March 06, 2014, 02:07:25 PM

can we download source code?
voileipa (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:40:05 PM

can we download source code?
You get the source code of your created coin. (YourCoin only)

We do not plan to open-source the coincreator service itself.
pttinh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:26:41 PM

I've just create a test coin with SHA 256, however, i can only download qt.exe file without source. How can I get source of my coin?
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:29:44 PM

I've just create a test coin with SHA 256, however, i can only download qt.exe file without source. How can I get source of my coin?
We don't provide the source codes in the FreeCoin version. You have to purchase the Yourcoin version to get the source codes.
pttinh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:50:39 PM

Thanks, I'll try.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:25:48 AM

Do you provide support for Mac OS?
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:36:04 AM

Do you provide support for Mac OS?
We don't support ready-made Mac wallets.

However, you can build a Mac wallet from the sources given you have some technical knowledge/experience about compiling.
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:11:15 AM

over 250 created coins!
BulletProof_za

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:18:48 AM

More crap coins inbound
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:56:15 PM

Created a simple tutorial on how to set up a "hosting" node on linux

https://github.com/coincreator/tutorials/tree/master/tutorials/LinuxDaemonHosting
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:45:37 PM

hey voileipa,

on the free coin i created the file i received tested positive for malware on virustotal.com in the 'rising' category, can you explain?
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:14:40 PM

hey voileipa,

on the free coin i created the file i received tested positive for malware on virustotal.com in the 'rising' category, can you explain?

The wallet tries to open by default ports so AntiVirus programs may consider it hazardous. In fact even Chrome warns that every ".exe" file is a risk so it would not be a surprise that Antivirus programs consider it to be  harmful to run .exe applications from a "untrusted" source.

If you download any windows wallet from the newly announced coins your AntiVirus program probably will warn about them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

I understand your concern but... I'm a little pissed off.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:31:54 PM

hey voileipa,

The wallet tries to open by default ports so AntiVirus programs may consider it hazardous. In fact even Chrome warns that every ".exe" file is a risk so it would not be a surprise that Antivirus programs consider it to be  harmful to run .exe applications from a "untrusted" source.

If you download any windows wallet from the newly announced coins your AntiVirus program probably will warn about them.

thanks for the quick response, if you say its legit then cool, i do not understand the technicals, im not accusing you just getting the info out there.

i actually punched my laptop screen and broke the screen cause i thought i got malware lol,  its an old laptop, now i have to figure out how to connect with a fresh screen.
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:35:02 PM

hey voileipa,

thanks for the quick response, if you say its legit then cool, i do not understand the technicals, im not accusing you just getting the info out there.

i actually punched my laptop screen and broke the screen cause i thought i got malware lol,  its an old laptop, now i have to figure out how to connect with a fresh screen.

No problem. We try to be as transparent as possible.
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:43:55 PM

Coin creation is once again enabled as blockchain.info is functioning again!
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:52:01 AM

How much is a coin?
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:58:39 PM

0.075BTC as stated in the http://coincreator.net website.

You can also create a test coin for free.
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:11:41 PM

Just to let you know I created a script for Genesis block creation.
It might help you if you want to create a coin from the scratch/understand better how a genesis block can be created Smiley

https://github.com/lhartikk/GenesisH0
agodobrev

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:09:13 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:20:53 PM by agodobrev

I had a coin made by CoinCreator really to test out, and get an idea of what the code will be like, how good it will be, etc.

Firstly, it's not bad, and far better than the Coingen stuff that I have seen on their website.

Still there are niggles which I would ask CC to address, and let me know how to fix them.

1. The Debug Log doesn't work (maybe this is because there is only one connection, from your node)?

2. The programme does not create a Roaming file, but loads everything in Winqt including coin.conf (can this be created, not using a coin.conf but a XXXXcoin.conf and placed in Roaming?)

3. The Winqt file looks like an ordinary Roaming file except it contains the qt-client.

But there are no files that I expected along with the qt, like:

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, libstdc++-6.dll, mingwm10.dll, QtCore4.dll, etc, etc (I just copied them from a Doge folder but you get the drift)

4. there is no icon for qt file when in folder (on Windows 7 I get a black box on Vista just a space where the icon should be)

I'm not even a beginner when it comes to coding or understanding what these files do.

Can CC explain the points above, and how I might address them?

NB: Trying to get a node for myself with the instructions given on the site didn't work. Probably my fault, but it did not like the litecoind command (or something like that).

Again, just to note the service is not bad at all, in fact it is quite good, and it seems to work. But if I want to eventually market a coin, it needs to be set up in the traditional way.

This is what I would like:

A qt in the downloads folder with the funny .dll files
A bunch offiles in AppData Roaming, and not with a conf file called coin.conf

How do I achieve that?
asfgees

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:05:16 AM

make SCRYPT coin ,port and rpcport value is how much ? How to set
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print