Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:06:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin leaves. Who would benefit?? ETC is my bet  (Read 426 times)
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 08:18:10 AM

I like ETC and believe it's a good project but many believe it will not survive because of ETH leading , no it will cost I only see ETC downtrend as normal by TA analysis and soon will boom like others when they are downtrending.
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 08:21:30 AM

What might force Vitalik to leave Cryptocurrency? He has a large amount of ETH with him and that costs millions of dollars I think ( I have no evidence but he is listed as a Cryptomillionaire by several sources). That alone is the reason he will not leave crypto. He should be doing ways to make ETH more efficient.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:24:27 AM

Let's imagine Vitalik Buterin just left the game.
Reason is irrelevat; either him not being happy with the ico scam shitfest ethereum has become, or personal commitments, and so on. But say he decided to leave ethereum today.

In such a scenario, obviously ETH price would take a nosedive of -30% to -60% as what happened previously could suggest (when someone spread the false rumor he was killed in a car accident).

But what I want to discuss which other coin would instead raise in price and I think one here has to analyze ethereum competition.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).

EOS - too centralized
ADA - still just a promise
NEO - progress has been too slow
KMD - I like this one but still can't compare to ETC

Your guess?
I will be back to the litecoin. KMD just another anonymous coin and it's not comparable with ETC. At least will try to support ETC as a secondary ecosystem after ethereum. EOS is completely building a crap platform with 4 billion dollars has been throwing to the market everyday.
There was another one that you have not yet mentioned in your list and it's waves but it's totally bullshit just like EOS.
Tyr808 (OP)

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:58:08 AM

Reason is irrelevat; either him not being happy with the ico scam shitfest ethereum has become, or personal commitments, and so on. But say he decided to leave ethereum today.

In such a scenario, obviously ETH price would take a nosedive of -30% to -60% as what happened previously could suggest (when someone spread the false rumor he was killed in a car accident).

But what I want to discuss which other coin would instead raise in price and I think one here has to analyze ethereum competition.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).

EOS - too centralized

Your guess?
I will be back to the litecoin. KMD just another anonymous coin and it's not comparable with ETC. At least will try to support ETC as a secondary ecosystem after ethereum. EOS is completely building a crap platform with 4 billion dollars has been throwing to the market everyday.
There was another one that you have not yet mentioned in your list and it's waves but it's totally bullshit just like EOS.

You actually make some valid points.
I like LTC, just it's usually been the silver to BTC gold standard and so I would lean more towards something else to be the Ethereum successor.

Yes even forgot to mention Waves because of how frivoulous it looks.

waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:28:17 AM

ETC in my opinion is one of the most underrated cryptocurrencies in the industry. It is a project that has very solid foundations, has a team of excellent quality that is developing it very well, but its value has never grown much. I do not know the reason for this poor appreciation of the market on ETC but in my opinion it is one of the projects whose value could grow more in the near future
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:48:34 AM

I do not think that vitalk will leave, they are already working on big upgrades and solutions for the scalability and massive adoption of eth, i think future value for eth will be huge, even if vitalik leaves this will crash the eth price for short term but then again the price will bounce back.
I am sure even the OP is just saying that out of assumption and not a possibility because there is simply nothing that would make Vitalik drop his own boat for anything at this point of development when things are even getting rosy for the project. It is widely being used and getting huge support by the day, things are fundamentally going well for it, and that makes it impossible.

If we are to assume something like that happening, I would not be surprised that attention will shift to ETC but that would be in a scenario where there is no more development whatsoever on Ethereum protocol and everything looks dead.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:27:51 AM

The reason Coinbase chose ETC was for the exact same reasons they chose BCH - as they are forks of already supported coins, it took the bare minimum amount of work to list them. It has nothing to do with the coin itself.

Also, given how shady the launch of BCH on Coinbase was, with prize freezes and insider trading, I'd be very of using Coinbase for anything ever again.
I would not say it was listed because it is a fork, but in the other hand, it could have been for any other reason outside its development whatsoever. Also, irrespective of Vitalik leaving, I am not sure that would be the death or stall in development of Ethereum, and the last time I checked though FUDs don't last, and no matter what is used to drive the market down, it can still go up. ETH has reached the stage where we also have to focus on the good projects doing pretty well on the platform, so, that makes it still relevant.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:01:12 PM

EOS, ADA, NEO and KMD are also one of my favorite but I am more bullish with NEO right now. Vitalik buterin is a smart guy and I'm pretty sure that he will never or just leave ETH behind after all those hard works to develop the project. Still, if ever he leaves the team, there is a possibility that it might leave a negative impact to the platform and to its supporters. Let's just hope for the best and wish that ETH will back on track.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:06:39 PM

ETH is doomed to fail eventually and everyone, specially the developer of it knows that better than anybody else. it is a broken project that is out of hand at this point. sometimes you have to abandon and let bad things like this die so that a better thing can replace it.

i think ETC has the best chance at it also. because it is the original chain and also it can learn from the mistakes of ETH and don't repeat them. besides the blockchain is not that huge yet so it can survive the future unlike ETH with its huge blockchain!!!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
darktt

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:21:23 PM

It's hardly to say now, two weeks ago I whould say EOS, but now I obviously have nothing to say, this hell at the market confuse me and I'm just waining and watching the show. I think we need some time to look what will happen with ETH.
Tyr808 (OP)

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:00:26 PM

EOS, ADA, NEO and KMD are also one of my favorite but I am more bullish with NEO right now. Vitalik buterin is a smart guy and I'm pretty sure that he will never or just leave ETH behind after all those hard works to develop the project. Still, if ever he leaves the team, there is a possibility that it might leave a negative impact to the platform and to its supporters. Let's just hope for the best and wish that ETH will back on track.

Nah NEO has died and not only in the price. It is clear to all that it hasn't been adopted.
Should be a lesson to ALL dividend giving crap coins or masternodes. There literally is no economic way to sustain growth.

HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:05:51 PM

I bet on vitalic next project so simple never tie one project to a person ethereum is a very big ecosystem no one can stop it vitalic is just a maestro
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:08:10 PM

If that kind if scenario happen then the one that will get most benefit is neo. I agree that ada and eos are still promises, eos is worse because of the problem they have at the start, we don't know yet about ada but let's hope it doesn't follow eos. Neo is already working just fine and people will switch to them from eth.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:13:26 PM

None of the above because for me,this will favor my coins if the second top will die or drown deeper

Because for me it was only one,and this is bitcoin forever i will be very happy if vitalik buterin leaves

But i know this will never happen,because how could vitalik leaves ethereum when this is bringing profit on hes pocket
commander11

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:19:22 PM

EOS - too centralized

Your guess?

I doubt it will happen. Vitalik don't just simply left the game. There are many runner ups to mention that works their ass of to compete to the highest TPS.

First reason why Vitalik won't left the game because there's still a lot of things he want to accomplish (Plasma +Sharding) which aims to deliver up to 1 million TPS. After that, maybe Vitalik can now leave the game, lol.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:21:35 PM

as soon as ETH goes PoS there will be no profitable coin due to the huge amount of GPU mining altcoins.

There is no altcoin prepared to take the place of ETH. So , the moment ETH dies, mining profit dies with it.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
AlanMilano

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:23:42 PM

Vitalik Buterin is not a mysterious person like Satoshi, so I do not think he will leave ETH.
But even if that scenario happens, I still believe that ETH will reduce the price initially, but then it will continue to grow and recover.
Because behind ETH are many other people, many other organizations and even a large pro-ETH community, not just Vitalik Buterin.
ETH will never be a hope in the future, it's just a secondary product, at least personally I believe so.
Gorodcoin

Activity: 264

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:46:45 PM

ETC is one of my favorite coins as it really undervalued and the price could be x10 easy in the next 2 years, everyone should hold etc as for my opinion
ArthurY

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

I love BTC

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:49:13 PM

People common DOGECOIN XD ahahahaha

Sophisticated Investor
DISPERADO

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:51:07 PM

Will the Vitalik leave the Ethereum? Are you seriously? This project brings him very good money. I think that the probability of such an event is close to zero.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: