Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:21:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The 502 and 504 errors as well as the "lag" on Cryptsy are deliberate and a SCAM  (Read 6229 times)
drepteck (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:28:11 AM

502 over an HOUR now. Ridiculous. Can you imagine what would happen if E*Trade were down for an hour? People would get fired, sued, heads would roll and the SEC would launch an investigation.
The maintenance thing is bullshit. You know what any normal company or person would do? Launch a clone site and apply the fixes there, then once that's done port it over.
Any software engineer or programmer worth their salt that is applying changes in a live environment knows how to do this, but Big Bird clearly doesn't.
That would only be a 5 minute hiccup at most. What we are seeing now is one of two things, either a scam being played out, or amateur hour in Big Bird's basement.
atta2k15

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:35:10 AM

retard  Cool
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:38:02 AM

I dont suspect cryptsy is doing this deliberately, but then I wouldn't rule it out completely either. Seen so much shonky shit go on over the years. Remember Bitcoinica.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:48:05 AM

Seems to be back up again now.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 12:38:46 PM

Looks like cryptsy is actually DDoSing themselves because of poor implementation. Just open devtools in Chrome and go to network panel. You'll be amazed.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:29:13 PM

just be happy you made it so far, get your money out of Cryptsy before it shuts down for good, sooner or later their servers will be hacked and all the user wallets stolen and cracked, don't wait for that day. It will happen

Any online exchange carries that risk.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:35:14 PM

i lost so much too, they crapped out at every crucial moment on Vertcoin. It's becoming highly suspicious.

Maybe it's all just an unintentional DDOS because everyone trying to place orders at the same time?
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:04:10 PM

I wouldn't defend cryptsy, but I would like to point out cryptos are still relatively new tech. In the early days of online stock exchange, we had very similar issues. The likelyhood that cryptsy's owners are doing something malicious, and risking jail time and a solid business in the U.S. is pretty low. I find it hard to believe they would think they can pull a fast one and get away with it while under this much scrutiny and with this many eyeballs watching.
cthulu1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

502 over an HOUR now. Ridiculous. Can you imagine what would happen if E*Trade were down for an hour? People would get fired, sued, heads would roll and the SEC would launch an investigation.
The maintenance thing is bullshit. You know what any normal company or person would do? Launch a clone site and apply the fixes there, then once that's done port it over.
Any software engineer or programmer worth their salt that is applying changes in a live environment knows how to do this, but Big Bird clearly doesn't.
That would only be a 5 minute hiccup at most. What we are seeing now is one of two things, either a scam being played out, or amateur hour in Big Bird's basement.

Do you have fucking Minitel for an internet connection? Smoke signals? Carrier Pidgeon DSL? Do you even know what a 502/504 error is? It means you're overloading the system servers by making a bunch of page requests every ten seconds so maybe if you just chilled out and waited a few minutes before clicking refresh constantly you'd see some action. Personally, I've never had any problems with my trades, all missing funds have been sorted it out w/ support, and I continue to make a ton of money on cryptsy. It would help if you understood what confirmations are in terms of a crypto network, just saying. But if you feel like you want to pull out of cryptsy just do it and stop bitching, I'm sure the rest of us will have alot better user experience without idiots like you slowing the site down w/ their psuedo-DDoS-retard-clicks. Newsflash -- no exchange is without any of the problems you mentioned. Coinedup is by far slower. And there's a reason most of the prices on coinwarz are from cryptsy -- it's an excellent exchange for what's available. If you look at Mtgox, the supposed #1 exchange, they're in major shit right now and owe 50,000 BTC to customers. That's $43 million dollars. Just to put things in perspective for you, that no exchange is perfect. Deal with it or move on to a new hobby. And advanced tip -- learn how to identify market trends and time your buys/sells rather than frantically trying to jump in on a wave to make 0.0001 BTC.
anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:39:48 PM

Is anyone here able to access www.cryptsy.com ?
I've never seen this level of negligence when handling this much money.
Gov needs to step in and shut trading down and let us withdraw our coins.

Fuck that. If you don't like cryptsy, don't use it. There are plenty of alternatives out there. No need to go crying to big gov because your deposit/withdrawal is taking too long.

Personally, I've never used cryptsy. I read threads like this and think, why bother? Coinedup (yes, it's slow, but good volume), vircurex, and poloniex work fine for me.
jumpmanjay

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:56:21 PM

It's pretty clear that these errors are an intentional manipulation by Cryptsy staff. I had two computers running, both watching a coin being traded. I could see the transactions going through and everything. On my first computer, I hit the refresh button and was slammed with a 504 error saying that the server timed out. Bullshit. On my second computer, I could still see trades being made, and could even place trades myself. I used a Chrome plugin to reload ONLY the graph on my second computer and sure enough it loaded properly, meanwhile my first computer is still spitting out 504 errors. Yesterday Cryptsy added Vertcoin onto their exchange, did NOT announce it via twitter like they usually do with all new additions, and then coincidentally upon trying to login everyone was receiving 502 errors. How convenient that some very few people were able to continue making transactions at this time. Most likely Cryptsy staff. Think about it, you have an exchange, you see who's depositing what and where, you likely can see how many people are watching which page, you have the ability to short sell using everyone's pooled wallets, and the biggest one, you have the ability to delay deposits entirely like what happened with Vertcoin users, they had 250 confirmations and up, which means deliberate manipulation by Cryptsy staff so they can sell their own coins. This leaves the doors wide open to being screwed over and scammed by the people running the show like Big Vern. I'd be absolutely shocked if they weren't fucking everyone over. I for one and pulling all my coins out of there ASAP, I've already lost 5 bitcoins simply due to Cryptsy either not being available to me due to errors, from slow deposits/withdrawals, or simply due to them taking forever to make a transaction. 5 Bitcoins is nothing to sneeze at, people get sued for far far less and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering it.

TLDR: FUCK CRYPTSY AND FUCK BIG DICKHEAD VERN
Load balancers. How do they work?

CoinTrader - Trade digital currency on Android via Cryptsy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.cointrader

BitPredict - Trade your favorite events on Android via Predictious!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.bitpredict
jumpmanjay

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:02:45 PM

Agree with the OP 100%. If this was a regulated stock exchange these guys would've been arrested long ago.
In the early days of electronic trading, exchanges that could not handle the volume of orders and messages were costing people $100k+. It happened on a daily basis. Those exchanges are still open.

Oh, and those exchanges had 3-5hr maintenance windows daily with over 2 full days on the weekends.

Growing pains, my friend.

CoinTrader - Trade digital currency on Android via Cryptsy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.cointrader

BitPredict - Trade your favorite events on Android via Predictious!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.bitpredict
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:40:28 PM

im startiong to think the same.

lets hope coinmarket.io gets more coins at least they are fast and when they are issues they keep us upto date

You might want to go read coinmarket's support thread now, they basically told everyone to fuck off and die if you have problems and don't like how site is working. They closed the support thread because they were fighting with one of their customers, the site is having tons of problems and now no support. They said they won't shed any tears if people leave, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out basically. This person from coinmarket must want to have his business go into the shitter if this is how they respond to people having problems, missing deposits, negative balances, thought they were going to be better than cryptsy. Now I am too worried to put anymore coins on coinmarket.io after seeing the attitude they have.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422153.2400
andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:59:16 PM

im startiong to think the same.

lets hope coinmarket.io gets more coins at least they are fast and when they are issues they keep us upto date

You might want to go read coinmarket's support thread now, they basically told everyone to fuck off and die if you have problems and don't like how site is working. They closed the support thread because they were fighting with one of their customers, the site is having tons of problems and now no support. They said they won't shed any tears if people leave, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out basically. This person from coinmarket must want to have his business go into the shitter if this is how they respond to people having problems, missing deposits, negative balances, thought they were going to be better than cryptsy. Now I am too worried to put anymore coins on coinmarket.io after seeing the attitude they have.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422153.2400

Thanks for that...interesting reading.

The Wild West saga continues...
Stellardynamic

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:30:59 PM

This was definitely manipulation by Cryptsy. Before the big recent upswing I predicted Cryptsy would hold deposits if the price started climbing and thus kept my Vert on cryptsy for this very reason. Sure enough everyone I was talking with on Ventrilo had been waiting for hours for their deposits to post. Meanwhile I had already send 2 separate deposits to Coinmarket.io which were nearly instantly received. As soon as the price fell everyones deposits posted. They are restricting supply when demand is high to sell their own.
TheCloser

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:20:26 PM

I think everyone should quit their bitching. The purpose of crypto-currency is to use it as a medium of exchange for goods and service? Instead, everyone spends time trying to trade against other currencies for monetary gain for one single purpose.....greed. Don't be mad that cryptsy is better at this process than you. Shut up, put your head down and go to work on making a better exchange that allows fair trading .......oh wait, no you can't........yea

Btw, remember the Facebook IPO and how many people got fucked on that day when market orders froze for 2 hours while people watched the price fall off. It happens in regulated markets too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: