Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Practical is Bitcoin As Payment Service?  (Read 2697 times)
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:17:01 PM

I have never used bitcoin as payment method before, and until now. Because i haven't found any online shop that accept bitcoin as payment. And there's nothing in my country like that as well. I really want to try at least once, but still haven't found the place to do so.
But i think it won't be as pratical as you think because people said bitcoin transaction took a long time, and the fee is kinda high so it will be a loss if we use bitcoin to buy something cheap. Like, we'll just waste it for nothing. Not really sure as well though, because i never experienced it before so can't really say much.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:29:11 PM

Herein my location i use bitcoin as payment using online wallet approve by the government
I use it to pay electric bill water bill buy a cellphone load etc
Easy and convenient to use no need to waste time to go in the payment center
Hope someday in the near future bitcoin can use payment all over the world use for online shopping

edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 05:04:49 PM

Herein my location i use bitcoin as payment using online wallet approve by the government
I use it to pay electric bill water bill buy a cellphone load etc
Easy and convenient to use no need to waste time to go in the payment center
Hope someday in the near future bitcoin can use payment all over the world use for online shopping

yes same here bitcoin as payment service is fast and good but there are sometime that the transaction got too long to confirm yet if the transaction overload in the bitcoin network will get fix it will be more convenient and great to pay using your mobile device or any gadgets to pay for your bills and other

sd
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:16:49 PM

i think transactions are slow..when they make superfast transactions then it be more practical, obviously
This is not very far away of becoming a reality in bitcoin in the near future when the lightning network is fully operational but I will admit that you are right even a 10 minute wait is very long if what you want is to buy something in a grocery store, that kind of delay will be unacceptable, however when compared to bank transactions that takes days to confirm bitcoin can be incredibly fast since it can take you only a few minutes to send your bitcoin from one side to the world to the other.

And the fees compared to the banks are very cheap as well and all of that does not take into account all the hassles that bitcoin saves you, like having to justify why you are sending a lot of money to other account or even the possibility that your assets are frozen by the banks.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 09:29:32 PM

i am new here and i came to ask fellow users about how practical bitcoin as payment method is? i paid for domain on namecheap via bitpay and it was okishh experience. I mean how much i can use bitcoin to pay online for shopping,services and goods?
You can now find very few websites accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment because large companies still do not accept it as a payment currency online. But Microsoft is one of the largest technology companies in the world that accepts BTC and BCH as a payment currency.

Sonaile

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:49:00 PM

Soon bitcoin will be accepting every corner store of the world! That is the way we all will get connected with one global digital decentralized currency, the currency for the people by the people.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:01:08 PM

i am new here and i came to ask fellow users about how practical bitcoin as payment method is? i paid for domain on namecheap via bitpay and it was okishh experience. I mean how much i can use bitcoin to pay online for shopping,services and goods?

So,practical if we use the bitcoin  as a payment method,because it can make your transaction payment easier and hassle free,becuase only things you can do is get your phone and then do your billing payment transaction and done,and even thoough in shooping some kinds of good stocks you only use your phone and making transaction then its done,thats why many country now using bitcoin as payment of there  billing and many other  transaction payment.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:41:20 PM

Don't think is pratical for everyone but almost , specially with new generation. I am just wondering what happen if someday internet will not work anymore?

You are overthinking. Internet is designed in a way that it is almost impossible for it to stop working one day. This can however happen in situations like world war 3 but what will survive after such a war anyway.
RusellTim

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:52:29 PM

Where I live, bitcoin is not used to pay for shopping. If you want to use bitcoin you must change it to your country currency then use it. But hopefully in the near future bitcoin will be widely used globally as a formal payment method.
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:33:35 PM

The world of the future can be said to be completely divided between megacorporations. They will give a person a job, will teach him, will give him everything he needs and needs for life.

I think the bitcoin's advantage as payment service are the fast and transparent transaction of their system and by using block chain to secure its details and cannot be compromise by other individuals who are using the same system as you do. Bitcoin can be used to buy other commodities and goods, and it is also the new way of money transfer and receive by electronically and digital process.
Nicholson55

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:15:36 AM

It is as practical as the systems allow it to be - it isn't bitcoin itself that poses the issues, its the programs which allow bitcoin to be accepted (and if people know how to use them/how easy they are to use)
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:29:53 AM

Bitcoin is good at all and it is a good payment method and online users are usually paying in crypto and crypto currencies are the best solution for big payments, In the past paypal were the most popular payment method and now a days we can use crypto such as bitcoin is the best payment service, Crypto market is growing with new ICO and we can participate in it.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:51:37 AM

It's easy, convenient, less time consuming and very low fees i think this are the strong features of bitcoin when it comes to payment. Moreover you don't need to go to payment center etc, you can stay at home use your computer or android phone to pay someone using bitcoin.

TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:27:29 AM

Most of the people nowadays use their smartphones to do transactions like sending money or purchasing online. Isn't it convenient if you can just load up money and then you use it without 3rd party app services? Because those apps make deductions and it increases everytime the amount gets bigger and it always apply on remittances.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:48:40 AM

It can be compared to traditional means of payment, one has to have the address and the amount to send and then login in to their exchnage and send. This is the same as in case of traditional bank transfers, the thing that could be interesting in the future is NFC payments.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Temik2704

Activity: 378

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:43:56 AM

Soon bitcoin will be accepting every corner store of the world! That is the way we all will get connected with one global digital decentralized currency, the currency for the people by the people.
I don't think that it is possible in even close 20 years.
BTC infrastructure is poor, in most countries BTC is still illegal or it is impossible to pay directly for any product/service via btc .

gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:39:18 AM

Bitcoin features more as investment than payment because there is still very few merchants accepting bitcoin for goods sold or services rendered. In most of the countries, there is not a single merchant. With the latest developments in Germany where 25000 will be registered, things will improve faster.
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:07:46 AM

I think bitcoin as payment service is very practical. It is more better than cash or in debit or credit card because it gives you less hassle. You can pay your service payment or service charge online using bitcoin is very convenient and smooth transaction because you can transact any time or any where once you have an internet connection. But I think it needs a better synchronize system between bitcoin holder go transfer bitcoin to any seller of any products or services that consumer will avail because online transaction is more risky than face to face selling transaction.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
gorkem

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:23:09 AM

In my country, unfortunately, there are no services and sites that would accept bitcoins as payment.That's sad.But the potential for the spread and implementation of cryptocurrencies in everyday life is still very huge.Just at the moment, many do not know anything about bitcoin and new technologies.It takes time to implement.And the practicality of using bitcoin as payment is simply guaranteed.It remains to launch applications for mobile phones and conduct a marketing campaign and people using bitcoin will be very much.
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:47:07 AM

in my opinion bitcoin was created to meet the needs of the economy by using advances in time and technology if developing technology requires practical, fast and efficient of course bitcoin fulfills that but in my country it cannot be done because the government still prohibits direct transactions using crypto currencies
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: