Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:50:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1] Sharing of ROI status?  (Read 5151 times)
palawan (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

Greetings:

I was wondering if current owners of the Antminer S1's would be willing to share their progress as far as getting back the BTC invested (completely ignoring all other costs for now such as electricity, PSU, etc.).

Before I start, I was aware that there was a risk of not getting my full BTC spent but was willing to risk it thinking that if I get close enough (lose as much as a whole BTC) it would still be worth it for the experience of mining and possibly I could mine other Sha-256 coins or sell the hardware for whatever I can get for it.

First Ant:        3.15BTC  -- sushi GB5    Arrived Jan 3, 2014
2nd Ant:         1.90BTC  -- Bitmain website  Arrived Jan 23, 2014

Total BTC cost:                                5.05BTC

Mining result as of Feb 5, 2014:     2.315BTC

Remaining BTC to full ROI:            2.735BTC

A couple of things to note:

• 1.  I'm doing better than Jan 3 status -- Ant S1 (Qty=1),  3.15BTC cost,  est. daily earnings .068BTC versus now -- Ant S1 (Qty=2), 2.735BTC cost, est. daily earnings .0777BTC
  • 2.  I'm doing better than the next announced price/shipment of Ant S1 -- Feb 8 ship date, Ant S1 (Qty=2), 2.90BTC cost  versus -- now, Ant S1 (Qty=2), 2.735BTC cost

Attached image below doesn't include the first 2 days result as I was hopping mining pools trying to find a good one which yielded .12BTC  and  also  15 hours of Unobtanium coin mining yielding .045BTC worth of Uno's

halu
Jeffrey

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:23:53 AM

I haven't kept a sheet of my S1's. Mostly because I sell them (way) before they make their money back.
However, most ROI calculations I made came out around 60-90 days per miner. This amount kept being the result of all recent pricedrops and diff increases. I think that's what makes Bitmain a great supplier. Fast hardware, available hardware, and realistic prices which drop every few weeks to reflect the situation (=difficulty)

Also, if you don't calculate power costs, any miner will make it's investment back, it's just a matter of how patient you are. If you do calculate power costs, a miner will keep earning money until the moment the power costs are higher than the earnings. This last situation highly depends on BTC value of course.
Oh and of course it matters if you OC your ant. If you do, your power usage will go up but the extra speed will make you more money than it will cost you in power.
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:33:21 AM

I haven't kept a sheet of my S1's. Mostly because I sell them (way) before they make their money back.
However, most ROI calculations I made came out around 60-90 days per miner. This amount kept being the result of all recent pricedrops and diff increases. I think that's what makes Bitmain a great supplier. Fast hardware, available hardware, and realistic prices which drop every few weeks to reflect the situation (=difficulty)

Also, if you don't calculate power costs, any miner will make it's investment back, it's just a matter of how patient you are. If you do calculate power costs, a miner will keep earning money until the moment the power costs are higher than the earnings. This last situation highly depends on BTC value of course.
Oh and of course it matters if you OC your ant. If you do, your power usage will go up but the extra speed will make you more money than it will cost you in power.

Thank you for the feedback.  It looks like your estimate of 60-90 days is about right.  I'm 30 days into it now (from the 1st purchase).  I don't think I'll be adding a 3rd Ant, but it can get tempting if price hits 1BTC.  I do have a limit on the electrical circuit as I live in an apt and I don't know what else is on this particular circuit.  I could possibly add another Ant, but that is it!   Cheesy

halu
Jeffrey

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:39:27 AM

Yeah S1's for 1BTC would be cool, also psychologically (spelling?) it would be a great deal. I think we'll see another pricedrop first before it hits 1BTC though, maybe something like 1.2
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:48:28 AM

Super post dude!
Thanks.
When the facts speak goods keep silent!!!!
Thank you
The only thing that matters is when you got the miners and what you have paid for them OC and other stuff is irrelevant here!
In general it turns out that no matter how low the price looks like we are struggling for ROI. Some folks did not liked my posts in other ants threads and call me a troll because of them. I am wandering if anyone of them will DARE to comment?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:55:14 AM

Super post dude!
Thanks.
Thank you
The only thing that matters is when you got the miners and what you have paid for them OC and other stuff is irrelevant here!
In general it turns out that no matter how low the price looks like we are struggling for ROI. Some folks did not liked my posts in other ants threads and call me a troll because of them. I am wandering if anyone of them will DARE to comment?

And hows the ROI on your Hex8A1?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:16:19 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 11:54:10 AM by loshia

Super post dude!
Thanks.
Thank you

And hows the ROI on your Hex8A1?

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=2621404453&dcosts=500&diff_mincrease=25&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=260000&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=826.90&dpowcon=30&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc

You can read the numbers right?

i would say so/so but the main difference between my board and ants is that:

1. ant has own chips which do cost cents in quantities. And belive me he made a lot of them.
2. ants have premined well for the last mounts at lest four mounts profit

My hexA has 8 chips 100 USD each again because Chinese brothers want 100xmargin from their initial investment Grin
My hexA is from first run, which means that most of dev costs are calculated in the price i've paid. At the end both ants and technobit do deserve profit for their hard work (no irony), do not they?

I am leaving conclusions to you Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:06:33 PM

The price is wrong in your calculator they cost. $2000 not $500

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=61&controller=product&id_lang=1
1499 € = 2000$

Plus something else is messed up in that calculator there is no way you can make 0.5BTC per day on 260ghs you need 2.6THS to reach that sort of return today

This is more realistic:
http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator-v1.php?diff=2621404453&dcosts=2000&diff_mincrease=20&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=26000&btcusd_mincrease=0&btcusd=826.90&dpowcon=300&dleadtime=0&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=32&action=calc

The rest of your arguments are irrelevant as the same points apply to both manufacturers.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:12:28 PM

The price is wrong in your calculator they cost. $2000 not $500

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=61&controller=product&id_lang=1
1499 € = 2000$

Plus something else is messed up in that calculator there is no way you can make 0.5BTC per day on 260ghs you need 2.6THS to reach that sort of return today.
It is not per day it is per diff jump estimation. And yes USD is wrong for sure. The roi for me is BTC roi only. I am not the flat/BTC or if type roi
Like a resume: I have almost equal chances to reach roj like Ants customers (if i ever reach it). The point is if you got my comments not the calculator figures itself. And if you understand why i am not happy of the ants price no matter how good it looks like.
But when we want a new toy we have to buy it for somewhere. Everyone is free to decide from where and how much to pay

Jeffrey

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:15:41 PM

Guys, you're hijacking the OP's thread as the focus is now on the HEX8A1 and not the S1's
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:16:26 PM

Guys, you're hijacking the OP's thread as the focus is now on the HEX8A1 and not the S1's
I am stopping...please excuse me... i have just reply to the questions asked Sorry

bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:26:41 PM

OP if on 400GH/s you are only doing  BTC.077 you might consider switching pools
Im @ 240GH/s and hit  BTC.052-.053 per day on Ghash.io  + that's not including the NMC + IXC + DVC that are mined also with the BTC

My GUESS with 2 Ants you should be somewhere around BTC.087-.09 a day depending on luck?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
AlexeyK

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:10:55 PM

Im @ 240GH/s and hit  BTC.052-.053 per day on Ghash.io  + that's not including the NMC + IXC + DVC that are mined also with the BTC

My GUESS with 2 Ants you should be somewhere around BTC.087-.09 a day depending on luck?

i'm on 0.08+ with two ants from yesterday diff . until this was 0.1 per day . i'm using load balance with low variance

if you think that i deserve it
185h9KXxW2Efx6ynFM61ydUKsRNaVWUobs
or GLC -  GQjVzfk3k8gb3Cy65mBUf4ADkNNTRHgsx8
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:36:27 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 02:32:35 PM by Gator-hex

When the Ant was 1.9BTC for 180-200GH it was comparable to Hex8A1 260GH @ €1500 based on $/GH I remember doing the math before I purchased the Hex8A1. When the Ant dropped to 1.45BTC it became the better deal, not done the math on the new €1250 Hex8A1 price though.

I was hoping the Hex8A1 would be 1GH/1W, that's the main reason I chose it over the Ant, but it doesn't look like it's going to be any more power efficient than the Ant miner. Not at 260GH anyway. With hindsight the Ant was a better deal because it would arrive faster. Sad

Only HashFast and KnC have come close to 1GH/1W at 28nm! Bitmine and CoinTerra chips seem to be way out on GH/W.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:51:53 PM

I bought units at various price points.

1.2TH, total paid: ~19BTC

Total mined: ~12BTC  

That's with a few days of downtime.

Rough estimates have the S1 farm paid off within the next month...  So probably two months.
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:54:46 PM

Good point!  I'm not getting .0777, that's just the estimate and I was comparing to the estimate from Jan 3 to be apples to apples.

I'm eyeballing it and it "feels" like I'm getting over .1BTC  Eligius also does NMC merged mining at 105%, but no other coins.  I can do an average of the last 3 days, but there was a change in diff so it would skew my calc.

When I was doing my research the first 2 days, ghash was 1 of the 2 pools I tried and it didn't match the returns on Eligius.  A lot of payouts, but smaller than overall.  jmo...

halu
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:58:49 PM

I bought units at various price points.

1.2TH, total paid: ~19BTC

Total mined: ~12BTC   

That's with a few days of downtime.

Rough estimates have the S1 farm paid off within the next month...  So probably two months.

Cool!  It matches what I'm seeing.  One thing I didn't compare is if I'm "better" than the 1 time frame that I didn't list which is if I bought both units on the 2nd timeline and arrived Jan 23.  My guess is about the same.  I'm happy that I'm better than 2 timelines clearly visible.

halu
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:43:43 PM

1 ant delivered on 6. Dec paid 4.5 btc. Mined till now 4.35 btc.
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

Woo Hoo!  Thank you.  Very encouraging information!

It is possible to get full ROI on bitcoin mining with the right device and BTC cost!

halu
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:17:57 PM

Woo Hoo!  Thank you.  Very encouraging information!

It is possible to get full ROI on bitcoin mining with the right device and BTC cost!

Absolutely it is.  Key point #1: Stay far far away from pre-orders.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: