Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do people dump tokens below ICO price and how can this be stopped?  (Read 1022 times)
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:46:32 AM

Recently, a lot of ICOs are getting hit by people dumping tokens below ICO price. Some attribute the cause to bounty hunters while others blame it on excess pre-sale bonus. Who do you think is responsible and how can this be prevented?
As long as most of the coins are given to bounty hunters and as bonuses this is going to keep happening, if the coins were sold at whatever price the public was willing to pay for them we will not have such problems but since that is not the case then this is something you will need to get used to or you will have to avoid investing in icos for the time being.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:18:45 AM

It can't stop if big investors hold their token and dump all their tokens. I think the price of tokens in the market they holding on the price and dependent of it.
it is sometimes due to bounty hunters as well investors that once the project listed in exchanges they easily withdraw it. And we can't control them doing it so.
Investors over the years have always noticed that bounty hunters always get to dump their tokens at any time or chance they get to see, and monitoring the way things tend to go pretty fast these days, I will rather assume that investors are actually the ones who already dumped most of their tokens, and then set a lower price to buy for the bounty hunters.

It is actually a sad thing because a lot of bounty hunters actually do not have what it basically takes to at least be able to know the content of what they are participating in, some don't care about the future, let alone, care to know what the ICO price was, and in such scenario, they always get to make horrible mistakes selling hugely at loss. All the same, it is the market, as some are selling; some are actually seeing bonuses and buying from the weak hands.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

Better if most of the bounty hunters once they get their tokens they will hold their token even they listed already in the market. Maybe they hold only few months of holding and it's your choice if you want hold more or sell.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:41:12 PM

Most of the problems really aren't people dumping other than maybe a few bounty hunters... its just on low liquidity DEX's its easy for bots to wash trade (trade amongst each other to wash the price down..).. this causes noobs to capitulate and panic sell while big players accumulate at insanely low prices.. I honestly don't think this can be stopped until DEX's find a way to have more liquidity or centralized exchanges quit charging such high prices for listings.
Reading through the thread, I can see a lot of people blaming the bounty hunters for dumping their tokens, but in the whole market considering that very few of the bounty hunters will actually be dumping and only about 1 to 2% of the total amount is usually allocated to bounty, I doubt, if bounty hunters can have much effect.

The main culprit are the big investors that got huge bonuses, and they are surely always quick to sell to drive out the weak hands which in this case, the bounty hunters are always the weak hands and a lot of these bounty hunters you guys are talking about even sell at loss, since they even do not always care to check the ICO prices anyway.
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:20:35 PM

No single person has any controls over the market, no project has any control over it's tokens have they've been issued to their investors, bounty hunters or 'airdroppers' if there's any word like that. The decision to sell or dump at any price is in the direct purview of the token holder. A project will great prospects will see less token hodlers selling off their bags as they see a future with the project and ultimately the coin.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
jonsky05

Activity: 229
Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:42:46 PM

Recently, a lot of ICOs are getting hit by people dumping tokens below ICO price. Some attribute the cause to bounty hunters while others blame it on excess pre-sale bonus. Who do you think is responsible and how can this be prevented?
No one knows who will the dumper because you can blame every one  who join to that project. And I think it's on the team of the project how will fix the dumps on the market and also it depends to their supply and how project is good.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:30:40 AM

In my opinion, in this bear market bounty hunters and investors are not sure that the price of these coins would rise in near future, they think that the price would come down even further, that's why they are selling their coins.
agatha90

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:33:59 AM

It must be in accordance with the procedures that have been implemented, usually funds for the bounty hunter have been allocated 2% of sales. That in my opinion is very appropriate, because if they pay for advertisements it can require a lot of funds more than the help of the bounty hunters.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:07:27 AM

As long as most of the coins are given to bounty hunters and as bonuses this is going to keep happening, if the coins were sold at whatever price the public was willing to pay for them we will not have such problems but since that is not the case then this is something you will need to get used to or you will have to avoid investing in icos for the time being.
That is the thing here bro! Bonuses given to investors which in some cases we tend to see even as much as 70% which I have seen with one project before, it is really something crazy. Like someone rightly said, when this token eventually hits the market, I am sure investors with huge bonuses and actually got a lot will not even blink an eye and in most cases, since they already know there are some people dumb enough to dump at low prices below ICO price, they really will not mind getting it as down as they can until they know they are even accumulating enough with those bonuses, until there is pretty much no one to sell again and then, we see the price hitting new ATHs, and then some bounty participants wishing they held on to what they had.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:17:23 PM

Without much ado,  I think excessive sales bonus have a part in dump we see on newly listed token.  But there are some other factor also that put token value under water.  The long delay in launch and slow token generation event is also reason for lackluster attitude to token trading!
Actually, it is not about the delay of tokens listing on exchange or whatever you may want to call it as this has been a norm now and this will keep happening until projects stop giving investors huge bonuses and since more investors have seen that there will always be some weak hands in the market which in this case are some of the bounty hunters that really do not always care to know the ICO price and just dump at any price they want, these bonuses from investors alone are enough to get the market tanked and then they set lower prices to buy in more in the long run, which in this case, investors or in this case, the whale investors keep having a swell time.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:08:33 PM

Hunters mostly won't care too much about the future of an ICO project. They will soon sell their tokens as long as there is money they can collect. The same as the ico participants who hunt bonuses. It is hard to prevent it because that is how ICO project work. They needs hunters to spread the project and offer bonuses to attract more people to join.

Arthurian60

Activity: 234
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 09:53:35 AM

It has always been like that for long. ICO sold at high value and traders dump below ICO price. People are scared that if they don't dump very fast, others might dump on their head. It has gone further to stain the purpose of ICO.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:47:50 PM

It has always been like that for long. ICO sold at high value and traders dump below ICO price. People are scared that if they don't dump very fast, others might dump on their head. It has gone further to stain the purpose of ICO.
Not for so long but it is already like a common thing that most investors will really dump their token for securing profits. Theres no surprise on that one yet this is the purpose
of most investors to put up money to earn money when they saw profits but this isn't always the case now because most ICO now tends out to dump its price before it hits on exchangers
which they don't really have any choice but to hold or wait up.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:55:10 PM

Many people have been dumping tokens, as they are not confident how those coins would fare in future. As the market has been in bearish mood for some time, most tokens price dropped sharply after listing on exchanges.
Jahmal32
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 08:08:23 PM

I think just ICO industry is coming to a sunset. This is Possible in the short term. But look for yourself, projects are stamped as socks, and the use of them? Why so many cryptocurrencies, where to use them, any product, from funding bitcoin when the prices of everything are falling and the interest of the people is lost. There is in my opinion a lot of reasons.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:39:59 PM

Many people have been dumping tokens, as they are not confident how those coins would fare in future. As the market has been in bearish mood for some time, most tokens price dropped sharply after listing on exchanges.
Yes.I really see its happening now.But i think it's much better to hold first our tokens for quite some time because there are also chances that their value will also grow higher as time passes by.Selling our tokens right away once we see it is listed on an exchanger is never a good practice i think because it will only contribute to a more dump in price.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:12:09 PM

It must be in accordance with the procedures that have been implemented, usually funds for the bounty hunter have been allocated 2% of sales. That in my opinion is very appropriate, because if they pay for advertisements it can require a lot of funds more than the help of the bounty hunters.
So this means bounty hunters and investors who usually dump tokens below Ico price. Not the only bounty hunters should be responsible for the dump since it is only 2% of the allocated funds of the project. If the project is worth holding mostly many users dont sell their token. So we cannot force everyone to stopped selling.
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:23:44 AM

That's just the speculation of the speculators. They are the most sellers. The bonuses of the bounty hunters are quite low and it only accounts for 2-3% of the total assets of altcoin. So how can it reduce more than 3%?
That is the contribution of the speculators. Bounty hunters have been misunderstood by many people.

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:23:28 AM

Why blame bounty hunters? Common people hunters has no enough power to make a market down for several months, In my humble opinion the ICO owners are the one who dump their tokens Im not saying all but mostly like 80% of the ICO owners are dumping it some recent ICOs has not transparent enough with investors saying they will reach the softcap/hardcap but on the contrary they will dump their own tokens in exchange listings for more money in their own pocket leaving real investors at big loss.   

iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:55:35 AM

Without much ado,  I think excessive sales bonus have a part in dump we see on newly listed token.  But there are some other factor also that put token value under water.  The long delay in launch and slow token generation event is also reason for lackluster attitude to token trading!
I don't think it's just a bounty hunter do that, because developers only allocate a few percent of their total supply for bounties
campaign, so I don't think that the bounty hunter is the one only who dumps
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: