Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:04:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find potential small cap projects  (Read 351 times)
icohunter1024 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:17:00 PM

The search for potential small capitalization, you can use the aggregate price sites like coingecko or coinmarketcap. You can use coinmarketcap with the "Trending / Recently Added" function to check the list of new coins added. In order to filter out potential growth currencies, you should set criteria such as.

•  New to coinmarketcap less than 20 days.

•  Trading volume is over 1 million USD.

•  Market capitalization of $ 5-25 million.

Then, you select a list of currencies that meet your criteria.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:44:28 PM

While this is a good basis to follow. Keep in mind that you're still not guranteed to make anything. A lot of these coins are going to end up being worth nothing in the long run and you're probably going to be holding bags. With that said, the 1 or 2 that do go up, will probably end up covering any losses you may have incurred and put you in a little profit. Don't risk too much on this.
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:07:56 PM

whether by the criteria we can find a potential coin?
what if all these criteria are deliberately created by the developer by pumping it?

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:17:37 PM

I do not support too small market cap coins, they usually have no volume on exchanges and secondly are highly manipulated, a single investor can manipulate it buy buying and selling in bulk, so im not interested.

Marahunter

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:24:56 PM

Join a telegram group and combine your research with knowledge of a host of other traders. You do not have to invest but you will be able to learn a lot about projects, and about how projects are hyped and bleed out slowly.
ClayDouglas

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:35:26 PM

That actually sounds like a good idea. I didn't know coinmarketcap had such functionality. I'm going to try it when I get the chance later tonight.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:06:45 PM

It could work, yes but it would be better if you caught it first before the cmc's listing.
Try to be the first one to invest on this low cap coins/token to guarantee an advantage towards those people who's waiting on the "recently been added list".

Sometimes, being added on the cmc listing brings a pump and that's when you'll gonna dump your extra low priced token/coin.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:02:42 AM

It's better to find the projects before they get added on Coinmarketcap. Look for projects picking up good volume on quick-to-list exchanges like IDEX. Decent volume + not much appreciation and then check for the fundamentals. If it's a sound project you are good to go.
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:17:44 AM

If you are looking at recently added ICOs to coinmarketcap, then important to check the ICO stats and reviews first on icodrops.com, icomarks.com and other such sites and see if it is a good buy.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:20:27 AM

It's better to find the projects before they get added on Coinmarketcap. Look for projects picking up good volume on quick-to-list exchanges like IDEX. Decent volume + not much appreciation and then check for the fundamentals. If it's a sound project you are good to go.
do you think the coinmarketcap added gives an impact to the price of token? It's not. The majority of them get early hype when they are trading on the exchange site. Remember there is a lot of tokens are traded below the ico price just like XYO, OMX and they are all not seem good.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
JoonasR

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:26:49 AM

What's your idea, how many ICOs have lost money for the presale investors this year? I have been following couple of promising projects and most of them are in a huge loss.
duongluan456789

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:45:57 AM

whether by the criteria we can find a potential coin?
what if all these criteria are deliberately created by the developer by pumping it?
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:53:26 AM

I agree. It's better to find the coins that has potential to go up in decentralized exchanges because usually the coins are first listed there before being listed in coinmarketcap or other centralized exchanges that has a bigger volume. Always check the social media accounts of those decentralized exchanges so that you will know the recently listed coins may it be in IDEX or Etherdelta/Forkdelta. There are also apps that would update you with new coins listed in exchanges. After knowing the coins, check its fundamentals and its community if the team is active and the viability of the project.

One of the application I use to monitor the newly listed coins in exchanges is crypto bot but you have to pay one time payment of around $3. You can find the app in playstore or IOS. The advantage in using it is that when a coin is tested in an exchange, the bot will inform you so before being listed, you already know ahead of others.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Hirikama29

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:29:24 AM

How to find potential mini-projects to find them. My only way is to find information through telegrams so that people you know can share with me to help me with many good programs.
KroFly

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:52:03 AM

Small coins carry greater risk and higher volatility than others. Find of course such coins are not difficult, but whether they are worth investing in order to virtually no profit.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
btctuxedo

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:18:17 AM

That is easy. You can go to coinmarketcap, click on all coins and sort the coin based on their market cap.

But I would suggest you to look for coins with stable daily trading volume to make sure it is easy for you to liquidate in future.

xclusiveguy

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:37:00 AM

Nice information from you dude, I do use this criteria also,  but majority of the time I go to etherdelta or idex, that's where majority of the ico tokens do get listed before hitting coinmarketcap, just make a good research about an ico get the contract address and search for it on etherdelta or idex then you are good to go
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 07:55:54 AM

i dislike a couple of things about your method although i use it too.
1. using third party websites instead of exchanges.
i prefer using the exchange themselves because the volume there is more accurate than looking at the total volume of many exchanges that those sites list.
2. you are not looking at the price!
for example trading volume of a coin that is getting dumped hard is also huge but that doesn't make it a good investment! it is only good if a large volume of money is coming in and price is rising.
3. using market cap!
that doesn't make any sense. specially when you define a number for it. calling them small coins is better than defining a fixed number for their market cap.

--looking for signature--
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:08:13 AM

Some investors prefer to find small projects instead of big projects but they require that those projects have the potential to bring them more value than the projects they have invested previously.
icohunter1024 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:27:50 AM

When the project is small capitalization, when successful will give the profit many times the profit of the project has a large capitalization. Of course the risk involved in these projects will be greater. The ICO criteria of each person is different according to the experience and knowledge everyone has. There is no common criterion for all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: