these users are only limited to the encryption market. In the future, some kind of tokens want to surpass Bitcoin. It must be able to play a role in life!

Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:11:56 PM

Nothing to worry about. There is no coin that can overthrow bitcoin. They would have to invent much better consensus mechanism than Proof of Work first. And then they would have to prove that it works in practice for 9 years or so. Then we can talk about this again.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:15:02 PM

I suppose, that for now, bitcoin is already strong enough to stand alone and do not depend on somebodys decision to accept it, or not to accept, but we will see, I always remember, that I`m just a regular man.
We all want to win in this market so we will do our best to make profit through this technology its true that we are just a human so its normal to incur loses. The value of bitcoin is decreasing but it doesn’t mean it will replaced by any coin, altcoins still depend on the movement of bitcoin So I think this is just an ordinary correction and bitcoin will grow more.
UnknownUsername

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:17:29 PM

Yes, My opinion would be the ethereum platform starts-up are using its platform to start their project while they are coding their own coin. Also Russia is starting to research on ethereum
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:26:00 PM

I dont think so. Bitcoin is the foundation  of this market so why you want to see it being thrown away from its own habitat? You think of your own coin that can compete against bitcoin but you are going far beyond thinking and you all want to kick bitcoin. The market will collapse of you are pushing bitcoin away from its ecosystem.

Rightfully mate,bitcoin cannot be replaced by the coins circulating in the market,yes ethereum is a good coin with a good platform but this is not enough tl break what bitclin stablished over the years of existence,if this thing would possibly happen this is not the right time,in future or maybe five to ten years from now,well no one really know
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:44:28 PM

Rightfully mate,bitcoin cannot be replaced by the coins circulating in the market,yes ethereum is a good coin with a good platform but this is not enough tl break what bitclin stablished over the years of existence,if this thing would possibly happen this is not the right time,in future or maybe five to ten years from now,well no one really know
Bitcoin is the center stage of the crypto ecosystem and it's hard to beat this out by just asking that there's a potential altcoin that can replace it.

Everyone must be optimistic about bitcoin, you have never read about it being the starter of this market. It's impossible that it will be overthrown by any altcoin that you bet out there.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nawosecad68

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:52:50 PM

Bitcoin prices are indeed declining, but other altcoins are also similarly decreased sharply enough. In crypto, everything becomes possible, bitcoin could have been replaced by a better coin, but it will not happen any time soon. Currently ethereum is a candidate for that matter, because ethereum has the potential to grow into a growing community. However, it takes a long time for ethereum to be close to or parallel to bitcoin.
ifanxu

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:20:24 AM

Yes, I believe Bitcoin will certainly be replaced in the future because bitcoin technology is out of date. I think ETH is very likely to replace bitcoin in the future.
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:28:00 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2018, 04:40:13 AM by Nikola95

For now, not. Some people say probably in future, but I would rather say maybe not probably. BTC have highest market cap, and it's rising and falls affect most of altcoins, for most of time. And in exchanges alts are measured by BTC beside tether. And there are ATM's, where you trade fiat/crypto, which is mostly done in BTC.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:51:40 AM

Nothing stays number 1 forever. New and improved technology would always replace the old ones. The same would happen with bitcoin. But we can't give a exact date for that as still bitcoin is a dominant cryptocurrency. But it's dominance is decreasing with time.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███