Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:29:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freshmarket.co.in compromised and closing  (Read 9714 times)
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:45:32 PM

I really don´t get it - how can anyone leave bigger amount of coins on exchange, which (honestly) look like middle school project? The game is rough, hacks and scams happens over and over again all the time and if You don´t want to loose Your coins, send them somewhere, where You can expect at least some security. If You don´t care about security, let it go. THIS IS NOT A BANK, NOR FOREX!

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vivabnet

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:51:50 PM

Huh Huh Huh  Why is my message didn't get a reply,  my email:pyqpyqpyq@qq.com thank you!
We have 229 messages to reply just now. We will process every one of them, but it requires time.
why all got Return, and I do not? passed 4hours! already full of nerves! Huh Sad
Withdrawals processed: 145, 223 to do.
We are working.
Why is the total amount not going up? Surely you are getting new emails all the time?
I don't understand first question. Yes, we are getting new emails all the time.
OK, thanks for the reply.
I've sent you an email, but to be honest I'm not totally sure of the amounts and coins you were holding for me, will you do a complete audit to track down forgotten deposits?
Yes, we are looking for amount in exchange.

Pls take care more my case, all my coins, just 14.8 LTCs. I sent the email and hope hic, (account: cutin), LTC and utc

--------------------

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:54:40 PM

"Some of them was encrypted"... What the hell are you talking about? ?

BS
Jootje

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:59:25 PM

Please send me back my coins as asked for in email i sent you hours ago. J.acu@hotmail.com.
Freeman87

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

I really don´t get it - how can anyone leave bigger amount of coins on exchange, which (honestly) look like middle school project? The game is rough, hacks and scams happens over and over again all the time and if You don´t want to loose Your coins, send them somewhere, where You can expect at least some security. If You don´t care about security, let it go. THIS IS NOT A BANK, NOR FOREX!

I second this, im rather new to the crypto and the first thing i learned is staying as safe as possible! How can i leave my 50+ ltc on a new, very basic exchange? And that over quiet a time i guess. While i see other exchanges being hacked, online wallets that claim they're safe getting compromised. Pools and single coin holder's being hacked. Scammers waiting to get their coins from the next person. Phishing sites being spread on various chats.

Its no where new information that new websites leak security. However to everyone claiming freshmarket devs being the scam, please stop those hasty scam calls. Not that you probably shoot yourself in the leg the next time but accusing somebody just because "it would be a good scenario" for the dev team is just fucked up. Wait until refunds get paid or Log, IP is made public. Then decide wether you got scammed by the devs or not. But those hasty calls help NOBODY.
def_ender (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:14:38 PM

I second this, im rather new to the crypto and the first thing i learned is staying as safe as possible! How can i leave my 50+ ltc on a new, very basic exchange? And that over quiet a time i guess. While i see other exchanges being hacked, online wallets that claim they're safe getting compromised. Pools and single coin holder's being hacked. Scammers waiting to get their coins from the next person. Phishing sites being spread on various chats.
Its no where new information that new websites leak security. However to everyone claiming freshmarket devs being the scam, please stop those hasty scam calls. Not that you probably shoot yourself in the leg the next time but accusing somebody just because "it would be a good scenario" for the dev team is just fucked up. Wait until refunds get paid or Log, IP is made public. Then decide wether you got scammed by the devs or not. But those hasty calls help NOBODY.
Thanks for good words. As you can see in our thread, people are getting their refunds just now. I think it will require at least 1 day to pay everyone.
At this moment, 175 refunds processed, 226 to go.
cooniac

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:18:29 PM

Even if we rework all our site, solve all possible security issues - people's trust is lost, as i think. This makes me so sad.
I personally DON'T think so, i don't trust anyone which was never hacked.

BUT i gain trust in a party which got hacked and handles that problem well.
For that you need an good and honest communication with your customers and a good security team which fixes the leak.

After then, i will have more trust in you than before because you KNOW now what it means to be hacked and what it needs to manage that threat!

I personally only had round about ~450 Potcoins at your Exchange and i am not sad about losing them, i were more sad if we all lose a exchange with an motivated admin!

So don't be demotivated by this, if you manage this good you will gain strenght from it!

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:21:43 PM

Thanks for good words. As you can see in our thread, people are getting their refunds just now. I think it will require at least 1 day to pay everyone.
At this moment, 175 refunds processed, 226 to go.
I also agree with upstairs, they are responsible for, can be solved if the shock of the disaster, I believe that their good faith can move me...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
def_ender (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:28:35 PM

Thanks for your reassurance.
Just now our #1 priority is to refund everything we can to everyone who had balance on our exchange. After it we will have a talk with dev team, and if they want to continue, we'll close for big recoding. But it's not clear now, so i can't give any promises.
UPD: 183 refunded, 220 to go. As soon as it hits ~200 or some more , i think, dev will go for a little break and sleep.
alessiocesarano

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:04:50 PM

hello my account is alessiocesarano@gmail.com and I had surely about 1 thousand Tittiecoin, 49 Foxcoin and 399 Reddcoin, but I don't remember if I had Litecoin too,
I've sent  an email too and I'm waiting an answer, I hope it's possible to recover them, thanks and sorry fo my English.
CoinAmmo

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:07:31 PM

Can someone PM me tell me what is going on?
I had 38 LTC sitting there

MintCoin - MNT - PoW/PoS Hybrid energy Saving! - GO MINT Coins!!!
MNT - MYugcMRrY7uySY9i3LX4kUz1aGJy7FwCuC
gerbill

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:10:26 PM

As a miner I agree that you should not keep your money at any exchange, gotta withdraw em as fast as possible
But if some1 is an exchange gambler who buys/sells coins all day his coins balances are his tools. He can't withdraw his whole balance, coz if he would there will be nothing to gamble with. I beleave these exchange gamblers are in fact main buyers of coins that we mine. If not for them mining would not be profitable coz coins don't cost shit without a gambling opportunity.
g0re79

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:19:46 PM

Even if we rework all our site, solve all possible security issues - people's trust is lost, as i think. This makes me so sad.
I personally DON'T think so, i don't trust anyone which was never hacked.

BUT i gain trust in a party which got hacked and handles that problem well.
For that you need an good and honest communication with your customers and a good security team which fixes the leak.

After then, i will have more trust in you than before because you KNOW now what it means to be hacked and what it needs to manage that threat!

I personally only had round about ~450 Potcoins at your Exchange and i am not sad about losing them, i were more sad if we all lose a exchange with an motivated admin!

So don't be demotivated by this, if you manage this good you will gain strenght from it!

Exactly - You can rise stronger or die from hack - there were only few of them who survive, HashCows for example - pure example how hack ressurection should look like, even that they are quite paranoid now (or lazy IMHO). Anyway, THIS IS NOT CHILDS PLAYGROUND - If You can´t afford to loose some coins, You should go somewhere else. I myself get burned several times, but most of the time it was just little amount of coins (with possible great income, which on the other hand came several times), wasted namely in scams like UNOCS, eCrypto, PhenixEx, OrbitCoin etc.. You have to get burn to realize what is wrong and whoom to trust, or when to leave sinking ship (TeslaCoin recently)

[/url]
g0re79

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:25:59 PM

As a miner I agree that you should not keep your money at any exchange, gotta withdraw em as fast as possible
But if some1 is an exchange gambler who buys/sells coins all day his coins balances are his tools. He can't withdraw his whole balance, coz if he would there will be nothing to gamble with. I beleave these exchange gamblers are in fact main buyers of coins that we mine. If not for them mining would not be profitable coz coins don't cost shit without a gambling opportunity.

And thats right what You´re talking about - gambling. If You leave hardly acquired coins on some badly secured place, You´re gambling hardly. There is always possibility to withdraw part of Your ballance to Yours private encrypted wallet in no time. You´ll never play with Your whole existence, don´t You?

[/url]
Brightmoe_cat

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:36:04 PM

Do you guys think well be getting our coins back

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:47:58 PM

Huh Huh Huh Hard waiting for my coin Huh Huh Huh
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:07:36 PM

I sent an email about 6 hours ago. (Majormax) No response yet (I am sure there is a lot  of work to do). Please PM me if you need further info..

I have seen a number of hacks over the last 2 years. It is the right way to handle them... refund what you can, and take time to think about what next. You will get support for your next project when you are ready.
gambit27

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

thank you for the replies and open communication. I have sent you a PM about my coins/account.

g0re79

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

thank you for the replies and open communication. I have sent you a PM about my coins/account.

The saddest thing about this all is that no one reads previous replyes.. :-/

[/url]
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:23:16 PM

Huh Huh Huh Hard waiting for my coin Huh Huh Huh

it's night already, let dev sleep some at least.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: