Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:16:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Backup is important  (Read 2395 times)
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:08:25 AM

Not only have a backup phone that is offline purely for those services you listed, but you should have a printed copy of your secret keys somewhere as well. That way if you miracously lose two phones or devices, you will have a hard copy waiting for you at the bank vault.

gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:32:49 AM

i think one of the best way to protect your 2fas and important data is to store it in your personal computer, have a snap on it to save it as a photo then store it in safe place, or send it to your email, losing your pins happens, or loosing your phone that has everything in it is so frustrating, your idea of having another back up phone is good too. there is an app called google authenticator that can help you with 2fa.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:36:21 AM

Good day, just want to share my experience,
I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

Date can be even backed up on a hard disk, pen drive, on a cd drive and etc. Its a techy era. We have lot more ways to save our data secured. This is indeed a useful topic for everyone. If you have systems, lap-tops , tablets, save in those devices as well. Though still everything is risky, we can find out ways to save our private datas.

Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:45:20 AM

Agreed, I have an extra phone for gmail authenticator backup, also make sure to secure a pin code, you can use a paper or something and store in properly.

Right using a pincode can save it all.though theres alot of computer experts now that can easily open your pin cone by using technology,what we do is use laptop aside from cellphone or much better to use personal computer so this may assure your safeties because you wont be able to lost the computer in your house
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:46:27 AM

I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

To be honest in our country its normal that people have backup phones sometimes people owns three mobile phones. You do not need to buy an expensive phone just buy a durable cheap smart phone for back up. Then every time you upgrade your phone then you can keep your old phone as a backup.

neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:49:51 AM

Yes back-up is what we really need in case we lost our phone.So that even if it is lost you can retrieve all your files in another phone.We cannot predict what will happened to our phone even if you take care of it too much.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:35:17 AM

Oh my, this is my fear actually. All my private keys, passwords, important websites, etc. are on my phone only. Others are correct. It made me realized that I need hard copies of all my private keys. Or just like you said, an extra phone is necessarry to access files, wallets and websites.
EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:01:49 AM

We really do need back up of our passwords, emails, wallet addresses or else we are going to lose our everything. It does not mean that we already save our info we are safe. We need a back up ALWAYS ! You're so lucky you got your phone back because my friend loss his laptop where everything is placed. He did not recover his accounts anymore.
I don't think another phone is really the answer. Put back up on your flashdrive, laptop , cellphone, upload to you secure email, and take good care of your phone.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:48:22 AM

Backup is very important especially in unexpected circumstances. In my experience I always keep backup into my 2fa, pin code and private keys in my hardrive storage and electronic storage. Also, it is mandatory to do once you have an important account like digital wallet and trading account.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:18:16 AM

Yes its true backup is necessary for the security of our important accounts ,there are a lot of ways in securing  our files is up to you what do you have or where you are comfortable with as long you store it in a safest place, it is mandatory because just in case the one that youve experienced still we never loss, much better if we are always be prepared.
flavio.rib

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 07:20:34 AM

Is something that I was think from the begin, if I lose my phone. backup is always important. not only regarding 2fa but all of the stuff.
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:29:22 AM

the backup of a document is very important, especially if it is a valuable thing for us, if some people are backing up the document in the notes or facebook inbox or in our email, that's a little thing we can do for the security of our account, including I also reserve this is for my own security
dashi555

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:32:33 AM

Fortunately, I'm sorry to have recovered. Congratulations. I've always been worried about losing my cell phone. Then I watched 2fa. I tried authy, but it didn't recognize it. I was disappointed. I was also looking for a better way to ensure safety.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:25:41 AM

Backup is a must and should be the first things to do. I've learned it by myself. My smartphone got bootloop two weeks ago. I already backup my 2fa and pin before it happened but i forgot to backup my byteball wallet. Fortunately i managed to fix my smartphone after flashing it without erasing my prior data. Since then, i bought a cheap but decent smartphone just to keep my 2fa working. Even though i already backup all of my 2fa codes, i can still get troubled if i lost my smartphone since 2fa is only working on smartphone.
sandisunny

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:01:32 AM

what if you lost the two phones? Basically i think phones or systems are not always the best way to store your data. You can print it out on a hard copy and store in the bank or any other place you know it wont get stolen or crashed.
Am of the opinion that you can also store in your email address, encrypting with a number or alphabet only you can detect so that even when scammers or fraudsters get hold of they cant not decrypt it. Th email address helps you get access to it whenever and wherever yo need it.
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:09:18 AM

the backup of a document is very important, especially if it is a valuable thing for us, if some people are backing up the document in the notes or facebook inbox or in our email, that's a little thing we can do for the security of our account, including I also reserve this is for my own security

What if your Facebook account attack by hack or your email? What will may happen?
Well for me it's better to write it in paper and put it on the safe  place.

guizi6

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:18:50 AM

So your best bet is to put all the money in your wallet instead of the exchange, so you only need to protect your private key, then everything is safe and you can back it up indefinitely.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:25:03 AM

We need to double secure our account and wallet. If using 2fa  be sure to save the recovery words or phrase not jut on your phone but also on a paper then keep it secure. So,that even you lose you phone you can still recover your account using the recovery phrase. Hackers are wise ,so we need also to be wise in keeping our account information.

Chint_82

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:25:10 AM

if I reserve for the important documents I save in my email, because if I save in my email, I feel safe and easy to track if there is a loss, so far in my email safe and tetkendali, for his ofline I keep in the notebook me, that's some of the backup documents I used to use
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:55:06 AM

My suggestion is you should protect your phone you don't worried about the security because currently small transponder is available in many store you should missed your it will always active in your Gmail not outlook account so easily log in your computer you will find the phone. If you use two phones anytime you will missed your phone. So better keep it safe or follow my instructions you will never loose your phone.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: