Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:26:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] ---NEM stake complaint, questions etc.---  (Read 30316 times)
dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

I'm now in an embarrassing position. I am at University in China. I was telling my friends, some Chinese some not about Bitcoin and how they should move to something like NXT if they are worried about the Government closing down exchanges as we are politics majors and have various discussions on government control etc. So over a week or so when I met friends in the Uni on site coffee shop I set them up with Bitcoin wallets showed them how they work and sent my own money to them to take part in NEM and told them they needed to log onto this site and ask for a stake.

So I come to check my stake and there is a sarcastic remark on the google doc and all the wallets I legitimately set up and paid my own money to are now highlighted in Cyan! You said one account for one stake and you also said tell people about it and spread the word which is exactly what I did so what the hell?  

I'm pissed cause I assume I'm being lumped together as a sock puppet maker which I cant disprove or prove I realize either way. Am I even gonna get my Bitcoin back. I promised these guys I would get them into something I now regret. Its gonna be really embarrassing when they ask me what to do next and I say sorry the money is gone.

By the way if I wanted to hide my tracks I could of easily, you don't study and use the internet in China and not know every possible way to hide transactions and communication. So I took the offer at face value to spread the word about NEM and how wrong was I....
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:47:41 PM

I'm now in an embarrassing position. I am at University in China. I was telling my friends, some Chinese some not about Bitcoin and how they should move to something like NXT if they are worried about the Government closing down exchanges as we are politics majors and have various discussions on government control etc. So over a week or so when I met friends in the Uni on site coffee shop I set them up with Bitcoin wallets showed them how they work and sent my own money to them to take part in NEM and told them they needed to log onto this site and ask for a stake.

So I come to check my stake and there is a sarcastic remark on the google doc and all the wallets I legitimately set up and paid my own money to are now highlighted in Cyan! You said one account for one stake and you also said tell people about it and spread the word which is exactly what I did so what the hell?  

I'm pissed cause I assume I'm being lumped together as a sock puppet maker which I cant disprove or prove I realize either way. Am I even gonna get my Bitcoin back. I promised these guys I would get them into something I now regret. Its gonna be really embarrassing when they ask me what to do next and I say sorry the money is gone.

By the way if I wanted to hide my tracks I could of easily, you don't study and use the internet in China and not know every possible way to hide transactions and communication. So I took the offer at face value to spread the word about NEM and how wrong was I....

Now come down - take a deep breath - better now ?

I can't find that remark in the stake holder list - which google doc are you talking about ? What are the account names of the other fellas you are refering to ?

Either you get your stake or you get your btc back. If you have bought multiple stakes with multiple accounts you should be alright and you guys will get your stakes. It's a promise that was made on the frontpage and that promise will be kept. NEM is about fairness remember ?
The only people that need to be afraid off being refunded or loosing their money are people that bought more than 10 stakes no matter how many accounts they used.

dannyman

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:05:04 PM

I can't find that remark in the stake holder list - which google doc are you talking about ? What are the account names of the other fellas you are refering to ?

Either you get your stake or you get your btc back. If you have bought multiple stakes with multiple accounts you should be alright and you guys will get your stakes. It's a promise that was made on the frontpage and that promise will be kept. NEM is about fairness remember ?
The only people that need to be afraid off being refunded or loosing their money are people that bought more than 10 stakes no matter how many accounts they used.

Its in bright Cyan on the Google doc, I am calm. I didn't count but I expect it will be a couple over 10 accounts. I know how it looks but I paid in full, did them in good faith and now get lumped with fraudsters.

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:20:33 PM

so utopianfuture told me to post here to tell Kooream about my stake complaint.
I have no =Y in the google docs and I found some other users wanted to claim my transaction...

I signed this bitcoin message. You can check.

address: 1FM6XuGiNsQNmaSLQvYNjGUUGRuUC3DZAP

signature:
"IHtfSQkpakK/N10cUeyNDoUaELkZiqnmoky/qlFBE62pBkZQUv65bw1e4xZhH+eHrpYUTY+rrhI29O1DZH96JuY="

here is the screenshot
https://i.imgur.com/jDLDQKm.png

Thanks! please help!!
patmast3r

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:27:21 PM

Its in bright Cyan on the Google doc, I am calm. I didn't count but I expect it will be a couple over 10 accounts. I know how it looks but I paid in full, did them in good faith and now get lumped with fraudsters.

You're talking about tha hash check spreadsheet - i see.
Well you can't blame us for thinking that >10 newbies payed for with the same account could be someone trying to get an unfair amount of stakes. Also being marked does not mean anything other than that there's suspicion and you already said you know how it looks.
If all your buddies are willing to chip in and contribute in our movement that there will be no problem. If you're the only one who is ever going to be active then we'll probably refund you at least of a couple of stakes but ultimately that's not up to me. There will be a public auditing where everyone will be heared.

In any event you will NOT loose any money. 

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:57:50 PM

Hello,
i made a big mistake because i´m very new with this all.
I actually saw that in the stake-holder list i am marked
as a bogus-transaction.

The point is that i written only my NXT Account ID and
forgot to write the tx-id: Transaction id: 7900843631168107124
I corrected it in post #1502 page 76 in the registration-thread 2
and hope that you can correct it and make me a fully confirmed
member and not a bogus transaction one.

Thank you very much
with best regards
patmast3r

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:01:02 PM

Hello,
i made a big mistake because i´m very new with this all.
I actually saw that in the stake-holder list i am marked
as a bogus-transaction.

The point is that i written only my NXT Account ID and
forgot to write the tx-id: Transaction id: 7900843631168107124
I corrected it in post #1502 page 76 in the registration-thread 2
and hope that you can correct it and make me a fully confirmed
member and not a bogus transaction one.

Thank you very much
with best regards

I've added a comment about that in the stakeholder list. If your hash turns out to be unique you're all set Smiley

Kooream

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:04:27 PM

Hi dannyman,

First of all you have a wrong transaction: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4747881#msg4747881 You haven't sent any bitcoin from this address. It seems you were careless, please correct this mistake.
Secondly could you tell me what does it exactly means a couple over 10 accounts? How many of your friends joined in NEM?

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:11:33 PM

Following is the protocol I use to make up the stakeholder list from the information in the registration thread:

1. considering every posts in registration thread in an order

2. check if a post satisfying the fee or promotion condition in that page. All valid accounts start with Y condition.

3. if the account sent a fee in, I check the transaction hash in block explorer for valid transaction and add the hash in a separate column. Invalid hashes are noted "bogus transaction" next to the accounts and change condition to blank.

4. After finishing the list for that update (10 pages). The list is sorted by transaction hashes.

5. Checking for duplicate hashes. If two accounts have the same hash, then one will be legitimate and the other is a stolen hash fraudster. A prioritization protocol is followed: if 1. veteran account vs new account then veteran account is considered legitimate and is noted with "duplicate hash"  and new account's condition changes to blank and is noted with "possible duplicate hash fraudster" ; 2. new account vs new account then the account posted the hash first is considered legitimate and is noted with "duplicate hash"  and the other account's condition changes to blank and is noted with "possible duplicate hash fraudster". All these labels will be reversed when the accounts with ""possible duplicate hash fraudster" label can provide the ultimate proof of owning the transaction hash by sending a very small amount from the same sending address of the duplicate transaction to the NEM address and notifying the public here. So the "burden of proof" falls into the accounts with blank condition and label "possible duplicate hash fraudster" but that does not mean they are proven duplicate hash fraudsters

6. After a period of of public reviewing. All cases of duplicate hashes could be solved following the above protocol.

I started following this duplicate hash checking protocol after page 30 and few cases of duplicate hashes are spotted after that. Kooream has been starting to apply the same protocol back to thread 1 to weed out all the fraudsters.

I hope this explains clearly the process I has been following and you should get the same results from the registration threads too if you do the same thing. I said the registration thread is the original list of stakeholder for that reason - anyone can construct the stakeholder list from these raw materials.

We will do another check for duplicate hash for the whole list when the fundraising is over. Ultimately, no case of duplicate should remain ambiguous following this protocol.

However, it will take sometimes so please be patient.

Why do I only update the list every 10 pages? because the fee changes every 10 pages therefore stolen hash fraudsters can only steal hashes from this range, that makes checking much easier.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Porte

Activity: 489

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:50:36 PM

Dear Utopianture,

I am the real owner of this:

As you can see I registered on page 65 and that Mr Scam bitrut123 did it one page later!

1295   Porte   3cfb6f3aa452b56f5f3afdc9c67e2c2c7731b258093f7b691ed9d99f01791198   1   duplicated hash
1319   bitrut123   3cfb6f3aa452b56f5f3afdc9c67e2c2c7731b258093f7b691ed9d99f01791198   1   duplicated hash

Please its crystal clear the one who post later is the scammer I don't know why I should go through this.

Anyway if you need extra proof check below:

BitCoin 1Lk5Paws9T1YpoSeLeZT7ZeSQKW7UNq4TJ 0.01610000 BTC Yes 2014-01-27 14:48:23

Processed TrxID: 3cfb6f3aa452b56f5f3afdc9c67e2c2c7731b258093f7b691ed9d99f01791198 @ 2014-01-27 14:46:31

You can check I sent 0.0161, so I sent 0.0001 btc extra.

Please delete me from the scammer list and also please reply back to this post once is done, I need confirmations of this

Thanks,

Porte
Bonz

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:18:31 AM

Any resolution yet?

i'm not seeing myself on the stakeholders list (maybe i'm blind) but here is my spot reservation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4809983#msg4809983

can someone add me or tell me what number i am on the list cause i'm not seeing it

Never mind i found it #1310 so the better question is how would you like me to proove that that is my transaction?  i could screen shot my multibit transaction

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:43:31 AM

hello, i sent .065btc from an exchange (i dont remember which one) to 1Lk5Paws9T1YpoSeLeZT7ZeSQKW7UNq4TJ
txid=a82a2d08297857e5de6593070749473557fac1b8d45c29eeb148eb919dc825d7
as you can see here on page 68 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg5090536#msg5090536
but i am not on the stakeholder list??? plz let me know why so we can resolve, thanks
xzh4518

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 03:57:43 AM

Why my name has not been added to the list,My user name is xzh4518,My donation on page 50,I have donated 550 NXT,Help me to solve the trouble,thank you
xzh4518

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:06:48 AM

Why my name has not been added to the list,My user name is xzh4518,My donation on page 50,I have donated 550 NXT,Help me to solve the trouble,thank you
This is my donation link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.980 ,I'm at the end of this page
xzh4518

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:55:30 AM

This is my donation link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.980 ,I'm at the end of this page
Sorry, I made a mistake, I saw my user name
patmast3r

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:36:43 AM

Any resolution yet?

i'm not seeing myself on the stakeholders list (maybe i'm blind) but here is my spot reservation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4809983#msg4809983

can someone add me or tell me what number i am on the list cause i'm not seeing it

Never mind i found it #1310 so the better question is how would you like me to proove that that is my transaction?  i could screen shot my multibit transaction

Hi, plz go ahead and give me a screenshot of your transaction multibit. Thank you.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:39:47 AM

Sorry, I made a mistake, I saw my user name

Yep...those tabs at the bottom...you're not the first to miss them and certainly not the last Smiley

patmast3r

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:41:22 AM

hello, i sent .065btc from an exchange (i dont remember which one) to 1Lk5Paws9T1YpoSeLeZT7ZeSQKW7UNq4TJ
txid=a82a2d08297857e5de6593070749473557fac1b8d45c29eeb148eb919dc825d7
as you can see here on page 68 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg5090536#msg5090536
but i am not on the stakeholder list??? plz let me know why so we can resolve, thanks

You are there. USE THE TABS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SPREAD SHEET to find your username on the page you posted.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:46:42 AM

From now on plz follow these simple rules when posting a complaint:

- If you can't find your username make sure you have checked all the tabs (visible at the bottom) in the spreadsheet.
- If you are marked with "duplicate hash" plz provide a link to your original post as well so we can check your TX faster.

As Utopian explained we need you to send another small amount to confirm the address is controlled by you. A screenshot of the TX in your wallet will also do.

We can't accept fund from exchanges because we can almost never make sure it's really your account. It will be harder to proof yourself (not impossible though) if you've sent the fee from an exchange.

Thank you for understanding.

Elena82

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:54:17 AM

You are there. USE THE TABS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SPREAD SHEET to find your username on the page you posted.

When, approximately, will generate the final list of participants? For example my name there is still no (Elena82). I was asked to wait and not to worry. If you want, I can provide all the evidence of my translation 1500 NXT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: