Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Backup is important  (Read 2395 times)
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:04:12 AM

I was thinking about it also. Its really hard if you lost your phone with important details regarding your investments. I am not that techie if ever i lost my phone this might be a disaster for me. Maybe i will use the phone of my wife as my back up if somethings happen. And also back in email would be nice too. Using some hardware wallets is also a good option especially if you have big amount coins. Hackers will do anything just to have easy money.
This is a problem that is getting worse by the day now people are using more their cell phones than their desktop computers, and as we know cell phones are prone to all kind of accidents, like dropping it out of your pocket or in a pool, losing it or being stolen and most people do not have backups of their data and this is critical so from time to time try to create a copy of all the info on your cell phone and store it in an USB.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kakawate

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:20:02 AM

In my opinion, having a back up, no matter what the circumstances may be, is always a good thing. In the cryptoworld, having a back up of your important files can really be a life saver, what ever happens may it be good or bad, you got your self a back up, ready to secure whatever is important to you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 03:51:10 AM

Good day, just want to share my experience,
I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

You should print the recovery code for 2FA and other information so that even if the soft copy is gone, you still have a back up hard copy and you can have three copies of everything so that in case others will be destroyed or gone, you still have back up. I heard someone about having three copies of everything so that you are assured you have back ups. It is hard operating in a digital world when you don't have multiple copies of files. Make sure that you are the only one who only know your private keys though or someone you truly trust as we don't know what will happen in the future.

Btcepoy11

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:53:43 AM

In my opinion, having a back up, no matter what the circumstances may be, is always a good thing. In the cryptoworld, having a back up of your important files can really be a life saver, what ever happens may it be good or bad, you got your self a back up, ready to secure whatever is important to you.
It is good to have a back up, because we connot ensure the possibility what happened to our phone  or gadgets that have our important files, like our bitcoin password or a private key and etc.
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:06:27 AM

I was thinking about it also. Its really hard if you lost your phone with important details regarding your investments. I am not that techie if ever i lost my phone this might be a disaster for me. Maybe i will use the phone of my wife as my back up if somethings happen. And also back in email would be nice too. Using some hardware wallets is also a good option especially if you have big amount coins. Hackers will do anything just to have easy money.
This is a problem that is getting worse by the day now people are using more their cell phones than their desktop computers, and as we know cell phones are prone to all kind of accidents, like dropping it out of your pocket or in a pool, losing it or being stolen and most people do not have backups of their data and this is critical so from time to time try to create a copy of all the info on your cell phone and store it in an USB.
Storing wallet and other pertinent files in a safe place, creating a backup of wallet can protect against computer failures and human errors. It can also allow you to recover your wallet if mobile or computer is stolen if you keep your wallet encrypted. It can fail, data can be corrupted, can be lost, stolen, or destroyed. Data backup software can help you protect and restore your data when something goes wrong.
eyesninja21

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:48:53 AM

I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

If you want and extra phone yes you cant because the more backups is safer whenever you lost your phone. You should always back up your files. It’s one of the most important things a person needs to do with their electronics. You never know when things will go wrong and you don’t want to lose any of your stuff when such events occur.

I recommend to you Altaro VM backup will work very well for exchange backups and exchange item level recovery here. The unlimited edition offers this functionality where you'll be able to restore even a single email item.

vegethegreat

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:19:44 AM

Yes backup is very important but instead of keeping it or store it in your gadgets why not keep it offline like writing it on your diary. As keeping your pins or important details virtually has a high risk to be stolen. 
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:49:59 AM

Of course we need to do something. You can use 2fa directly on 2 phones if you scan the code at the same time with two gadgets. Well, or safely store the code to restore 2fa.

anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:04:07 AM

If you have forgotten the information you just traded and do not have the backup feature, it is difficult for you to lose the data you need to know about important backups.
In trading, your decisions are only elements and factors that has supreme effect on your profile. If your decision are in equilibrium with the market trends then definitely you are going to make best results out of it. But in opposite case, you might lose majority of the sensation and results can be against you. So better is to learn the decision making and for that your data is important so make backup.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:08:09 AM

Extra phone for your back up will do, just make sure that you will really take good care of that back up if ever something happens there would be no problem. Or maybe save your information in the flash drive or with your computer if you have, it can also help.
Thaliaismyname

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:42:07 AM

Agreed, I have an extra phone for gmail authenticator backup, also make sure to secure a pin code, you can use a paper or something and store in properly.

Yeah I agree with you ,,aside from that the best backup at all is you can wrote at your personal notebook like diary to make sure you will not loses because ink is sharping than mind on other hand  if your back up is in your pc  having a comprehensive backup scheme in place doesn't only protect you against the trauma of accidentally deleting your files. It also gives you a safety net if a virus hits your PC, hackers hold your information hostage, or your kids tip a glass of water over your MacBook. After an error like this, backups might be your only option for retrieving your files, so you shouldn't delay putting a system in place.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:57:30 AM

as much as possible should have many backups, from other phones, from pc / laptop, and also would be better if there are offline backups that you note on the paper. because the anticipation of loss of mobile phone or damage is very important to have a backup.

Back up system is really important... Yes, it always safe if we follow the simple writing or printing all personal data and keep it in a safe place. We can not just keep all the data using phone, pc, laptop,etc.etc. all this devices are subject to either lost or damaged at any given time. But if we lock our data in one place secured and free from anything i am sure this is safe for long period of time.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:15:23 AM

security is most important for here. because there have many sort of hacker with around the world. So you have to save your wallet with best and best security you can. and are you using android so you can authenticat or app.  it would be best security and you have more choose but my best was that authentucat app.
Even if you do not lose your phone, your 2fa accounts can be hacked and this sometimes created a huge chaos. I remember the time when the inventor of BTM posted about his 2fa accounts being hacked and he mentioned it is going to be a good day.

This means there is also a lot of things you can do to stop people getting your personal information. In my opinion, you should be good at protecting your own information by staying active in the market as well. There are some softwares that provide extra security. Search them out.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:17:19 AM

yes you are right in my backup is very important because with the backup assets you have can be more secure and when opening the account more secure and very safe because there are security such as 2fa from email or google authentic.
TranTrongit

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 08:44:32 AM

Backup 2fa is extremely important.  You can buy a  new phone for backup. and  I recommend you.  Please save a copy to usb a writing on your paper or diary.
doublecoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:28:31 AM

We should be aware of all the security measures and backup from our side also especially 2FA is very important in terms of security and hacking protection
Ems30

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:53:36 AM

Back up is very important  thing to make sure that your personal document like 2af are very secure when it loses to your phone or pc,,maybe the back up also is noted your 2af from your personal handybook because it was believe to ink is better than your mind if sometimes has incidentally lose your memory due to other incidents on that way if ever.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

Not only that but also wallet backup too, because i also have the same experience when my pc crashed and must format it and i never had a backup of those wallet. I lose around 0.2 BTC because of it, and some altcoins too. Lesson learned though, backup your wallet before something bad happen.

Pretty big lose, 0.2 BTC just because of neglecting a common thing for wallet backup. I used to use SMS 2fa for blockchain wallet, but not anymore since I've moved to electrum, a better wallet with various advantages and features, just write down all the passphrase to a book and no need to worry if you lose the phone.
ever lost all my phone data once after accidentally reset through email, what makes me worry is google authenticator to access some exchanges accounts.
However, there is an option to reset 2Fa by click on "Lost Your Google Authenticator?" and manually submit Google's 16 digit-key, just follow all the instructions to regain access to your account, but maybe some sites such as binance1 require you to provide id, passport or driver's license and then take a selfie holding your identity card.
Many two-factor services will give you a set of codes that can only be used to access your account once. After each code is used, it's gone. Most of the time you can access these in the same place where you change your two-factor authentication settings to begin with.
You should definitely print them or or write them down and keep them in a place where you can find them. Ideally, they would be separate from your phone, perhaps in a fireproof box or safe with other important paper documents.
[1] https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003585911-How-to-Reset-Google-2FA
[2] https://lifehacker.com/what-do-i-do-if-i-use-two-factor-authentication-and-los-1668727532
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:36:18 AM

You can back up your accounts by saving in your laptop, print them si you have hard copy and save on a usb so you have soft copy with it. Use excel or microsoft word to save your important documents. You need not buy another phone just save them and print them and keep them in a secure place thats what i did.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Persiville

Activity: 144

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:58:04 AM

It is always a good idea to have supporting documents in case you are in trouble just like what you have said. In some sites they don't require too much verification and security so you could also say that you don't need to hassle more when it comes to saving important codes to your phone, but that doesn't mean you are no longer securing your accounts, but just be careful incase you lose your phone or other gadgets holding your important files.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: