Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:33:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Whoever said Atlas was probably one of those jackasses...  (Read 6404 times)
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:07:11 AM

Nobody helped me. I had to pull myself up by my bootstraps. Anyways, even when I'm suffering, I'm partially happy to have suffered. It's good experience.

It's always inspiring when a white middle-class suburbanite pulls himself up from his bootstraps.  

Congratulations on beating the odds!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:07:36 AM

It's a goddamn shame you waste all your potential on your dumb conspiracy theories, poor grasp of economics, and related ventures that are far out of your grasp. If you set realistic goals and gave up this "always sure of yourself, even when you're wrong" thing and had a little humility and learned from your past mistakes, you could probably actually accomplish something with your life.
I am always goddamn sure of myself when I am wrong. I am happy to be wrong because I am one ounce less ignorant. I take it in pride. Go ahead, hang your head down and cry in shame when you are defeated if that what life is to you; mere suffering. I will retain my happiness and continue trying to achieve it to greater heights.

Humility is for suckers who need provisioning from the crowd. I already have the joy I need.

So, whatever you did when you got suicidal helped then?

Nobody helped me. I had to pull myself up by my bootstraps. Anyways, even when I'm suffering, I'm partially happy to have suffered. It's good experience.

Stop calling your "suffering" and "failures" successes though, treat them as learning experiences instead. Identify and take note of your mistakes, and correct the behavior, or be doomed to make the same mistake again.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:13:31 AM

Stop starting up business ventures where you take investors unless you
A) Have a failure plan. Make sure you can, at any time, be able to have a way to reimburse your investors
B) Have no investors that are family and friends. Don't be that bridge burning person who is willing to hurt the relationships with people around them in an endless chase after capital. It's not worth it.

Seriously, your behavior, your refusal to get checked for your mood swings, and your constant ability to screw yourself over only to repeat the same mistake over again is fucking depressing me. Apparently insulting your bad ideas until you forfeit them is a lost cause, and I know you won't listen to honest advice, so I guess do whatever you want.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:15:10 AM

It's a goddamn shame you waste all your potential on your dumb conspiracy theories, poor grasp of economics, and related ventures that are far out of your grasp. If you set realistic goals and gave up this "always sure of yourself, even when you're wrong" thing and had a little humility and learned from your past mistakes, you could probably actually accomplish something with your life.
I am always goddamn sure of myself when I am wrong. I am happy to be wrong because I am one ounce less ignorant. I take it in pride. Go ahead, hang your head down and cry in shame when you are defeated if that what life is to you; mere suffering. I will retain my happiness and continue trying to achieve it to greater heights.

Humility is for suckers who need provisioning from the crowd. I already have the joy I need.

Stop calling your "suffering" and "failures" successes though, treat them as learning experiences instead. Identify and take note of your mistakes, and correct the behavior, or be doomed to make the same mistake again.

Isn't a learning experience a success? Why aren't I allowed to be happy in the face of adversity? I certainly correct my mistakes in the name of building a greater end. It's not like I have to suffer to do that.

If you learn from them, of course it is. If you just embrace the experiences, you aren't helping yourself
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:16:12 AM

Weren't you homeschooled? Doesn't that imply that you have a guardian who is home enough to teach you, implying wealth enough to not work?

Bootstraps...haha. Were they $300 Timberlands? I am not trying to pick on you here, but jesus christ...
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:18:48 AM

Dude! Why the f are you wasting your financial, math, and research skills on this place?
Eh, I've got 2 more hours or so worth of Calculus homework to do and I'm procrastinating.  Plus, I genuinely enjoy being a dick.

HOLY SHIT the honesty is blinding!!! Who are you? Get FAtlas back on!
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:22:20 AM

A) Have a failure plan. Make sure you can, at any time, be able to have a way to reimburse your investors
B) Have no investors that are family and friends. Don't be that bridge burning person who is willing to hurt the relationships with people around them in an endless chase after capital. It's not worth it.

Seriously, your behavior, your refusal to get checked for your mood swings, and your constant ability to screw yourself over only to repeat the same mistake over again is fucking depressing me. Apparently insulting your bad ideas until you forfeit them is a lost cause, and I know you won't listen to honest advice, so I guess do whatever you want.

I will take A and B to heart. Sound advice.

Otherwise, I've gotten checked. They do nothing for me but apply one-size-fits-all psychiatric charts. I've consulted my own therapy: meditation. It's working damn well.

Anyways, don't be depressed. I shouldn't be that relevant to your happiness although I can appreciate any value I may give you.

Thanks. : )

You read as someone with very...manic...moods - either highly depressed, or as captain-of-industry, founding-a-new-business-Immanuel. Don't you recognize this?

I know people are vastly different and there isn't one, set solution for fixing whatever may or may not be wrong with you, but did you try any of the suggestions you were given when you got checked - either behavior modification or medication? They could both improve and level your disposition and give you more "control" over yourself than you think.

You always struck me as the type who either thought medication was a means of controlling you, or that you knew better. I know meditation can help, but it's no silver bullet, and the first time things get frantic and you don't have time for that what will  you do?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:28:33 AM

I can bring in my previous psychologists to verify that.

Please don't! The'll lose their jobs from wasting so much time on this forum psycho-analyzing the freaks!
FAtlas

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:31:28 AM

I just drink a lot of whiskey.  I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it works alright for me.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:32:13 AM

I will take A and B to heart. Sound advice.

Otherwise, I've gotten checked. They do nothing for me but apply one-size-fits-all psychiatric charts. I've consulted my own therapy: meditation. It's working damn well.

Anyways, don't be depressed. I shouldn't be that relevant to your happiness although I can appreciate any value I may give you.

Thanks. : )

You read as someone with very...manic...moods - either highly depressed, or as captain-of-industry, founding-a-new-business-Immanuel. Don't you recognize this?

I know people are vastly different and there isn't one, set solution for fixing whatever may or may not be wrong with you, but did you try any of the suggestions you were given when you got checked - either behavior modification or medication? They could both improve and level your disposition and give you more "control" over yourself than you think.

You always struck me as the type who either thought medication was a means of controlling you, or that you knew better. I know meditation can help, but it's no silver bullet, and the first time things get frantic and you don't have time for that what will  you do?

I am on anti-anxiety medication; symbalta I believe. It cuts the edge off but what was causing the down swings was just me beating up myself over my failures. I cut that shit out. That's all I have done through my focused meditation. I'm just focused and energized. I'm not Bipolar. I can bring in my previous psychologists to verify that.

If you are having big down-swings over your failures, you are either Bipolar or not learning from them/not really that making mistakes is something everyone does, something everyone has to do to learn. Also symbalta, I believe, is primarily used to treat major depression - I hope you are taking it/hope that it is working for you if it is.

You seem to have a positive outlook right now, but in the months I've been on these forums I've seen you be this way several times before.

Sorry if I don't respond for awhile right now, some dumb pledge just broke two shotglasses on my door and I have to keep him from drinking himself to death or something. Damn kids.
GimmeDemBitz

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:37:34 AM

Okay, Nietzsche Jr. we get it.  You're deep and dark and no one understands you.  Please tell us more about your bootstraps.

When will there be an IPO for Retarded Anime Financial?  I have a feeling Comedy Gold futures are going UP UP UP!

I just drink a lot of whiskey.  I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it works alright for me.

Are you also a war vet with actual problems?  +1 bro.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:37:57 AM

Please don't! The'll lose their jobs from wasting so much time on this forum psycho-analyzing the freaks!
Heh, I bet you're familiar with Nathaniel Branden, Dr. Branden. I only had to spend 15 minutes with the guy to know what he had to tell me: Pull yourself fucking out of it.

Jesus Christ stop doing this to yourself, this objectivism bullshit completely ignores the fact that humans arent perfect robots and have hormones and neurotransmitters that sometimes need proper counseling and medication to control. You are going to end up killing yourself if you keep buying into this obvious bullshit and acting against your own interests
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:44:49 AM

Heh, I bet you're familiar with Nathaniel Branden, Dr. Branden. I only had to spend 15 minutes with the guy to know what he had to tell me: Pull yourself fucking out of it.

Jesus Christ stop doing this to yourself, this objectivism bullshit completely ignores the fact that humans arent perfect robots and have hormones and neurotransmitters that sometimes need proper counseling and medication to control. You are going to end up killing yourself if you keep buying into this obvious bullshit and acting against your own interests
So you want me to lend the responsibility of my emotions and ability to act to somebody else?

The ability to act will always be yours - no medication is strong enough to take it from you.

The responsibility of your emotions can never be fully on you - they are influenced by your genes, by your environment, and so forth.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:47:49 AM

I'm curious whether you chose Dr Branden because you believe he's the most qualified to treat you or because he was once Ayn Rand's lover.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Anonymous

September 23, 2011, 03:54:47 AM

Wow. Someone didn't learn to take constructive criticism from people and move on. Son I am disappoint.

lol Matthew, this is just friendly conversation.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:00:32 AM

Tell us about Woolong Financial. Don't sell it to us as an idea now, give us an idea of what is is supposed to be, how you planned for it, what kind of investors you took in (family, friends, forum members, Ycombinator, etc.), and what failure plans, and I mean total failure of your product, have-to-deal-with-angry-investors and analyze-what-you-did-wrong plan you have in place, I'm genuinely curious.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:01:22 AM

Wow. Someone didn't learn to take constructive criticism from people and move on. Son I am disappoint.

I don't think it is. I think it's a bunch of guys who are emotionally stable picking on your for not being consistant, and in the midst of it all, you're doing the same shit I did by defending yourself instead of just listening and accepting it. Nobody here cares about you or me or anyone-- until of course we start walking around like we want to be Bruce.

You don't have to agree with their political stance or lifestyles, but no real man can look himself in the mirror and know he's a man if he can't accept his mistakes and ask for help.

JeffK and Fatlass are assholes, but they're the kind of assholes who pick on little kids who can't do math-- they're doing it so that the little kids will actually learn math. Thick skin is pointless if your head is equally thick and real friends help each other so here's my help.

Stop talking about things until they're done, stop pretending your way is the only right way, and if you must be a public figure of some sort, don't share every little whim of an opinion without testing it thoroughly on some sort of pointless...forum...ohhhh...I see what you did there.  Cool

Oh hey, you've finally caught on
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:01:45 AM

Various teams dropped out. I may have counted them in my original calculation.

Counting people who don't show up is a clever angle.  I got a B in Differential Equations, but I'm in the 99th percentile if you count all the people who didn't even take the class!
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 04:02:08 AM

EDIT: Less emo and more furry bashing please.

+1
I'm feeling left out out there!
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:09:57 AM

I don't think it is. I think it's a bunch of guys who are emotionally stable picking on your for not being consistant, and in the midst of it all, you're doing the same shit I did by defending yourself instead of just listening and accepting it. Nobody here cares about you or me or anyone-- until of course we start walking around like we want to be Bruce.

You don't have to agree with their political stance or lifestyles, but no real man can look himself in the mirror and know he's a man if he can't accept his mistakes and ask for help.

JeffK and Fatlass are assholes, but they're the kind of assholes who pick on little kids who can't do math-- they're doing it so that the little kids will actually learn math. Thick skin is pointless if your head is equally thick and real friends help each other so here's my help.

Stop talking about things until they're done, stop pretending your way is the only right way, and if you must be a public figure of some sort, don't share every little whim of an opinion without testing it thoroughly on some sort of pointless...forum...ohhhh...I see what you did there.  Cool
My arms and legs are sore from working out yesterday and I have a headache. I have time to waste.

Don't stop this by the way, good consistent mood booster and helps with confidence, especially if you are careful with diet for bulking/cutting/whatever

Nope. Not yet. When I have it fleshed out and ready then I will reveal it. It's just not in its best interest otherwise. Thanks for your interest though.

I'm not so much interested in the project itself as I am in the framework (investors, escape plan, etc) you are building it on, since we all know your previous plans didn't have much past "make a forums post for investors" behind it.

Also, I don't fully understand your obsession with being the founder of a business. I mean, I won't bash it because I know I can geek out about Linux or swimming or beer, but at your age shouldn't you be drinking and wasting time with friends and hooking up with girls and generally figuring out how socializing with people works?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: