Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin holders will have to pay their tax?  (Read 4308 times)
Kat_messy

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:00:50 PM

In my opinion, cryptocurrency trading is just normal business, like any other. And in this case, cryptocurrency holders should pay tax if they earn money.
Samaaliu

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:26:46 PM

What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??
Maybe the expansion of BTC community will get low than usual.
I don't see why the government should impose tax on Bitcoin holders. If at all any tax is to be paid, it should be by the local exchanges.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:08:13 PM

What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??
Paying taxes on bitcoin isn't nearly as hard as it sounds

Bitcoin has soared in value over the past year.
Paying taxes on bitcoin may seem daunting to people selling off their investments.
The reality is straightforward for most investors, based on how much you bought bitcoin for, how much you sold it for, and what you make in income.

That is one way to pay your taxes and I'm not against it, but what some governments want is that all the transactions generate a tax and for that you will need to know to who belongs every single address, and I do not know about you but I do not like that idea at all, fortunately it is very unlikely that the developers are going to agree with such a change in the code.
Daday23

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:22:58 PM

Before they do that legalized first the bitcoin as mode of payment. Why they put a tax in btcoin holder if they against in bitcoin.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:57:33 PM

Heard they pay taxes on crypto in India. Don't know how that's possible. But not sure all government can implement this.
BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:26:56 PM

Heard they pay taxes on crypto in India. Don't know how that's possible. But not sure all government can implement this.
If the market has a government to pay tax is sure. Because without their supervision, you spoil the money. But I think I will pay a small amount to meet the demand...
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:32:02 PM

If Government regulate bitcoin then people should follow the rule by paying some tax. If it will happen maybe the value of bitcoin will increase more because of tax.

setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 12:13:00 AM

Many peoples right now holding bitcoin as their asset and speculation. Like any asset, we should paying tax. I am believe thats the purpose government regulation because government want to collect taxes from cryptocurrency transaction
Kakawate

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 12:59:21 AM

As I see the situation, with all the crypto users earning great amount of money, especially the traders, the government and everyone can see that they were able to get these money without the government getting something from it, and I think the government finds it as if they are being cheated. So in my opinion, it would normal for the government to put tax on cryptocurrency, and if cryptocurrency will be our one worlds currency, then it I think this taxation issue is gonna come even sooner.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
WHTP

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 01:05:34 AM

I don't think they won't do such a thing. How can you tax something that can go down in value when you're just holding it. It's like taxing something you already hold in your house, like comic books that are worth hundreds of dollars. You tax it when you  make profit.
jack wira

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 01:45:28 AM

Pemegang bitcoin harus taat pajak .dan mereka membutuhkan kejujuran.. banyak orang yang wajib pajak tapi pura pura miskin sehingga mengabaikan pajak yg harus mereka keluarkan intinya tanpa pajak ne yg negara akan kacau.
tayogpanganiban

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:51:05 AM

Yes of course.Though you are a bitcoin holder and your money is digital, you still have to pay tax because that is compulsory.This is a responsibility we should never neglect as a citizen of a country.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
er]
Onah

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:27:30 AM

Not have to, but it is a should.
Admit it. You made a lot of money in crypto. Now is the time to help your country and people around you also, including you families, children, your future.
Share a little bit of your income to help your country. Why not?
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:27:02 AM

Tax is the lifeblood of a government and the country as a whole so every citizen had a duty to pay taxes. Some countries have already imposed taxes on every bitcoin transactions especially in the cryptocurrency exchanges and other countries are also planning to put taxes on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. If your government imposes taxes on virtual coins then you should pay your taxes to help your government achieve their goals in nation-biuldings.
jhony525525

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:17:55 AM

If government impose taxes then the government have to access your transaction and then just like the other transactions a whole recored will be maintained which is difficult and now the Internet is the main source of making transaction for online business.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:29:05 AM

I am poor compared to my compatriots and don't have to pay tax under 19.5k EUROS in income and here also if you earn from securities, trading, shares etc it is all tax-free the profits. Even if you do open a company here minus your wages and social insurance, the net profit you get for example you only pay 10% corporation tax on that. CYPRUS is a haven for tax and is a very good place to live if you are doing crypto. I think here we have it much better than say in the U.S or China as far as tax and regulations on crypto earnings are concerned. So one day if I actually get the income going here, I might be even luckier still. Let's see where this bear market will take us.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
liliano

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:39:47 AM

if this is emphasized then no one will pay because bitcoin is decentralized without any body or other, but if taxes are charged for exchanging bitcoin to fiat or vice versa it can be possible
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:46:11 AM

holders are deemed tax free when and until they hold on to their assets, but once they traded it, there are tax being imposed on them, hidden as fees and other deduction on rates, somehow, all people are used to being taxed, in all their assets and possessions, i dont know how bitcoin or crypto makes it any different. these predicaments are adding up on the negative trusts ratings about crypto, some people are to skeptical when they heard the word tax. but still crypto makes it way to the mainstream medium of investments.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:04:31 AM

The authorities do not recognize bitcoin and then still want us to pay, no ! Why pay for something that is not under the law.

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:31:49 AM

I think paying taxes in holding bitcoin is unfair. Because they are holding they are not selling or buying. Taxes should go on the transaction not on holding
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: