Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Banned in Russia  (Read 9413 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 11:21:41 PM

And when Comrade Putin bans the exchanges?

Then what?

бoжe мoй

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:26:02 PM

No it didnt. They extended 174 of Criminal Code to include bitcoin. Article 174. The Laundering of Funds and Other Property Acquired by Other Persons in an Illegal Way. In other words, companies cannot accept bitcoins legally anymore. That's it.

kaysersoze

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:08:54 AM

I wrote this in a new thread - too bad Mr putin do not understand what opportunity he is missing out on

I have been playing with this thought a few days.

So everyone that follows Putins politics clearly understands his goals and ambitions by now, to rebuild russia as an empire and super power and to stand against US and EU on any global issue (snowden, syria, ukraine the list goes on and on) to show his muscles. One can have opinions about how stupid, retarded, illiterate and counterproductive he is about going at it, but no one neglects his ambitions.

So it's very pity and a shame that he really do not have any technical /economical advisor that understands the potential of Btc and really can explain to him where bitcoin can play a global role to diminish usd power.

If he really understood the damage a world wide adoption of bitcoin can do to the financial system ( which in large is controlled by american institutions and USD ) and how he can help accelerate and stimulate this development by creating a safe heaven in russia I'm 150% confident he would do it. He would go all in.  Russia has nothing to lose, american instituions control the financial system of the world, usd is the global currency of the world and russia has nothing to loose if bitcoin would to take over the world.

And its quite easy -create a safe heaven for any company and project related to bitcoin, it will create ten and hundred thousands of jobs in Russia.

Andreas you need to talk to Mr Putin.

Anyone close to Putin, PLease let Andreas make 1 hour pitch to him. Putin would die for the opportunity to take down usd.

You are so so so naive... do you really think that he and russia doesnt have a plan how to replace USD? Of course they most probably have, but it will happen the way THEY want, and WHEN THEY want, not according to what some stupid bitcoin communities wants and thinks, the sheer naivity of your post... :-(.

haha damn you are illiterate how on earth can mr putin have a plan do replace the dollar... you really don't know much about the russian economy nor politics - bitcoin is his best chance by far

cryptog1

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:48:13 AM

This is article from coindesk -http://www.coindesk.com/btce-pulls-support-ruble-russia-bans-bitcoin/- states clearly that Russia has banned cryptos in the country.

“The anonymous payment systems and crypto-currencies, including bitcoin – which is the most popular of them – are monetary surrogates. As such, their use by private citizens or legal entities is not allowed."

Anyone has the original source in Russian?

can people stop spreading FUD and please stop using amateur sources that are not backed by proof!!!

BTC-E has not removed Ruble support. so stop sniffing the glue and please go to BTC-E and check out the BTC/RUR, LTC/RUR, and USD/RUR tabs. grrrrr i hate misinterpretations, chinese whispers, and lack of researching the news..

seriously guys before posting on this forum, when you read a news article atleast research it!

franky1, this is exactly what I trying to say.
So far, there is no official statement from the Bank of Russia that clearly states that: -“The anonymous payment systems and crypto-currencies, including bitcoin – which is the most popular of them – are monetary surrogates. As such, their use by private citizens or legal entities is not allowed." -
It appears there is a fear-mongering action against Russia right now with disinfo about their non-acceptance of cryptos via media such coindesk.
Is started with the hoax about btc-e being investigated and now it is going on with the recent false information about the ban.

Please add your take on -http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x982z/dont_be_duped_the_central_bank_of_russia_has_not/-
cryptog1

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:53:44 AM

it is true though that btc-e has removed the deposit box for rubble.
js1985

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:06:32 PM

Cant deposit or withdraw bitcoin<>WMX (and hence use WMZ with bitcoin) anymore
WeBTC

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:07:03 PM

in soviet Russia we had no bitcoin?Huh
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 02:04:56 PM

in soviet Russia we had no bitcoin?Huh

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

In Soviet Russia you did not have me!

Keep me in mind as I develop solutions.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
js1985

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:38:42 PM

There is definitely opportunity now to whoever can exchange bitcoin<>webmoney

One would require a verified webmoney account which is impossible to get outside of russia it seems
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:36:31 PM

Well why only ban Bitcoin lets outlaw the US Dollar as well will we at it, its a Ponzi scheme after all

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/bill-would-outlaw-us-dollar-russia/
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 08:08:55 PM

Well why only ban Bitcoin lets outlaw the US Dollar as well will we at it, its a Ponzi scheme after all

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/bill-would-outlaw-us-dollar-russia/

More truth to what you wrote than most know or will accept!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:19:52 PM

More truth to what you wrote than most know or will accept!

My $.02.

Wink

The Ponzi scheme part of the dollar is the truth. But Russia won't abandon the dollar, because Russia is part of the world money system Ponzi scheme.

If the dollar were trading very low, who cares. If it is the top currency, it is needed in trade. If it is just an average currency, the banking system won't let it die if they can help it.

The banking Ponzi is entrenched worldwide. It is Russia, along with the U.S. that played an important part in WWII, in putting down Hitler's plan to destroy the banking system worldwide. No matter what happens, the banking system worldwide is reasonably healthy behind the scenes - $5 trillion traded on the Forex daily.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: