Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:34:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HunterCoin Improved Client - work in progress  (Read 2668 times)
Pompobit (OP)

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:10:09 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 11:23:34 PM by Pompobit

UPDATE: If you downloaded the client before February 19 01:00 UTC, please download it again, important fix!

Hi hunters,

I really love HunterCoins but playing I feel the need of additional features and improvements on the official clients.
So I started to implement some of the desired features myself, and here is the result.

Actually the new features are:

- Added the mouse coordinates below the mouse cursor

- Added a button on the toolbar

This button has two main functions:

1) Fires a popup with relevant infos about the crown holder:
  - crown holder name
  - his coordinates

2) Shows a marker upon the crown holder on map. The marker size is proportional to the zoom factor. So if you zoom out, you'll see a very large marker to immediately detect the crown holder:

pressing again the button hides the marker.

- Added a button on the upper tab to improve visibility of your characters.
A square of the colour of the character, for each character, is shown on the map, so you can easily detect where your troops are.

-I also included the change proposed by exe here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5107703#msg5107703

The windows client is out, you can download it here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/e49da4ni8t4eru4/imp_huntercoin.zip
The source code is here: https://github.com/pompobit/huntercoin

If you have a request for some feature in particular you want to be added, please post it here
. If I'll have enough time (and donations Wink), I'll try to implement it.

This project is developed in my spare time, so if you like it, donations are welcome!
HUC: HHpmbujZjX4f3onXdxwvF2FujEoWRQCuoG
BTC:  18TmYbbKQJEQtCeynjngEvbLiNVRmitteT
Trigun

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:14:48 AM

i don't understand a small thing...
if the game code can easy editable u can easy make bot for the game right?
so what's the point of that?

Donate me :-)
BTC: 1NAZYVrf4tUagVxQhBkBkpntkZPgLuB5vJ
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:23:32 AM

the new feature looks great pompobit. Smiley I hope snail can integrate it into the new client as im not good at binaries and stuff.
chaosagent

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:38:59 AM

One's already in the works by me Cheesy

.......Web...............Bounty..............Twitter.................Telegram.......
Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure

chaosagent

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:39:41 AM

Can you add getblocktemplate to the JSON RPC calls?
It's required for stratum

.......Web...............Bounty..............Twitter.................Telegram.......
Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:01:38 AM

One's already in the works by me Cheesy
Yes, you don't even need to hack the client.  RPC interface is plenty enough, I have one running since Sunday evening. Cheesy  It made me quite some coins at the beginning, but rewards are dropping of, unfortunately.  Still not too bad for the time I spent coding it (and I enjoyed for its own sake in addition).

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:38:31 AM

Can you add getblocktemplate to the JSON RPC calls?
It's required for stratum

I'll give it a try
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:51:09 AM

New features:

- Added a button on the upper tab to improve visibility of your characters.
A square of the colour of the character, for each character, is shown on the map, so you can easily detect where your troops are.

I also included the change proposed by extro24 here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5107703#msg5107703

The windows client is out, you can download it here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/e49da4ni8t4eru4/imp_huntercoin.zip
The source code for linux is always here: https://github.com/pompobit/huntercoin

Suggestions are welcome. Donations even more Wink

HUC: HHpmbujZjX4f3onXdxwvF2FujEoWRQCuoG
BTC:  18TmYbbKQJEQtCeynjngEvbLiNVRmitteT
Falafel75

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:33:50 PM

This client is awesome, once you get used to the feature that shows all your hunters in the map you can't really go back. Adds tons of strategy and makes planning very easy.

Great work!
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:35:50 PM

Impressive work is done i hope you win.
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:16:47 PM

please who already downloaded the windows binary, download it again now, I discovered a memory leak problem that could fill the RAM and slow the game.

By the way, new features coming
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:37:15 PM

This client is great.

I have a feature request: could you add an acoustic notification when a coin spawns adjacent to one of your players?
This would help human players (especially in the future when bots will be less stupid and recognizable and killable than now).

ion888

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:40:14 PM

This wallet working fine?? not crashed?? because wallet 1.05 crahed 3 times in 2 days and lost some huc and generals...runaway exception etc....this is ok?
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:39:24 PM

This wallet working fine?? not crashed?? because wallet 1.05 crahed 3 times in 2 days and lost some huc and generals...runaway exception etc....this is ok?

this client is not more stable than the official one... If your client is crashing is because something is wrong with your settings, try to delete the huntercoin folder in c:/user/USERNAME/appdata/roaming/ (save the wallet.dat before) and open the client again, so you'll download the blockchain again.
ion888

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:43:47 PM

this client is not more stable than the official one... If your client is crashing is because something is wrong with your settings, try to delete the huntercoin folder in c:/user/USERNAME/appdata/roaming/ (save the wallet.dat before) and open the client again, so you'll download the blockchain again.

I know i trying 2 time this is a 3 time Smiley
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:58:38 PM

I sent 100 HUC to Pompobit

it is looking great..

I think instead of the squares (obviously it is ok for now), it would be better if the Hunters were Glowing.. I can edit the sprites if needed.

Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

I sent 100 HUC to Pompobit

it is looking great..

I think instead of the squares (obviously it is ok for now), it would be better if the Hunters were Glowing.. I can edit the sprites if needed.

Thank you snail, but if the huc are from yours, I don't think is fair.

I'd appreciate a part of the reserved bounty, but now that it is gone, leaking your stack is not my goal, you deserve your huc much more than me.

Instead, should came the donors Tongue

by the way, if you send me the sprites you like, I'll apply them
kulakowka

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:48:16 AM

And I love the squares! I ask them to leave, or at least for me individually.

Pompobit , please pay attention to the following problem https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5254897#msg5254897

Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:04:22 PM

Pompobit , please pay attention to the following problem https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5254897#msg5254897

This should now have been fixed.
Download the new client and try it, it works under linux, still not tested on windows, let me know
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:20:00 PM

This should now have been fixed.
Download the new client and try it, it works under linux, still not tested on windows, let me know

I test on windows it works brilliant see next post

although Cheesy -- i think maybe now is too small (At least on my 1080p monitor).. ultimately i think would be better if the bar is stretchable?

sorry for the poor diagram but this is what i mean:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: