Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:08:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are telegram members of a project real? How can one tell?  (Read 331 times)
Vineeta2oct

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:29:31 PM

Fairly easy to tell if you spend some time in there. If you see telegram channels with 10k+ members, that's already huge. Usually real and active telegram channels have between 100 and 1000 active users. Most of those users that aren't active join because it's part of the bounty or requirements for the airdrop. That doesn't mean they aren't real, they just wont really say anything or pay much attention to the channel.

There are some groups which got filled (100k members) and then they made another group. Like EOPT is one such group. They made 4 groups with almost 360k members. How did they get so many members? Or how did someone create so many bots?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Catorabu

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:49:16 PM

Telegram registration requires SMS or phone authentication!
This requires a sim card, which requires real-name authentication in my country!
The possibility of robots in Telegram is very low!

Not really.
OP, only admin can check the list of users.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:22:57 AM

You can have an easy gut feel with it when you are in a telegram group you can observe how many of those members are really real people just by the way they talk and the best thing is how accurate is there reply to you and other members. Some users only give worthless messages such as "when lambo?” this is where you know that these members are not there to really talk about the ICO. Just have a feel with the community and you will know of that group is worthy of your time.
lookatmesong

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:31:30 AM

Silent types who only ever drop referral links are bots. Or might as well be.
Dubska

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:37:00 PM

Telegram registration requires SMS or phone authentication!
This requires a sim card, which requires real-name authentication in my country!
The possibility of robots in Telegram is very low!
In some countries multiple sim card is still allowed and it not required to register your sim card number under your name. So they could register in telegram using multiple  sim card numbers.
Chaki_

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Bot accounts reply you with a certain fixed lines and everytime you ask them the same question they automatically answer with the same line.
But people will be irrite if you keep asking the same question all over again, when you create a telegram account a number is needed so it need people for it, but some members on the telegram group only join to the group because it was requirement for airdrops/ campaign/ Investment.
greplingforever

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 01:48:44 AM

yeah ofcourse they are real Cheesy hello guys  Kiss
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:03:36 AM

I must tell you that half of them are bots, spam or clone accounts. I had my own experience of asking question in a >50k mem ico telegram group, what i got, no answer  Cry
These silent crowded telegram groups are results of airdrop campaign.
vietnamga004

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:27:03 AM

THere are no audit services for Telegram. But still youll need to have a sim-card for every bot, which isnt that simple
but now we have some service like virtual phone number like: textnow, textplus. Cheater use these app to create hundred even thousand phone mumber. So in some project, most of members are fake. We need audit tool like twitteraudit to resolve this problem
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:37:37 AM

I must tell you that half of them are bots, spam or clone accounts. I had my own experience of asking question in a >50k mem ico telegram group, what i got, no answer  Cry
These silent crowded telegram groups are results of airdrop campaign.
Well, things can be done inside this channel and they can easily promote the project with the help of mass ads sp even inside telegram those bounty
hunters will do their best in order to collect/gain more rewards, better not to rely with it much better to ask directly with the devs or inside the post
thread so chances to got some real answer will happen.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Crim3

Activity: 294
Merit: 21

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:01:54 AM

Do not expect that there will be at least half the people alive! I asked a simple question to the group where it was 8000 users in response I got nothing for many hours in a row! Only advertising and stupid disputes.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
iRespo

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:41:13 AM

As we're doing ICO now a lot of scammers write to us on Telegram offering their services - they impersonate popular influencers. So just be careful.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:02:31 PM

You can check all telegram group participants and if you find big amount of deleted accounts(it's bots), you can to assess the quality of the channel itself and its participants
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:29:38 PM

How do one know if the members of a project's telegram group are real people and not Bots. Also are there telegram audit services that can tell how many fake members are in a group.

This is a funny question cause I also thought people in telegram groups are bots. But seriously speaking, you would know if they are real if they answer you not generically, but digging deep into your question.

jay sd

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:55:47 AM

I have seen some telegram groups with more than 15K members. But the activities are very very less. We can see massages once in a while. I think those groups have been filled with fake members.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: