Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is here to stay or ethereum overtakes in the market?  (Read 534 times)
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:04:08 AM

im fully aware that ethereum got some moves and that others are saying that
it will overtake bitcoin in marketcap and will take the top spot
but im pretty sure that bitcoin will remain on top and ethereum will be the second largest only
what are your views regarding this , just want to know what your thinking
give us a thumbs up if you like this topic
in my view there's a big difference between both crypto currency "btc and ethereum" if we compare both value , which is even there's a worst situation for me there's still no potential of ethereum to over take bitcoin . And in fact bitcoin value will remain expensive and on top of all currency in the future no matter what happen in the market because of having strong support after the dips . So it's a totally impossible.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:12:14 AM

Ethereum is the best platform in crypto market so they lead altcoins. But Bitcoin is a unique platform because Ethereum also depends on Bitcoin so this will always rule the crypto platform. May be both are equally raise in the future but never beat the Bitcoin market cap. So surely Ethereum will not overtakes in Bitcoin.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
barsametu01

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:07:24 PM

Bitcoin is the 1st cryptocurrency that arrived in the market and still ranks 1st among all other cryptos in the market.Ethereum has great potentials and it gained popularity in so little time. Let's see what happens.
mary_55

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:07:50 PM

Bitcoin and ethereum is the best two crypto currency in the market. But if we compare with both of then I think bitcoin is better than ethereum because bitcoin is less risky than ethereum. Bitcoins price fluctuation limit is also lower than ethereum.
TonyCharls

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:58:52 AM

Bitcoin will be the one ruling the market because of its limited number in supply.  So in the future, their demand will plummet instead of falling. If the question is about etherium vs bitcoin, it is safe to say that bitcoin is there in crypto currency for the a long time.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:05:18 AM

Indeed. There are not as many followers of the ETH as bitcoin is having currently. It is always said that BTC will keep gaining more and more dominance over the market as the time will keep passing over. BTC is always preferred currency for its safety and security. Off course its value is what mostly appreciated by investors. They know, BTC has power to overcome any down trend in very short terms however ETH is weak in that term and thus may not fulfil the needs in the future for investors. Thats why I believe ETH can not overtake BTC at all.
the bitcoin having an npt good performance now.but because of this expensive price the bitcoin will rising up easily even though it fluctuates. also, the bitcoin is the preferred coin in many country. not only the country but in the online shop. in short bitcoin is very powerful. so I doubt that the ethereum can overtake the bitcoin. yeah,we can say that the ethereum is one of the most stable coins but we know that the price is not expensive as bitcoin. it is affordable but this price cannot allowed by the investor to become number one in the industry of cryptocurrency.
duchaitp

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:14:26 AM

but im pretty sure that bitcoin will remain on top and ethereum will be the second largest only

This is very unlikely. If ETH = 0.2BTC then its total capital is more than BTC. So, I just hope the price of ETH = 0.2BTC is too good already.
Jacata98

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:49:29 AM

I also believe that bitcoin will hold its position in the market as the leader. When its price fall, most likely all the coins drops. And it will continue its temper over all the alt coins.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:50:21 AM

Yes bitcoin will stay because people do believe in its capacity as the most valuable coins in crypto currency and ethereum i think is the next because it is becoming popular but for its not yet the time that it can surpass bitcoin.
mrhood

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:35:44 AM

In my opinion BTC will be the second one later as a background and ETH could take its place. But it will be possible not in the nearest time.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

Bitcoin domination is happening for almost nine years and this newbie coin wanna claim that they will took over the top coin just like that,do you think this is possible?and do you think this easy they can make such powerful moves?

No they wont look at the market cap cant you see how huge is the percentage bitcoin having almost half of the market volume.no bitcoin will be number one forever
kinggta10

Activity: 144
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:14:00 PM

Bitcoin will be No1 because has limited max supply = 21M and now 17M is circulating so price will rise up in future.
Etherium has unlimited supply and small chances to grow up because no deficit.
A very great point
SeNeor

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:16:15 PM

I strongly agree with you that bitcoin will remain the best crypto and it is here to stay. Ethereum is also a very good coin but it cannot overtake bitcoin because the bitcoin worth more than its value.
carles enck3

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:25:14 PM

now, Ethereum quietly rose to restore position in second place last week was displaced by Ripple based on Coinmarketcap. And based on data taken from Bitcoin.co.id, Ethereum experienced significant price increases, and indicated the condition of the heavily traded market volumes,for to see bitcoin prices may not be impossible for ethereum..right now.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:09:57 PM

For now i feel btc will stay superior hands down because eth has alot of catching to do if it wants to be #1 which means they need to upgrade their blockchain so that it will be faster to send.
XinXan

Merit: 505

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:32:45 PM

ethereum is too broken to be able to overtake anything in this market. its market capitalization is huge because it is fake. it has more than 70 million coins in premine which is contributing to about $35 billion of fake market cap and then there is the fact that ETH is currently pumped and is in a bubble. if the bubble bursts we should see another $40 of its market cap vanish and it go back down to $5 billion market cap. if then you remove the fake premine supply you will have a $3 billion market cap coin which is the real value of ETH at less than $100

Fake? Pre mine is fake to you? Ethereum conducted an ICO and the devs got money thanks to the pre-mine, it doesn't mean it's fake. Plenty of coins have pre-mine. Bubble? What bubble, the market already crashed, are you living in 2017? The real value of ETH should be much higher simply because so many tokens depend on it.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:45:02 PM

ethereum is too broken to be able to overtake anything in this market. its market capitalization is huge because it is fake. it has more than 70 million coins in premine which is contributing to about $35 billion of fake market cap and then there is the fact that ETH is currently pumped and is in a bubble. if the bubble bursts we should see another $40 of its market cap vanish and it go back down to $5 billion market cap. if then you remove the fake premine supply you will have a $3 billion market cap coin which is the real value of ETH at less than $100

Fake? Pre mine is fake to you? Ethereum conducted an ICO and the devs got money thanks to the pre-mine, it doesn't mean it's fake. Plenty of coins have pre-mine. Bubble? What bubble, the market already crashed, are you living in 2017? The real value of ETH should be much higher simply because so many tokens depend on it.

I agree with you that the real value of ethereum should be higher as 80 to 90% of the token on the market uses ethereum Blockchain. But as per OP topic I think ethereum will not overtake Bitcoin. Bitcoin have total supply of 21 million out of with 17.2 million have Been in circulation and still 3.8 million of Bitcoin still to be mined.

cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:48:15 PM

Probably in the future,ethereum will find its way to the top i do not believe in bitcoin but i do believe in the blockchain technology.Ethereum is very undervalued on its current position in the market,take note most of the ICOs are using ethereum blockchain.

XinXan

Merit: 505

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:46:21 AM

I agree with you that the real value of ethereum should be higher as 80 to 90% of the token on the market uses ethereum Blockchain. But as per OP topic I think ethereum will not overtake Bitcoin. Bitcoin have total supply of 21 million out of with 17.2 million have Been in circulation and still 3.8 million of Bitcoin still to be mined.

Looking at it based on supply only is meaningless. What matters to me is the real value of the token/coin. Honestly bitcoin itself doesn't have much intrinsic value right now, you can use it as a store of value but it's extremely volatile.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:54:38 AM

I don't think Bitcoin would be the number 1 forever in the market. Ethereum is also a great player in the market, which is coming second to bitcoin right now. Ethereum may surpass bitcoin because of the services it offers and it is considered to be more stable than bitcoin. However, these two are not just the main players in the market. Take into account NEO, EOS, Ripple, and a lot more. All these coins have different projects and objectives, and it is really a competition between their values and stability.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: