Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing your life savings on BTC? Hurting everyday?  (Read 790 times)
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:58:28 PM

People buy lottery ticket all the time, that’s total fine, spending $5 here and there for fun. But if you mortgage your house to buy lottery tickets you are crazy.

Same thing with bitcoin. Spend a few grand for chuckle is fine, chances are you won’t see your money again. Heck I would pick up a few bitcoins too when it drops below $100.

If you spent your life savings buy Bitcoin, get out now while you still have something left! New crypto currencies are coming to replace BTC. Stop torment yourself everyday watching your money goes into red day after day after weeks after months.... you will spend your retirement working at McDonald’s trying to earn it back!
In every investments, whatever it is, you must take some reservations. You must reserve some time, money and effort so that it is not so hurting and you will not lose everything.
There is no reason to give negative thoughts on those who take chances of winning or having bitcoin though. They have their choice to decide but instead go be them advice how they can lessen the risk of losing so they cannot be hurt in the end. They do not have to put what they already have for investment but have another way to earn to have an amount to use for investment.

thepers0n

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:00:54 PM

I think we should invest everything into BTC. Maybe only 1/5 of our money because it is a great risk and everything can be ruined and fall down. We should possess extra money and analyse our budget
Ikpirijor7

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:17:11 PM

It is always recommended again and again not to invest more than the loss-bearing capacity of the investor. Bitcoin and crypto industry is still in the early phase of development and no one is sure what is going to transpire down the road so in worst case scenario the investor might lose his entire capital invested in the market so he should never invest the amount which he can not afford to lose. In fact, it is recommended not to invest more than 5% of investible surplus.
chenczane

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:35:44 PM

People buy lottery ticket all the time, that’s total fine, spending $5 here and there for fun. But if you mortgage your house to buy lottery tickets you are crazy.

Same thing with bitcoin. Spend a few grand for chuckle is fine, chances are you won’t see your money again. Heck I would pick up a few bitcoins too when it drops below $100.

If you spent your life savings buy Bitcoin, get out now while you still have something left! New crypto currencies are coming to replace BTC. Stop torment yourself everyday watching your money goes into red day after day after weeks after months.... you will spend your retirement working at McDonald’s trying to earn it back!
Investing in bitcoin is like a gamble like lottery. Well, in a lottery, you will spend less than in bitcoin but the higher chance of winning. Although the market is not good at the moment but for sure it will come up again and you will have more profit than spending your money in a lottery everyday.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 11:45:34 PM

Using money that you will not regret or make you poor if you lose it. if you lose everything. sometimes everything does not always run with expectations.
Wise in managing finances and investment choices should be done before doing anything with finances.
be wise and realistic is greatest way to survive and safe trading in crypto market.
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:53:02 PM

If the price goes forget about your bitcoin for a while to avoid losing life savings and hurting heart everyday because last few months the bitcoin and all cryptocurrency are in trouble to be patience to avoid stress in crypto investment.

skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:56:32 PM

That is why you only buy what you can afford to lose so if you actually lose it you won't mind it at all. Don't go crazy and sell everything you have and buy bitcoin specially when you are just starting. Try to get the feel of it first and try to start with small amount. Then you can add some more if you feel more confident.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:57:10 PM

I think we should invest everything into BTC. Maybe only 1/5 of our money because it is a great risk and everything can be ruined and fall down. We should possess extra money and analyse our budget
I agree, you must know how to balance everything especially your money. If you will give everything that you have to bitcoin then it is very risky becauae once the bitcoin price fall, you will also lose your money. Be wise and knowledgable. Never put everything here just because it has a big value because still it fall sometimes.

Solomonkingdom

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:13:50 AM

Be wise and wise. That is why you only buy what you can afford to lose so if you really lose it, you will not mind it at all. Try to get the feel of it first and try to get started in small quantities.
colmenajose

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:33:22 AM

If this is the case for a certain someone, then that's his fault. I mean why did he even think of spending his life's savings on one investment?! That is called st...not being smart! Taking the risk is definitely the only way to earn. But it also requires us to be smart at the same time! Good thing is that Bitcoin will certainly recover in the coming months. When that happens it would be wise to use his earnings to build his portfolio. Invest in other coins which are under valued. That would be the best thing to do.
Yes, it's the fault of the person doing it, not the bitcoin. In this case, we must understand the risks we must face. In investing, never invest what you can not afford to lose, so in the future will not blame the investment object.

I am completely in agreement, the currency is not to blame, it is the strategy that we adopt as investors that will generate the success or failure of the investment.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:38:45 AM

Don't be afraid, it seems that most bitcoin investors are looking for fast profit rather than do long time holding. Don't ignore the fact that bitcoin future is very bright. Bitcoin is the best online payment methode for this century, even bank have online banking but bitcoin also have other advantage that is can be considered as investment . Just wait until bitcoin adoption is going further.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
amberthomas

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:50:27 AM

It is your fault if you lose your life savings on Btc because you must have basic information about Bitcoin that It always include risk. You should not spend all of your life savings on it. You must know if you are not lucky enough, you will lose everything.
Lion_ashy

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:21:54 AM

if you think these two are the same thing then you are the idiot!

of course there is no argument that investing your whole life savings in bitcoin is a terrible idea but it is nothing like buying a lottery ticket. it is simply because of chances.
when you buy a lottery ticket first of all you have no way of speculating whether you will win or not and second you have a minuscule chance of winning.
on the other hand when you invest in bitcoin you do have a way of speculating whether you will make a profit (win) or not and also your chances are not at all small.

😂😂🤣 lol you know have had a similar conversation with one bozo comparing cryptocurrency with Ponzi. And was like its the same.  Am like you crazy brov?  I told him that cryptocurreny is not a blind investments you control you speculate with the help of chart you guess where a coin is headed but he won't agree with me. People onky have vivid knowledge about crypto'
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:25:32 AM

That is totally crazy if you put all your life savings in bitcoin. That is so risky thing to do. And they always say that invest what you can afford to loose. We don't know what will be the value of bitcoin in the coming days. If it wil grow or fall down. And that's make bitcoin so risky.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:59:09 AM

That is totally crazy if you put all your life savings in bitcoin. That is so risky thing to do. And they always say that invest what you can afford to loose. We don't know what will be the value of bitcoin in the coming days. If it wil grow or fall down. And that's make bitcoin so risky.
Yeah right, its really between risky people and wise investors, if you can gamble your fate then you can go all in and wait if what tomorrow will bring you, but if you are wise and you know how to consider things that can happen along the way especially those emergency cases where you needed to use your money, better to save some portions of your saving for emergency funding.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
katarina007

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:33:13 AM

With this it is clear that the potential of bitcoin is right and no property has the power to fight bitcoin. Despite current losses, the BTC will probably pump after adjustment, downtrend and upward trend of coin is a benchmark in BTC space, you do not need to panic or withdraw money due to market downturn. , check the market trends over the years, you will observe the changes over the years
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:38:58 AM

If I sold my digital assets/Bitcoin today I would only have 1% of their USD value in my pocket so yes, all my life savings are practically gone now so the last seven months have been a real killer for me personally and am not sure if I am going to survive this Bitcoin and Altcoin winter. I give myself until December to see if there is going to be a profound turnaround or not.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:56:20 AM

I don’t think that it is worth enough to lose all your entire life saving in bitcoin for now, as we all should know that for now bitcoin could be a very good part time job and could be very good and beneficial investment but today is not the time when one could 100% rely on bitcoin because it has yet not been legalised in all over the world so investing your entire life savings into the bitcoin is not worth enough, one cannot predict the future but I am sure that in the future it will become the full time job.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:42:08 AM

Anyone that is mortgaging his house to buy bitcoin is not making a good investment decision as the best investment decision is to invest what you can afford to lose. Do not try to invest what you cannot afford to lose. This is my opinion
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:47:08 AM

First of all, bitcoin is amazing but not magic genie or alladin's lamp. Use bitcoin just as an investment and a currency, only bet your extra money that you can afford to loose - live a life, man.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: