Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:58:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do people dump tokens below ICO price and how can this be stopped?  (Read 1022 times)
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:58:29 PM

Recently, a lot of ICOs are getting hit by people dumping tokens below ICO price. Some attribute the cause to bounty hunters while others blame it on excess pre-sale bonus. Who do you think is responsible and how can this be prevented?
Investors itself. I will ask you this, what is your primary motive when you do make investment with ICO or projects? Im sure most investors would definitely say up for "Profits" and only a few would able to tell that they do support the project because of its concept and its potential. Therefore, most of them would dump out no matter what would be the price. Pre-sale investors will definitely took advantage on this one since they do have the biggest bonus on that particular time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anandhi

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

Recently, a lot of ICOs are getting hit by people dumping tokens below ICO price. Some attribute the cause to bounty hunters while others blame it on excess pre-sale bonus. Who do you think is responsible and how can this be prevented?
Investors itself. I will ask you this, what is your primary motive when you do make investment with ICO or projects? Im sure most investors would definitely say up for "Profits" and only a few would able to tell that they do support the project because of its concept and its potential. Therefore, most of them would dump out no matter what would be the price. Pre-sale investors will definitely took advantage on this one since they do have the biggest bonus on that particular time.

Yes most investors indeed find only profits. When they think they already got good profit they will sell for profit. Earlier investors and bounty hunters are the people behind the dump I guess.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:14:26 PM

There is no solution to this. Most of the ico do a bounty campaign which gives many users on this forum a lot's of token, for them they don't care about the project future nor they care for the ico price. As soon as it get's listed they straight away dump it and any price which causes a panic and all investors start dumping it
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:33:50 AM

We are not entirely entitled to blame the bounty hunters, as they also market the coins until ICO successfully enters the Exchange.

Probably as good as his Developer Team can minimize the bonus given to Bounty Hunter, because just in case of something like this.
ICO Team and Developer = 99%
Bounty Hunters = 1%
Bianxee

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:54:16 AM

It cant be avoided any token or coin will dump but lower in the ico is in demand its both presale and bounty. If i am a presale investor and i have a profit in current price while i saw there are not much demand i would sell as well of being a bounty if i sense a dump i will sell but if it was high with support then both of them will hodl.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
calya

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:54:46 AM

It cant be avoided any token or coin will dump but lower in the ico is in demand its both presale and bounty. If i am a presale investor and i have a profit in current price while i saw there are not much demand i would sell as well of being a bounty if i sense a dump i will sell but if it was high with support then both of them will hodl.
i think investor that dump their token or coin after listing to market ,is not real investor.they just become dump and pump player.if they doing this regularly their asset value will decrease lot.
aliraza6663

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:13:22 AM

This is good for the market. Seems the majority of buyers are flippers anyways, so this should stop them from flipping. ICOs are getting hurt duo to constant flipping (even legit ICOs). Every time I join slack or discord people try to list those coins into more exchanges to create a pump or try to shill to pump it. Hopefully this will end.
maninas

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:34:47 PM

it can not be prevented or stopped Most of the bounty hunter is not a trader, we can not stop them from selling their bounty result because some bounty hunters just want money fast no matter how much they earn because they are not traders who can hold coin in long term, the cause could be because their bounty made their main income causing to receive a salary quickly in terms of selling when listed in the market, but this does not apply to bounty hunter who is also a trader they must choose the project they follow and see the potential from the coin that caused them to hold the coin for a long time and of course the bounty was just their side so it didn't burden them
YCryptos

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:19:40 PM

The one who receives the big bonuses during the ICO invests a lot of money into the project. Members of the bounty receive a maximum of 1-2% of the sold tokens. Therefore, the sharp decline in prices is influenced by people who bought coins at a low price.
rez303

Activity: 338

StartFi

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:25:46 PM

The one who receives the big bonuses during the ICO invests a lot of money into the project. Members of the bounty receive a maximum of 1-2% of the sold tokens. Therefore, the sharp decline in prices is influenced by people who bought coins at a low price.
All ICO projects after the end will distribute tokens to everyone. After being listed on the exchange and the price of the token will depend on the market trend. Very ICO projects have failed because the token price has dropped 10 times the ICO price

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:31:53 PM

Well obviously the people selling are the ones who told you how great their coin was. ICO is a synonym for scam. The alt was never actually worth anything. No one knows that better than the people who create ICOs. Which is why they sell them to get bitcoin. The whole process is about getting bitcoin, because bitcoin is worth something.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:38:14 PM

Do you really suppose that bounty hunters are so strong to affect in prices sufficiently? I do not think so. Of course, bounty hunters usually decrease prices a little by selling their tokens and coins but I am absolutely sure that they are not able to manipulate prices significantly. Look at major altcoin, nearly all of them are in stagnation or downtrend but it is evidently that bounty hunters cannot lead the major altcoins downstairs because they do not have an enough capital. Consequently, the bearish state of market is the reason why altcoins are going down. I think we should not blame bounty hunters because they are so "small" traders to affect on market significantly.

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:45:09 PM

Most of the token now who are already listed to the market are below to the ICO price. They have a lot of reason I think like other bounty hunters if they got token and listed they sell it and the price dump and other reason is the investor because they want to earn profit.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:45:24 AM

Once the ICO tokens are being listed on crypto exchange/s, we can't avoid the situation where the bounty hunters and airdrop participants sell their tokens in a price lower than the ICO status. We can't blame them if they will do it because they are the one who worked for those tokens as a rewards. I think in order to avoid it, is we must regulate the tokens they must sell.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:16:14 PM

I think its because these people are afraid to keep them for long term and dropping them straight away and its also a way to make quick but sure cash.
lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:47:07 PM

Selling of tokens by bounty hunters right after they received it from ICO is uncontrollable even if it is below the ICO price. They are maybe afraid that the price might go down further that's why they are selling all their tokens for a sure money. Thus, for me dumping of tokens can't be stopped.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

I think its because these people are afraid to keep them for long term and dropping them straight away and its also a way to make quick but sure cash.

its either they are afraid or they dont care what is the price of the coin they are holding. It is is not about the pre sale it is really about the bounty hunters who dump their coin whatever that reason is, bounty hunters are those who dont care what the price of the coin they are holding in the market.
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

Yes alot of tokens now that tradeable on the market going down to below ICO price , even token that has working product and listed on the biggest exchange. I dont know what the reason but i think this happening cause the market crash, and should be the team developer take responsibility with buy back program and burn the tokens to reduce the supply  that token so the price has potential to going up.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:45:16 PM

I do not understand why blame the bounty hunters. It is the guilt of all those involved, including the project managers. The law of supply and demand applies. If the project is not a potential one and the potential investors do not trust the project team, they certainly will not invest. So reward hunters are forced to sell their rewards because they have worked and want to choose with some money. After all, time and work mean money.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
agadafreeman

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:51:43 PM

The blame on bounty hunters is becoming too much. Do you think of whales at all? Bounty hunters in all only hold at most 2% of the total supply which will not significantly drop the price below ICO. Stopping it is impossible as people feel insecure when it comes to their investments in crtpro space.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: