Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is here to stay or ethereum overtakes in the market?  (Read 534 times)
alfonshudding

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:15:04 PM

I think Bitcoin still has a long road ahead, it's value and reliability as a cryptoucurrency is still stable and it seems like it is the most trustworthy, while ethereum is too but is preferred to be a platform.
velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:17:26 PM

im fully aware that ethereum got some moves and that others are saying that
it will overtake bitcoin in marketcap and will take the top spot
but im pretty sure that bitcoin will remain on top and ethereum will be the second largest only
what are your views regarding this , just want to know what your thinking
give us a thumbs up if you like this topic
bitcoin will stay in the top position and ethereum is in second position, this is because bitcoin is now a coin that has high popularity, so I think ethereum will continue to grow but still below bitcoin level.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
mbally

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:17:50 PM

I don't think ethereum will over take bitcoin in the market cap, if ethereum happens to be the only smart contract platform then it could have been possible but ethereum share the market with other smart contract platform, so that will make bitcoin to always top the market.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:28:59 PM

but im pretty sure that bitcoin will remain on top and ethereum will be the second largest only

As of now Bitcoin is still dominate cryptocurrencies price and altcoins are also still an alternative coin in crypto industry , in terms of popularity and the value, Bitcoin is the first name to remember of the people in crypto world , so I think there's no chance that ETH or any altcoins will overtake BTC .
cerberus5424

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:53:03 PM

I think that Bitcoin will remain the king of cryptocurrency for a long time. I think that Ethereum is a good coin and it has a chance to overtake Bitcoin, but this will not happen in the next 2 - 3 years.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:04:11 PM

If ethereum could overtake bitcoin don't you think it should have happened already? And since it has not happened I think we can safely say that it will not happen, there are many competitors coming that could take some of the market cap away from ethereum and that will be the final blow for the aspirations of the ethereum developers and those holding ethereum to take down bitcoin from the top spot.
chamika888

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:41:29 AM

I have also noticed the decrease of Bitcoin dominance and the subsequent increase of Ethereum's market cap and price in general (think past few weeks). I do hope that an increase in Ethereum interest will not be a detriment to the Bitcoin market cap and price as I have noticed that drops in Bitcoin price tend to echo through the whole cryptocurrency market and cause all prices to lower.
joey alexander

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:12:23 PM

Analysts have developed a term to categorize a time at which Ethereum overtakes Bitcoin in terms of market capitalization, as some cryptocurrency followers have expected to happen. "The Flippening" refers to this shift in dominance in the field and, some say, may indicate a permanent shift in which Bitcoin steps out of the spotlight in the cryptocurrency world.The Flippening could occur for a number of reasons. Bitcoin has long been the most dominant cryptocurrency, but it also suffers from significant problems of scaling which have threatened to dismantle the entire cryptocurrency system. Ethereum, on the other hand, having been developed much more recently, may have been able to anticipate some of the issues that Bitcoin's creators did not when they first programmed the code a decade ago. In doing so, Ethereum, could find itself in a better position for long-term growth than Bitcoin.
The Scorpion

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:29:08 PM

Bitcoin has been on fire and unstoppable as more and more merchants start to adopt bitcoins. However, Ethereum has been surging much more wildly as it builds an eco-system for software developers to add more blockchain apps to expand and improve it. More importantly, the short-term wild price surge has been supported by ICOs using Ethereum.As more ICOs join the race to make mega millions, Ethereum will go much higher. Have a  possibility to overtake Bitcoin by market cap.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:42:22 PM

A lot of speculation has been made on the Bitcoin vs Ethereum race.

And the only thing i'm certain is that no one can be certain.  Given the undeniable fact that the economy of cryptocurrency remains largely volatile, any coin can tumble down anytime and any coin can shoot up to the moon with no restrictions.

Yet again, demand will usually dictate the value of one, i think bitcoin will remain on top for a bit more longer period of time.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:55:31 AM

On my mind all things will stay on its places and it wouldn't be too dufficult to used to work with it for users who just started to work in cryptocurrency field. In my mind it would be quite simple.
ondabeat

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:16:56 AM

It could be said Bitcoin is here to remain as number one cryptocurrency. Ethereum will be the second, of course, the value of Bitcoin compared to other altcoins seems to be decreasing, that's because the cryptocurrency world is increasing exponentially every day.
Accts4u2

Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:41:57 AM

Bitcoin really is here to stay. It will dominate the market for a long time to come and ethereum will just remain a second behind it. Even though the ethereum blockchain is very good and there is alot of adoption that seems to be going on with the project, there is no way that the coin can catch up with bitcoin, it will take it years to get to the point that bitcoin is now.

ttg43

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:00:01 AM

People who do not believe in bitcoin, criticize it by calling a bubble which is about to burst. This is really funny. Some people say bitcoin is died. They don't understand bitcoin is here to stay and live long rather than to die.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

People who do not believe in bitcoin, criticize it by calling a bubble which is about to burst. This is really funny. Some people say bitcoin is died. They don't understand bitcoin is here to stay and live long rather than to die.
Some do that in order to create FUD but some do it out of ignorance, they do not understand why anyone would like to use gold or bitcoin as their currency when according to them fiat works so well, but they will understand eventually when the biggest crisis in history hit us but by then it will be too late and they will be the ones crying for a redistribution of the wealth gotten by bitcoin and gold investors.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:17:26 AM

Ethereum can't overtake Bitcoin because Bitcocin is the parent of all cryptocurencies.

Ethereum also learned from the existence of Bitcoin, and you can see now if Bitcoin rises, altcoins also rises in price.
If Bitcoin falls in price then Altcoin spun down the price.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
letsfly

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:19:04 AM

Bitcoin is the father of all coins and the market cap is too far from eth. I dont think it will be take over by ethereum.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 02:24:02 AM

I just don't see anyway that bitcoin can last longer than one more year.
It's just too old and has too many problems.
Global markets would never use a tech that is slow, expensive, and resource consuming when there are better options out there.

I think last year december really showed btc's limitations.
It hasn't even come close to being used mainstream yet and at it's all time high, the blockchain was basically unusable.
At it's peak in early January, we were looking at $20 transaction fees and hours of confirmation time.

On top of that, the btc blockchain consumes more energy to maintain than some small countries.
It's just simply unsustainable.

Naturally, it looks like eth is set to overtake btc eventually.
But a year from now, I think we will see two to three dominant coins rather than just one.

Sadyshagg

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:08:13 AM

Bitcoin, certainly, still has a lot of room for improvement, but with initiatives such as the Lighting Network, among others, it shows that there is a will to improve the currency.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:16:56 AM

I just don't see anyway that bitcoin can last longer than one more year.
It's just too old and has too many problems.
Global markets would never use a tech that is slow, expensive, and resource consuming when there are better options out there.

I think last year december really showed btc's limitations.
It hasn't even come close to being used mainstream yet and at it's all time high, the blockchain was basically unusable.
At it's peak in early January, we were looking at $20 transaction fees and hours of confirmation time.

On top of that, the btc blockchain consumes more energy to maintain than some small countries.
It's just simply unsustainable.

Naturally, it looks like eth is set to overtake btc eventually.
But a year from now, I think we will see two to three dominant coins rather than just one.
Can't deny the fact that there's a lots of negative side in terms of usabilities of this coin, but being overthrowned by another project which still relying from the popularity of Bitcoin will still be another question, time can only tell if things will happen any soon.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀