Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:55:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin holders will have to pay their tax?  (Read 4307 times)
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:51:01 PM

if the government requires tax payments to bitcoin holders, maybe the crypto community can become more popular because the government has taken part by giving specific rules to bitcoin users and of course behind all that there must be a good side and a bad side
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

We have to pay different types of taxes of different holdings.  One of the important is income tax.  And if we are earning while trading; bitcoin we will have to pay tax.

If you are having any property; in many countries we have to pay property tax.

Just by holding bitcoin is not taxable.
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:02:18 PM

Even if the state of any country wants to take the tax they can not because the network is anonymous.

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

Buy bitcoin to pay taxes. I have not heard about this. And I think it will not be possible. Because bitcoin in Vietnam is not accepted by the government. We invest in every bitcoin we incur. I have been holding a bitcoin for a few years now.
Will never happen, its decentralized and transactions are unknown, they will never detect it, the companies who operate or own token or exchanges are those who only can pay tax, the holder will not.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
tusharsppt1996

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:13:34 PM

Buy bitcoin to pay taxes. I have not heard about this. And I think it will not be possible. Because bitcoin in Vietnam is not accepted by the government. We invest in every bitcoin we incur. I have been holding a bitcoin for a few years now.
Will never happen, its decentralized and transactions are unknown, they will never detect it, the companies who operate or own token or exchanges are those who only can pay tax, the holder will not.
Yes
This is decentralized and not govern by any government. Now SEC really want that close to secure taxes but using crypto is like peer to peer operation that should not be restricted strictly with taxes. On the other hand they already impose charges fee, taxes on exchanger where bitcoin and other coins are being transacted. Only the equivalent charges should be checked if imposed properly by Government by any chance they have sovereign power on crypto hopefully never. This will result to chaos and bias decision.
cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:20:01 PM

I like it more, paying taxes is a good thing and can make the country better, if the country wants to get tax from bitcoin then the first thing to do is the state must legalize and accept bitcoin as an official commodity.
Satoshi Nakamoto invented bitcoin as an anonymous payment method. First, the state will have to identify the owners of purses!
But this is impossible!
nguyenthanhvien

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:53:05 PM

I think this is very difficult to control. Because of BTC or other crypto you can not know who owns, or what transactions they do. So I find this to be unfeasible.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:25:15 AM

I like it more, paying taxes is a good thing and can make the country better, if the country wants to get tax from bitcoin then the first thing to do is the state must legalize and accept bitcoin as an official commodity.
Satoshi Nakamoto invented bitcoin as an anonymous payment method. First, the state will have to identify the owners of purses!
But this is impossible!
There are developers of bitcoin and they can implement something to bitcoin that can help the officials or authorities to be able to remove that anonymity and that will help a lot for the big countries to gain trust and believe in bitcoin because they will be able to track someone's wallet with the help of the developers of bitcoin.
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:09:51 AM

What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??
Maybe the expansion of BTC community will get low than usual.

That is impossible to happen. No one can say or control what they want to happen in the holder of bitcoin or other crypto currency. Even government don't have rights to do that. We don't know who are the other creator of other crypto currencies.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:10:26 AM

I think this is very difficult to control. Because of BTC or other crypto you can not know who owns, or what transactions they do. So I find this to be unfeasible.
it is like that, but if the government already has a policy, i think they will build a system, like in Japan, by paying employee salaries using bitcoin, of course they have already been taxed

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 04:46:05 AM

The only type of tax that a Bitcoin holder can be legally asked to pay is the wealth tax. If your net wealth is more than the threshold, then you may be asked to pay anywhere from 0.1% to 1% of that as wealth tax every year.
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:55:00 AM

Bitcoin holders are paying taxes when they are using for transaction and i think that if further more taxes start then the bitcoin usage will be minimum and bitcoin holders have to wait for the price rise and use it for further transaction.

babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:13:08 AM

What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??

If that happens or applies it means Bitcoin will become centralize not decentralize anymore. Because, tax was being apply only in centralization

system, but as long as Bitcoin is decentralize it will never be happen that Bitcoin holders will give tax into our government.
salita23

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:10:12 PM

They can't force us to pay taxes per month or years. Bitcoin are not involve ofany governement activities and that's the reason why they can't force us to pay taxes. Bitcoin runs more that 5 years without government help.
Ng93

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:48:37 PM

I don't agree that's right. I think we should tax those who speculate on the stock exchange. Those who trade are traders. They have to pay tax. However, traders can say that they are just ordinary holders and they do not trade anything. It's a very difficult question...
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:31:44 AM

There are going to be two answers to that in one hand I think there is going to be a significant part of the community that will try to avoid paying those taxes in a legal way, this is especially true for those that are holding lots of bitcoins, but for the people that are holding very little bitcoin and that cannot pay expensive lawyers it is very likely that they will end up paying their taxes.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:53:08 AM

In my own opinion, the investors of cryptocurrency will decrease because there are more people who are going to hate their own government, since government just want to milk money from their own people.
Your comment doesn't really make a lot of sense, the user of cryptocurrencies is most the time at least someone that is not so happy with the way things are being managed by the government of his country, so if more people are dissatisfied with the way things are run in their countries then this only means that we are going to get more adopters of cryptocurrencies not less.
uncukarambie

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:19:40 AM

I think what will happen is that many investors who believe in Bitcoin can participate in this and many who will know Bitcoin, Bitcoin will become very popular and in demand by everyone
jiya jaena

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:47:38 AM

I think the tax imposition on the exchange is enough to increase government revenue, there is no need to tax the holders, this will give investors a negative trust for bitcoin
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:06:33 AM

I am personally ready to pay the taxes if my government insist me to do so. Ever if the government starts asking fir taxes for bitcoins means that they would also legalise them and it would actually expand the empire for bitcoins. That would be a great news and several peoples would then get into bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: