Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:43:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why endless supply will make Dogecoin worthless  (Read 6671 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:17:15 AM

If doge really does follow through with its charitable causes (especially if geared towards dogs and animal charities) and do some real world good things the coin will not get old. A lot more people would get behind it than you can imagine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:40:54 AM

It's ONLY going to take 14-15 years for DOGE supply to double once the initial 100B has been mined at 5% yearly inflation. Let me say that again... 14-15 years. Now tell me again that this infinite supply actually matters?
You are mistaken, the 5% inflation will decrease every year.
ewhenn

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:09:39 AM

inflation is the best thing that could had happen to dogecoin

dogecoin will be used as a currency not an asset like all other coins

the community will continue to grow and give away dogecoin to charities, the media attention and growth will continue

trust me once we hit the 10,000 blocks theres no way you will be able to buy a dogecoin for 150 satoshi

buying in exchanges to use and donate will drive this coins price up

100% agree. 

These these coins are intended to be used a a currency, not an asset to hold. 

Full Definition of CURRENCY

2a :  something (as coins, treasury notes, and banknotes) that is in circulation as a medium of exchange
b :  paper money in circulation
c :  a common article for bartering[/li][/list]

The primary role of a currency is to be *USED* for exchange.  If there is a constant deflation where something becomes more and more valuable over time then where is your incentive to ever exchange it?  If I knew that a US dollar today would buy me 30% more next year, I'd do everything I could to avoid spending it.  Thus it fails as a currency. 

A slow inflation makes people spend a currency and use it.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:13:17 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 04:23:41 AM by Bluestreet

the community will continue to grow and give away dogecoin to charities, the media attention and growth will continue

trust me once we hit the 10,000 blocks theres no way you will be able to buy a dogecoin for 150 satoshi

100% agree.  

2a :  something (as coins, treasury notes, and banknotes) that is in circulation as a medium of exchange
    b :  paper money in circulation
    c :  a common article for bartering[/li][/list]

The primary role of a currency is to be *USED* for exchange.  If there is a constant deflation where something becomes more and more valuable over time then where is your incentive to ever exchange it?  If I knew that a US dollar today would buy me 30% more next year, I'd do everything I could to avoid spending it.  Thus it fails as a currency.  

mBTC will become the standard within 5 years and a couple more decimal places can be used to give it a total coin cap of 2.1 Trillion with 2 decimal places to spare for "bitcents" , if this happens most coins producing over 10 billion today will never hold much value.

imo iCoin will become a contender for bitcoin in 2 years. You read it here first.

http://iCoin.pw/interview

ewhenn

Activity: 59
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    February 08, 2014, 04:27:15 AM

100% agree.  

2a :  something (as coins, treasury notes, and banknotes) that is in circulation as a medium of exchange

The primary role of a currency is to be *USED* for exchange.  If there is a constant deflation where something becomes more and more valuable over time then where is your incentive to ever exchange it?  If I knew that a US dollar today would buy me 30% more next year, I'd do everything I could to avoid spending it.  Thus it fails as a currency.  

mBTC will become the standard within 5 years and a couple more decimal places can be used to give it a total coin cap of 2.1 Trillion with 2 decimal places to spare for "bitcents" , if this happens most coins producing over 10 billion today will never hold much value.

It's not about moving decimal places to use a mBTC or a "bit cent",  it's the fact that it's deflationary.  1 kilogram = 1000 grams, it's the same damn thing. 

Spending BTC has a opportunity cost (losing the extra future value derived from increased scarcity).  This makes it behave more like an asset, not a currency, and therefore a poor medium of exchange.
      scarface

Activity: 350
      Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
      February 08, 2014, 04:31:33 AM

100% agree.  

imo iCoin will become a contender for bitcoin in 2 years. You read it here first.

http://iCoin.pw/interview

the whole point is not moving decimal places down or using satoshi or mbtc

the point is that bitcoins are not being used, everyone is hoarding them.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
                  ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
               ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
             ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
           ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
          ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
         ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
        ▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
        ████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
        ██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
        ██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
        ██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
        ▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
         ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
           ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
             ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
               ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
                  ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
                      ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Bit_Happy
        Legendary

Activity: 2100
        Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
        February 08, 2014, 04:39:12 AM

This seems like a good story that will have legs.  Cheesy
        OP helped make Doge seem more attractive, thanks rabbit.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
          Print  

Jump to: