Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MAJ] *Major Piece* *First coin to equal 1 Euro, no more, no less* 3/01/14  (Read 20369 times)
MajorPiece (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:39:05 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 01:59:32 AM by MajorPiece

The first alt-coin of its kind to retain the value of a major world currency * 1 Major Piece = 1 Euro * Release date: 3/01/14

Why?

Good question. The value of alt-coins on the market and even Bitcoins are highly volatile. The value could rise in a minute and drop twice as much the next second. We have all seen it happen and it causes holding money in coins highly risky. There are numerous reasons for wanting to hold money with a crypto-currency but the risk caused by the volatile prices holds back numerous people. With Major Pieces it allows people to place money on an online currency without having to worry about the value dropping half it's price over night. 1 Major Piece = 1 Euro. No more. No less. We hope this spreads the use and popularity of crypto-currencies.

Why Will This Work?

While we say that we are designing a stable currency, we are not designing a currency that is completely stable, that would most likely be impossible. What we are essentially doing is designing an online version of the Euro. This coin would rise and fall the way the Euro does, meaning that it would be stable in conjunction with the Euro. This gives the coin more stability than say a Bit Coin, because the Major Piece has a tangible equivalent while the Bit Coin is based solely on the amount of faith people put into. The fact that it is based solely on faith, and not backed by either tangible assets or a legitimate government means that it is prone to severe fluctuations in value, which can be seen by its decrease in value when China said it would not accept it. While no currency paper or electronic is stable in accordance to other currencies this coin is much more stable in value to real world hard money, by having its value tied to a tangible currency and not merely to faith. Also having this currency may potentially drive up the value of the Euro and in turn drive up the value of the Major Piece.

The Name

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/MajorPiece/DefineMajor_zps529e211c.png

The definition of Major sums up our crypto-currency and our goals for Major Piece.

Why did we use Piece instead of Coin? Simple, because we are different. We aren't like every alt-coin clone out there.

Info

Type: Scrypt
Coins: 5400000000000 (Amount of Euro in circulation)

* rest to be announced at least one week before launch

IRC chat
http://webchat.zenet.org/?channels=#Major

Pools * Pre-Registration

http://major.zenet.org/
*More a few days before launch

Faucet

www.earncryptocoins.com *Coming soon

Bounties

Amounts to be announced

*New coin logo!
Block Chain
Exchanges
Pools
Gambling games
Merchants
Faucets
Videos
Graphics
etc.

If you are interested in helping support Major Piece by doing any of the above or something we have not listed, please feel free to contact me.

Pros

No fluctuations in price of coin, meaning no potential losses for holders

Businesses can accept this coin with no worry on losses due to price change.

More interest to people who have feared owning crypto-currency

No Pump and Dumps

Stable, non-variable crypto-currency to trade other coins with

Cons

No price fluctuation, meaning no large profit margins on trading this coin

Not independent from a central currency

Updates

We are working on getting this coin up on exchanges as soon as possible.

2/06/14 - Amount of Pieces changed to the number of Euro in circulation
42Dice

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:40:22 AM

Very interesting. I wonder if this will take off. Will be checking up on this!
vivalinux

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:49:00 AM

sound just like another scam coin
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:50:05 AM

LOL hehe LOL

simple as that 1 Billion coins. 1 Euro each... simples. Why didn't someone just do this before?? i know i always say this next coin is the bitcoin killer, and sadly it just never turns out that way.... however this coin really could be it. I mean stable currency is what we need around here and this major piece has a master mind behind it, a cunning plan and simple tactics.  I tell  you how much it is worth and you pay it.

Hopefully though in a few months we can just change our minds and make 1 major piece 1000 EURO,  no more no less. Simple. Then we will all have a bit more money and the shops will like that too so they will use it even more.

I'm in.

MajorPiece (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:51:00 AM

sound just like another scam coin

Scam coins are based on Pump and Dumps. That's not possible with Major Piece.
romawi

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:53:42 AM

Hahahaha, the same shit like marinecoin.  Cheesy  Cheesy

mahorelee

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:54:44 AM

Looking through all the alt-coin announces and this caught my eye. A stable coin sounds amazing.
corona

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:55:15 AM

hahahahaha
MajorPiece (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:56:58 AM

MAJ Added TO Latest Altcoin List

Thank you for adding us
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:57:51 AM

So who is holding the 1,000,000,000 Euros to back it?  Cheesy
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:58:10 AM

Looking through all the alt-coin announces and this caught my eye. A stable coin sounds amazing.

Yeah me too, i can't wait.

I did just think of a slight issue. What if i accidentally sold for less than 1 euro?  i mean i'm not one for disobedience and all that stuff... but what if i pressed the wrong button Sad  then others seeing mine sold first tried the same shit.... but they done it on purpose? how can we kick them off the major piece team?

What if they did not share our vision for major piece??? what if they just pretended to like it.... but then sneakily tried to sell it for that other BTC unstable junk?

MajorPiece (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:59:07 AM

Who is holding the gold to back up the USD? Who is holding the funds to back up Bitcoins?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:00:59 AM

Who is holding the gold to back up the USD? Who is holding the funds to back up Bitcoins?

that's true actually... who is holding the major piece to back up gold?

MajorPiece (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:01:50 AM

I did just think of a slight issue. What if i accidentally sold for less than 1 euro?  i mean i'm not one for disobedience and all that stuff... but what if i pressed the wrong button Sad  then others seeing mine sold first tried the same shit.... but they done it on purpose? how can we kick them off the major piece team?

What if they did not share our vision for major piece??? what if they just pretended to like it.... but then sneakily tried to sell it for that other BTC unstable junk?

What if you accidentally gave someone a dollar for 3 quarters instead of 4? The value of the dollar does not suddenly crash.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:04:29 AM

What if you accidentally gave someone a dollar for 3 quarters instead of 4? The value of the dollar does not suddenly crash.

Actually that is very true, i can see i had not clearly thought this through. Let's get going with this, i want to grab up big stash of major piece before others catch on.
Also can you make the blocks 1000, 000 reward each, block time 20 sec each max. I want to be a millionaire asap, these other fluctuating alts just are not providing me with the stable millions i need right now.

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:05:33 AM

Major Piece of Shit is what this crypto is.
mahorelee

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:08:48 AM

Major Piece of Shit is what this crypto is.

Ah very clever. But looking at your recent posts you seem to me to be just a Troll.
MajorPiece (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:11:33 AM

We have had a lot of interests in potential pools. Thanks to everyone for the early support.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:12:48 AM

€ 2,000,000 pre-mine  Roll Eyes
jetlee

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:14:34 AM

The coins worth what they worth because people believe in them, in the moment the people says "enough!" all coins will go down to 0.
But because we are all slaves of "Money" and we are also very naives is not gona happen to soon.
So yeah if they believe the coin worth 1 euro and they make us believe that to.
In the moment the first miner will put the coin on a exchange will keep the price close to 1 Euro UP .."regently eg UTC"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: