Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:53:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone 5 phones destroyed in protest against Apple's anti-Bitcoin actions  (Read 9751 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:56:41 PM

This is why you buy an Android phone. The Nexus is a great choice.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:57:20 PM

Is this the bad news that is contributing to BTC dropping today?  The article about Apple dropping the blockchain app said is was at random and it had been on the app store for over a year now...not sure what to think

And yes I would say move to android, I switched to a Samsung and think it is 10 times better than my old 4s
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:58:23 PM

Is this the bad news that is contributing to BTC dropping today?  The article about Apple dropping the blockchain app said is was at random and it had been on the app store for over a year now...not sure what to think
Most likely no. There isn't just enough fiat flowing for the daily BTC supply at this price (at the moment).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:01:24 PM

I'm sure Apple is just shaking in their boots at the five people that smashed their iphones.

That's about as effective a threatening Theymos with boycotting Bitcointalk for any number of reasons.

~BCX~

7 now and one was sniped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQZTAJ2KLk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:02:09 PM

Seriously guys?

What we know is Apple does not want these apps in their store.

What we do not know is why.

I'm sorry to report that there are indeed legitimate reasons why someone may not wish to distribute a thing to customers, and those reasons may have you feeling like a caveman once known. Maybe their lawyers won't let them, maybe laws have something to do with it, maybe the code is flawed, maybe the owners are about to be Shrem'd, maybe Steve Jobs was Satoshi. Who knows wtf?

Maybe I'm wrong though. Best to keep smashing your phones, just in case.

FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:12:35 PM

People! Stop supporting financial terrorists with your video terrorism! Just imagine how terrorised Apple must be right now. When someone, anyone, calls the "T" word you have to stop or go to financial Guantanamo*.
This is not terrorism. I own my phone, I can do with it whatever I want and nobody can stop me. (a plus, I'm not in the US)
This is great, if I had more money I'd definitely do a run like this.
+1 for the project.

Apple has clearly shown their stance towards Bitcoin by removing the app.

Didn't you read page 1 of the thread? Wink or... more worryingly... is satire dead? Seriously, is it this bad that someone will take such a statement as anything less than satire?

I see this recent move by Apple as pivotal.  Apple can no longer even pretend to be the "bad boy," they are no longer cool.  The videos of young people destroying their iPhones in exchange for free Nexus 5's just adds fuel to the social movement we are witnessing.  

There's a saying that you either die young as a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.  Perhaps this will mark the day that this became true for Apple too.  

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward.”Apple, Inc., 1984 ad campaign

Genius!

Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:15:21 PM

Guys take a few minutes to share your opinion with apple: https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/ .
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

Seriously guys?

I'm sorry to report that there are indeed legitimate reasons why someone may not wish to distribute a thing to customers, and those reasons may have you feeling like a caveman once known. Maybe their lawyers won't let them, maybe laws have something to do with it, maybe the code is flawed, maybe the owners are about to be Shrem'd, maybe Steve Jobs was Satoshi. Who knows wtf?

http://www.coindesk.com/venture-capitalists-bitcoin-companies-react-apple-blockchain-ban/

The second motive Allaire suggests is that Apple wishes to cordon off and gain a position of advantage in the digital payments space. He said:

“Apple’s iBeacon and Bluetooth protocols are very clearly designed for payments. Those two things are proprietary – no one can use them, and I think it’s very clear that Apple is planning to introduce its own digital wallet.” ... it will maintain an advantage in digital payments by blocking bitcoin apps that can be used for sending and receiving funds.

“When the iPhone came out and Google wanted to launch Google Voice as an app on iOS, Apple banned it and wouldn’t approve any voice apps. The FCC then took action.”
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:21:57 PM

Seriously guys?

http://www.coindesk.com/venture-capitalists-bitcoin-companies-react-apple-blockchain-ban/

The second motive Allaire suggests is that Apple wishes to cordon off and gain a position of advantage in the digital payments space. He said:

“Apple’s iBeacon and Bluetooth protocols are very clearly designed for payments. Those two things are proprietary – no one can use them, and I think it’s very clear that Apple is planning to introduce its own digital wallet.” ... it will maintain an advantage in digital payments by blocking bitcoin apps that can be used for sending and receiving funds.

“When the iPhone came out and Google wanted to launch Google Voice as an app on iOS, Apple banned it and wouldn’t approve any voice apps. The FCC then took action.”

So you think because Apple wouldn't allow Google Voice, this is the same thing? You must live in a very repetitive and predictable world.

My point isn't that Apple can do no wrong. It's that not all things that you don't understand are wrong.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:22:51 PM

Guys take a few minutes to share your opinion with apple: https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/ .

I just sent dick pics

Teka

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:25:03 PM

I just sent dick pics

Might work.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

Mostly black

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:26:43 PM

Didn't you read page 1 of the thread? Wink or... more worryingly... is satire dead? Seriously, is it this bad that someone will take such a statement as anything less than satire?
No sir, I certainly have not.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
d2dtk

Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:27:31 PM

I have never and will never use any iProducts there are too many restrictions and their products are always less comparable to other competitors such as Samsung.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:28:13 PM

Let's piss on their grave

FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:31:17 PM

Done! Thanks for the heads up. Lets flood them!
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:34:29 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 04:56:12 PM by bitpop

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

Jason Bored's Video Contest to re-make Apple's iconic 1984 ad is picking up steam.  The CEO of Blockchain.info donated 0.5 BTC and the prize jackpot has now risen to 1.25 BTC (~$1,000). 

Reddit post:  http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x6cpd/think_different_about_bitcoin_contest_to_reedit/

Apple's Ad:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rwsuXHA7RA

Jackpot address: https://blockchain.info/address/1MUjMagjPKb9oHn3jsKv1KWPtApHF6ESBG

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Teka

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:47:16 PM

I also wrote the following email to the UK Managing Director:

First of I would like to say that I'm sixteen years old and like many I have been inspired by your company. I have taken the time to tell you my personal opinion on apples recent actions.

Here is the problem, something at Apple has changed. After Steve Jobs passed away , the ethics and views of the company seemed to change. Don't get me wrong Tim Cook is a great CEO but the recent action Apple has taken worries me a lot.

In the History of Apple, there have been times of prosperity and trouble. Make this a period or prosperity, accept Bitcoin. Embrace the technology. Accepting Bitcoin could be the greatest PR stunt in the History of the company.

Remember, Think Differently. What happened to the Iconic Think Different AD? Remember "Those who are crazy enough to think they will change the world are the ones who do" Satoshi (Creator of Bitcoin) is the crazy one. The community behind Bitcoin is strong and will support those who embrace the technology.

Bitcoin has changed my life and inspired me to do many great things. My parents aren't millionaires they are your average middle class people. They always told me that I have to be independent and Bitcoin helped me with that. It taught me the basics of economics and it inspired me to do the subject at A Level. The point that I'm trying to make here is that just like Apple, Bitcoin changes lives.

Take one look at the community and you will realize that everyone is disappointed with your reaction to Bitcoin. The general consensus is that Apple needs to change.

Thanks for your time,

(NAME)

P.S: Remember Think Different
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:52:36 PM

Apple already does what it wants, which (like any corporation out there) is what it thinks will maximize its profits. Thanks to some ingenious marketing that has built it a very loyal fanbase, Apple is able to ignore its customers' best interest by selling them crippled products at higher prices, just because they are "cool" to own. Their strategy is not to give customers the best value when they buy an Apple product, but to lock them inside the Apple ecosystem by creating devices that don't play well with others and using other anti-competitive measures, including banning Bitcoin, which they see as a threat to the status quo.

Isn't that a strong parallel with the banking and other cartels that Bitcoin is up against? What would you say if someone paid the expenses for a bunch of people who otherwise might not afford to destroy their credit cards, close their bank accounts and switch to Bitcoin, and did that publicly to raise awareness? I think that's a legitimate course of action that does not directly harm the big guys, but might make them stop and think if they perceive a threat to their profit margin.

The comparison you made with the banking system is just nonsense.

TL;DR Apple is not "terrorized" by broken phones, but negative attention and the threat of lost business is what could make them rethink their strategy, and that's one of the few ways (and a legitimate one) for a small group of customers to try to influence a huge corporation.

The only entity which is having negative attention due this stunt are the fanatical idiots which thinks Bitcoin is some kind of new religion. I am certain that Apple will not review their business strategies because some clowns decided to show off to the whole world they are able to destroy Apple products.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: