Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In light of the GitHub incident, would you like to stage a relaunch? [POLL CLOSED]
Yes, I lost coins due to the pool bug
I don't care, I just want more pools to be there at launch
Yes, I think the developer is a scammer, and this would prove otherwise
Yes (other)
No, it works fine now so leave it
No, I don't think it's relevant given the small number of coins mined
No, I think the developer has his s**t together now
No (other)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SYN] SynCoin | [NO PRE-M][Auto Reward, Anti-ASIC]  (Read 60623 times)
rakija

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:31:23 PM

Validation Error Pool is online and ready to hash it up.

http://syn.validerrorpool.com

1% fee, PPLNS, STRATUM, VARDIFF

We're gonna give it a try and see how it goes.

Finally!!! Pointed my miners 5h before launch and almost day later it acctualy started mining Smiley wooohoooo Smiley Im getting some coins.... Smiley

So are we getting some reward if we find some block!? Smiley
hokus_pokus

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:34:50 PM

I vote to take the poll down!
wc-miner

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:40:14 PM

I believe this could be a long term coin - relaunch isn't necessary and wouldn't practically benefit anyone economically. It could make things clearer and fairer but I think it's enough it works now.

Congratulations! You have 20 coins out of 250,000,000,000.
You are really a big stakeholder. Keeping mining.

You just confirmed my opinion. Nice that you agree with me. And yes, I could keep on mining if there was better pools for SYN. Official pool starts to piss me off. I have received only some random payments and can't find my stats anywhere. Informing about shares, etc. is worse than in middlecoin.com  Roll Eyes

By the way, I voted NO. If I get bribes for it, put it in there:

SYN: SYkrRLCJNDqpWh4hYCjV9s3FE9TYanvVV7

I've seriously tried to support SynCoin. Seems like a nice concept.

E: Yes, http://syn.validerrorpool.com/ is online! Now I'm getting the heck out of the official crap.
Mosphet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:47:59 PM

I believe this could be a long term coin - relaunch isn't necessary and wouldn't practically benefit anyone economically. It could make things clearer and fairer but I think it's enough it works now.

Congratulations! You have 20 coins out of 250,000,000,000.
You are really a big stakeholder. Keeping mining.

You just confirmed my opinion. Nice that you agree with me. And yes, I could keep on mining if there was better pools for SYN. Official pool starts to piss me off. I have received only some random payments and can't find my stats anywhere. Informing about shares, etc. is worse than in middlecoin.com  Roll Eyes

By the way, I voted NO. If I get bribes for it, put it in there:

SYN: SYkrRLCJNDqpWh4hYCjV9s3FE9TYanvVV7

I've seriously tried to support SynCoin. Seems like a nice concept.

wc-miner,

I don't know if you're used to linux and messing with conf files and the such, but it is doable to run your own p2pool.
It won't connect to peers yet, but it does run and it does generate coins. They take a while to mature though.

Edit: Ah, I see you're sorted now. Awesome!
Shepherd

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:49:20 PM

I have idea. Lets send our coins to dev's wallet, and if he would do relaunch then he need to send us back the same amount, otherwise he need to send us back our coins and we can donate 1% of them to him.

Home - H2O Official faucet Please help an old shepherd to find his flock of sheep and a young shepherdess
DNotes  DXaABU4q6Mq5D9qEMTSU3rqY1TCtzVF9Nn         LTC: LPM3sfPfBAmXsoN7u6sQTwiFzoJpoEAFG6
MINT: MtKsn4h3v31T4vknHj1DSdfhhPn8DLBNce LEAF: fckMPwrA3nJD1pYpHxnpCXpzp48FbthuLm  DGB: DFxLE8U8Hfe5eggxw2NpG3jTHP12HEUqB6
Mosphet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:53:59 PM

I have idea. Lets send our coins to dev's wallet, and if he would do relaunch then he need to send us back the same amount, otherwise he need to send us back our coins and we can donate 1% of them to him.

And how do you intend to get everyone to send their coins back?
I bet a lot of people aren't even following this thread.
wc-miner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

BTW, is "I don't care, I just want more pools to be there at launch" considered as "Yes" or "No"?

wc-miner,

I don't know if you're used to linux and messing with conf files and the such, but it is doable to run your own p2pool.
It won't connect to peers yet, but it does run and it does generate coins. They take a while to mature though.

Hmm, linux isn't too odd for me and I mess with configs all the time. So, are you talking about trying solo mining? If yes, that might not be bad idea, but I still prefer pools.

What?!
Mosphet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:01:22 PM

syncoin,

Could you let us know when you've fixed the p2pool code? I'll periodically check the GitHub page, but just in case.

Right now it kind of feels like I'm soloing with a nice GUI. It does work though.
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:05:20 PM

I am glad that they fixed it. How much is the total coin in circulation?  i guess we don't need to relaunch. Just think of the bug as a feature, if ever there is any. Happy mining.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Mosphet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:07:36 PM

BTW, is "I don't care, I just want more pools to be there at launch" considered as "Yes" or "No"?

wc-miner,

Hmm, linux isn't too odd for me and I mess with configs all the time. So, are you talking about trying solo mining? If yes, that might not be bad idea, but I still prefer pools.

What?!

Well, see my comment above... It does work to some extend, but it won't connect to peers. So it feels like soloing with a p2pool-site as front-end.
It doesn't work out of the box though, I needed to move a few files around and rename others. Nothing big. If you're interested I can run through my bash-history to see what I did.

(Was before my first cup of coffee so my built-in memory didn't function yet.)
Shepherd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

And how do you intend to get everyone to send their coins back?
I bet a lot of people aren't even following this thread.
Some kind of insurance.

I start mining at begining, and I got my first coins 6h later, now I have some more than 15. And I dont have big loss if he do relaunch, but somebody have 500 coins, and he is going to lose much. Dev can repay this coins from fee of his p2pool, because there is no more than 6000 coins.

Home - H2O Official faucet Please help an old shepherd to find his flock of sheep and a young shepherdess
DNotes  DXaABU4q6Mq5D9qEMTSU3rqY1TCtzVF9Nn         LTC: LPM3sfPfBAmXsoN7u6sQTwiFzoJpoEAFG6
MINT: MtKsn4h3v31T4vknHj1DSdfhhPn8DLBNce LEAF: fckMPwrA3nJD1pYpHxnpCXpzp48FbthuLm  DGB: DFxLE8U8Hfe5eggxw2NpG3jTHP12HEUqB6
wc-miner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

Well, see my comment above... It does work to some extend, but it won't connect to peers. So it feels like soloing with a p2pool-site as front-end.
It doesn't work out of the box though, I needed to move a few files around and rename others. Nothing big. If you're interested I can run through my bash-history to see what I did.

(Was before my first cup of coffee so my built-in memory didn't function yet.)
Thanks, but I think I'm gonna stick with the pool as we now have one... if I continue to mine this coin. That official pool is btw really random, or its payments. I received 50 miniatyre payments 13:40-13:53 GMT worth total of 27 SYN. Then I got nothing for 4 hours. Now, 17:20 GMT I just got 3 little payments worth of 3 SYN. And I have been trying to mine atleast for 12 hours.

SYN seems like a nice coin, but it's not for those who want to mine the newest low-diff coin or who want to play with all or nothing -strategy. If this coins succeeds, it will be a source of steady income. But if I was after steady income, i would just mine in some multipool. So it might be that I change coin soon.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:31:16 PM

Tried for hours last night to connect, no luck. Pretty disappointed.

SVia8bGe2osU1f43a7pGFSKQLzc4UoR9Xe

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
syncoin (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:38:26 PM

After much deliberation with a fellow dev, we have come to a conclusion...

SynCoin will NOT relaunch!

Poll has been taken down as well. Victory with 59-47.
Motion to not relaunch passed.

Donate to The SynCoin Foundation Today:
SynCoin Address: SYnFundYHArvaRGMowXE2v5fQQ4SVdvh5t
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:43:06 PM

Tried for hours last night to connect, no luck. Pretty disappointed.

SVia8bGe2osU1f43a7pGFSKQLzc4UoR9Xe

How may I help?

Shepherd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:43:15 PM

Great, than I can continue on your p2pool.

Mosphet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

After much deliberation with a fellow dev, we have come to a conclusion...

SynCoin will NOT relaunch!

Poll has been taken down as well. Victory with 59-47.
Motion to not relaunch passed.

Thank you.

Personally I think a relaunch is more trouble than it's worth. I might have had a few more coins if it had launched correctly but given the curent block rewards I'm happy to just keep going.

(And I know I might be getting a bit annoying here; but a fixed p2pool would be nice  Grin Do try to get some rest at some point though.)
trigeek

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 05:48:26 PM

Well it looks like my auto-build scripts already compiled the wallet, so I might as well just launch the pool... we're up and running:

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

hokus_pokus

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:50:30 PM

Awesome!
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:50:56 PM

Validation Error Pool is online and ready to hash it up.

http://syn.validerrorpool.com

1% fee, PPLNS, STRATUM, VARDIFF

We're gonna give it a try and see how it goes.

Awesome! Just saw this in the sea of posts, and probably going to be the best post I'll see for a while.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: