Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:49:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In light of the GitHub incident, would you like to stage a relaunch? [POLL CLOSED]
Yes, I lost coins due to the pool bug
I don't care, I just want more pools to be there at launch
Yes, I think the developer is a scammer, and this would prove otherwise
Yes (other)
No, it works fine now so leave it
No, I don't think it's relevant given the small number of coins mined
No, I think the developer has his s**t together now
No (other)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SYN] SynCoin | [NO PRE-M][Auto Reward, Anti-ASIC]  (Read 60627 times)
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:02:42 AM

Something is missing with this coin... POS

Would you consider changing the algo into POS/POW or full POS in the future?

I think if this coin will have an algo reward for POS, like the algo in reward for POW, this coin will have everthing. It would be great if this coin with have compounding daily interest. People will love to hoard this coin like a savings in their bank.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:43:59 AM

I think if this coin will have an algo reward for POS, like the algo in reward for POW, this coin will have everthing. It would be great if this coin with have compounding daily interest. People will love to hoard this coin like a savings in their bank.

All PoS does is inflate the currency.
There is no point in hoarding your coins for 10% interest if everyone else is gaining 10% interest as well. This just means your coins are becoming 10% less scarce (valuable).

What's going on with this coin? Hash rate is low.
Any information on possible exchanges?
blueangel01

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:50:31 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 05:14:43 AM by blueangel01

All PoS does is inflate the currency.
There is no point in hoarding your coins for 10% interest if everyone else is gaining 10% interest as well. This just means your coins are becoming 10% less scarce (valuable).

What's going on with this coin? Hash rate is low.
Any information on possible exchanges?

That is your opinion. But i think slow inflation through POS is better than to mine 250 billion in a year. Also, there are already lot of coin with POW. Adding POS will make this coin a bit difference if you give it unique reward for POS. It is not about scarcity, leave that for the UNO and BTC. They are going to be really scarce. We need currency.

Hashrate is slow because this coin is not for early adopters, rather it is for long term miners. Whales and other miners wants to mine a day or 2 to get the most out of the coin because the reward is great in the 1st few days and will be halved after a few blocks.

There will be exchanges.. Lazycoin will add SynCoin.... the rest will follow soon.

Syncoin, can your team possibly make something like this: (its fake)

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:21:37 AM

this coin is beautiful, i had always thought long time ago about a coin, where you gain the same amount of coin per day no matter the difficulty(yeah i know there is halving, but still...)
blaster51

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:08:14 PM

maybe you guys should make a better layout for your website, its just css from doge, not the most appealing site.
It' s not that hard to make a better one, just a small suggestion
GAML

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:56:18 PM

Wow....A wallet with built in candle charts.  That would be AMAZING.  Awesome idea.

BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:21:24 PM

Wow....A wallet with built in candle charts.  That would be AMAZING.  Awesome idea.

Amazing, but somewhat unrealistic. Do you have any idea how much coding it would take to build a secure full fledged trading platform and to incorporate it into a wallet?
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:28:22 PM

Wow....A wallet with built in candle charts.  That would be AMAZING.  Awesome idea.

Amazing, but somewhat unrealistic. Do you have any idea how much coding it would take to build a secure full fledged trading platform and to incorporate it into a wallet?

I was under the impression they where intending to use the Cryptsy API or something similar.  It might not be as bad as you think.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
blueangel01

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:31:38 PM

I have no idea. But there is an alpha version of Particle coin in which they have added cyptsy website into the wallet. Thier wallet is like an android with apps on it.

If it is possible i would not mind donating BTC/LTC for the development.

My idea is to combine the wallets BTC + SYN + color coins = Trading platform for the 2 coins. It will give boost to our coin. I don't know any coding so yeah... it is just my imagination.

asemov

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:50:21 PM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Vote for it Wink
poopmachine

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:59:34 PM

Been voting like a madman since yesterday 3xhour, all day urry day
huskyxx

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Amen to voting!
huskyxx

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:48:03 PM

Whats a good way to help market syn?
syncoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:08:13 PM

I was under the impression they where intending to use the Cryptsy API or something similar.  It might not be as bad as you think.

Yeah, not bad at all. When we get on an exchange (confirmed and working) we'll look into it Smiley

I have no idea. But there is an alpha version of Particle coin in which they have added cyptsy website into the wallet. Thier wallet is like an android with apps on it.

If it is possible i would not mind donating BTC/LTC for the development.

My idea is to combine the wallets BTC + SYN + color coins = Trading platform for the 2 coins. It will give boost to our coin. I don't know any coding so yeah... it is just my imagination.

Hmm, I'll check it out. Examples are always good.

Whats a good way to help market syn?

At this point? Get it to every exchange you find. Once we become backed by at least one crypto, the traffic will flow naturally. A lot of people know about SynCoin, but aren't ready to jump in because it technically has no value yet.

Reddit tipping is a good marketing tactic too, but I suggest you use an alt account -- some subreddits aren't so nice to altcoin tippers.

Donate to The SynCoin Foundation Today:
SynCoin Address: SYnFundYHArvaRGMowXE2v5fQQ4SVdvh5t
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:10:44 PM

UPDATE: I've started work on a backup exchange (SYN/BTC).

This will only be used in two scenarios:
* We get into no exchanges by the end of this week besides LazyCoins (which launch is still fuzzy) (still love them though)
* All exchanges are down (unlikely, but necessary safety)

It'll function as follows.

Similar to coin-flip game (ironically, the game was ADAPTED from the EXCHANGE) -- you get a BTC address and SYN address on registration
Then, you put out orders -- whoever takes them, their BTC will go to your account, and so on and so forth

The front-end is done, backend needs some tweaking.

ETA: 2 weeks completion (so worst case if we don't get trading this week, we will be by the end of the month)

Smiley

huskyxx

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:35:28 PM

I emailed bittrex.com a new exchange undergoing beta testing now (hop on board if you can!). They showed interest in listing us.
Anyone know how to project the volume of our possible exchange? this was thier response:

Thanks for the email.  We will do some research and check the coin out.  Do you know if there is an active google docs exchange or anything like that to project volume? 

blueangel01

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:00:10 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 06:35:46 AM by blueangel01

I emailed bittrex.com a new exchange undergoing beta testing now (hop on board if you can!). They showed interest in listing us.
Anyone know how to project the volume of our possible exchange? this was thier response:

Thanks for the email.  We will do some research and check the coin out.  Do you know if there is an active google docs exchange or anything like that to project volume?  

Nobody has made any trade yet in Syncoin. So we have no history to provide. Poor history = Poor credit score.

Dev can you please create a google docs exchange? Even if its manually. I would volunteer to be escrow if possible with no fee.

Edit: If you want to buy/sell SYncoin you can use this to make offer/bid: http://www.shiliwu.com/

TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:19:07 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 07:34:18 AM by TheGer

FS 1135.5 Coins   0.085 BTC PM me.

Trade with confidence.  Member since 2011.  Can go all at once or smaller transfers if you like.  Will accept Cryptsy trade key transfer(BTC) for quicker exchange.
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:26:32 PM

Thanks for the email.  We will do some research and check the coin out.  Do you know if there is an active google docs exchange or anything like that to project volume?  

Nobody has made any trade yet in Syncoin. So we have no history to provide. Poor history = Poor credit score.

Dev can you please create a google docs exchange? Even if its manually. I would volunteer to be escrow if possible with no fee.

Edit: If you want to buy/sell SYncoin you can use this to make offer/bid: http://www.shiliwu.com/

Sure, I can setup a Google Doc later today.

Thanks for the email.  We will do some research and check the coin out.  Do you know if there is an active google docs exchange or anything like that to project volume? 

Uh, not yet -- but we can make one Cheesy

ab12321

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:08:25 PM

If you want to see this coin succeed it needs a lot of marketing, unique wallet features, fast confirmations times, a secure block chain without an unexpected fork, and can't be manipulated by anyone. This is my reasoning, ideas and I have no affiliations to this coin other than mining it and donating some of it back.

I really think this coin has potential, especially if Mt. Gox keeps fucking over Bitcoin. Granted he did finally resign from the board. His site magically went down because hes missing 744,408 Bitcoins. This coin has a lot of interesting features other coins do not have in regulating the supply. The auto switch to ScriptN. It has a dev who is active and has some interesting post for trolls lmao. That alone can make or break a crypto currency, for the short term

Someone earlier said you should add interest to the wallet. I personally think its a good idea if you keep it low 1-2% a year if not less. Mintcoins, 20% for the first year might come back and haunt them in the end. With the current reward highest reward block being 120, I think. There should be room in the total amount of coins, to possibly make it happen. If you wanted too. One feature that seems to be catching on is the anonymous function that Tips and a few other coins are doing. It's something to look into when you had the time, or got bored.

People are more and more worried about encryption anymore, to keep it safe from hackers or manipulation. Is it possible to add google authenticator to your wallet? Instead of one option of encrypt wallet like ever other coin? It doesn't have to be googles just any of the many authenticators out there. This feature would be a huge boost to people feeling more secure in their wallets. Just like a fast confirmation time of 10secs or less not sure what it is on syncoin with a 4 min block.
Another question is if you remember the doge fork a few weeks ago that caused their price to fall, was that bug that caused it to reject a large block in the older wallet. It was fixed in the newest wallet, so it caused a hard fork on accident. Was this problem fixed in this coin before launch? I am assuming it was don't have time to read through all the source code myself really busy with work. If it wasn't, it's better to fix that bug before it happens here and causes people to lose faith in a coin. Unexpected forks are bad for any crypto currency.

As for word of mouth, lets face it the people on these forums are the "nerds" who do this for fun, or for cash. The other type is investors who see potential in the crypto currency concept, or like the pump and dump coins for quick cash. I wouldn't call either group set really mainstream population. Most people are stupid and just follow the way Hollywood and the news go. Bitcoins became more mainstream in November when the price few up? Wasn't there national headlines in the US at least of someone accepting Bitcoins as payment for his house around that same time? Most people really do not understand much beyond one or 2 decimal places. I know there are smaller denominations for Bitcoin, but hell I barely understand their names, if you asked the average person the street what a Satoshi is they would look at you like you and say a what. If your expecting word of mouth to get this coin mainstream you have to get your head outta you ass, it wont happen. Big news articles, interesting names for the smaller demonizations. People understand Euro, Yen, Dollar, Rubbles there all simple to remember names, and most have a simple coin structure/names. When currency is traded, they have I think 3 or 4 decimals? People mostly only think of them as a 2 decimal currency. This is a sad fact, but in the US atleast if you want to get accepted and be mainstream you have to get hollywood and news on your side. Superbowl ads also does it if people find them funny, or remember them. GO DADDY case in point. Dogecoin did the fundraiser a few athletes for the Soshi games. Great simple exposures.

We might want to dream/wish that word of mouth will make this coin mainstream, but a motto I have at my own business "Wish in one hand and shit in the other and tell me which one fills up first". Wishes and dreams only can fill heads reality is you have to have a marketing campaign to drive this coin mainstream. Apps for wallets on peoples phones, secure wallets that are almost impossible to hack. Easy way to use it to pay for things, with a quick confirmation time. Make it the preferred coin to gamble with. That's what 60% of the Bitcoin market? People here shouldn't be thinking of this coin SYN/BIT it should be All coins/SYN.

To help with marketing and development of this coin have you considered creating a public wallet address where everyone can see the balance at all times? With this address programmed into every wallet as lets say community fund or coin development fund something like that, so everyone can easily donate to that address, should they so choose. Then create a foundation that controls that fund and decides how it spent and where. 9 member board so its less likely to have favoritism/corruption. 5 permanent or 4 permanent and 5 voted by the community or 4 if 5 permanent. The permanent members can be kicked off with a simple 60% vote by the other members of the board in case one goes crazy or insane. Then this group of people would be responsible for making sure this coins gets promoted/marketed. Offering rewards to help pay developments projected to help this coin grow in popularity. Plus posting all expenditures online so everyone can see what the funds were used for and when. Trust being the upmost importance.

Its been driving me nuts for years people thinking word of mouth works for crypto coins. It works for restaurants and only around where they are located. This coin is just one the first, I thought had potential after Bitcoin and litecoins. It just needs a marketing campaign behind it and more apps and development of its already unique features.

Yes, I rambled a lot, with bad grammar. You might think I am crazy (I could be) just a random person on a forum. Ignore me, all you like just thought I would bring this to peoples attention based on personal experience word of mouth only goes so far and very slowly. Great for the food industry to slow without some marketing for the crypto world.

I think it was blueangel01 post I read on another forum that said it best "4 months is 4 years in the crypto world!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: