Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USDT Tether safe?  (Read 23433 times)
Rakeshten

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 07:56:43 PM

I think USDT is safe. Everyone is holding USDT for buying any other coin in the dip. I am also holding USDT for buying other coins in the dump. So I think there is nothing to worry about. I know it is also a cryptocurrency so It can fall to zero but It will not happen.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 08:22:37 PM

Irrespective of when this post was made, I have seen a lot people ask same question which also comes in different forms and most times the answer is yes. My own reason for choosing yes is this; USDT Tether have been growing in volume even in the midst of all the fud or whatever news surrounding them and the most interesting thing is that, a lot of blockchain networks now support it in order to make transactions cheaper, easier and faster. Now if it isn't safe, I don't think such integrations or support will occur.
Nevertheless, the word safe can be relative, that is, it is an already established fact that centralised coins and tokens comes with less security since the team decides the fate of all users, therefore when it comes to stablecoins most says DAI is quite better and safer than USDT. However, in any aspect, I would still say, USDT is safer moreover there are many stablecoins now and almost all are centralized with good trading volume.
Valak

Activity: 743
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 08:24:54 PM

Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

I don't think there's any good reason for us to say that Tether isn't safe, as long as the Tether developers are still able to provide real money or other assets that match the amount of Tether. So that when Tether holders withdraw their money can still be accommodated with their assets.
Hasan986

Activity: 416
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2021, 08:20:55 PM

I think Safe. Had a case against them a few days ago. Which they have won. USDT has been performing best ever since. People's faith has increased. It is currently the favorite stable coin of many trader & holder.
Tahid12

Activity: 395
Merit: 13

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 10:13:06 PM

there is no altcoins which is out of various issues and negative news. but instead of believing those, you should rather analysis fast. For example usdt is still safe and being trading om top crypto exchanges with large number of trading volume. And many big companies are accepting usdt as their payment method. so you Should realise, people wouldn’t still use usdt if its unsafe.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
nurilham

Activity: 1442
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 10:49:37 PM

Why USDT IS SAFE, USDT is backed up by UNITED STATE DOLLAR (USD) it is a stable Crypto currency it had fully transparency
Are you sure about this? Is USDT really backed by USD? And Is it fully transparent?
I am not sure about this because I even don't get valid information about its transparency and USD backup. However, I don't against USDT, but I am just curious about it. You should enclose the proof such as an article or statement from developers related to the matter. So far, I trust USDT because it is used by most crypto users and be the top 10 crypto coins. And USDT is also covered by trusted teams.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 11:46:21 AM

Why USDT IS SAFE, USDT is backed up by UNITED STATE DOLLAR (USD) it is a stable Crypto currency it had fully transparency
Are you sure about this? Is USDT really backed by USD? And Is it fully transparent?
I am not sure about this because I even don't get valid information about its transparency and USD backup. However, I don't against USDT, but I am just curious about it. You should enclose the proof such as an article or statement from developers related to the matter. So far, I trust USDT because it is used by most crypto users and be the top 10 crypto coins. And USDT is also covered by trusted teams.

I have no idea whether this ever changed but as far as I can remember there have never been official reports about the fiat currency reserves that are supposed to back USD Tether in real banks. I think they were once forced to conduct a full audit, but I am not sure if they were obliged to publish the report. Anyway, Tether isn't risk free given the fact that they have stored their money in real banks and they claim that for ever USDT out there, there is also a dollar in a bank. Who knows whether that is true or not. I can't verify it and others can't either.

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 12:09:00 PM

Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

In terms of store of assets during the price dump, the tether is safer for that purpose, because the price is not really affect the move of the market, and this is a very good reason for the presence of the stablecoins in the crypto market. I use the USDT as a means of storing my assets when the price of the market is on a down trend, I sell my assets for USDT and when the market recovers from its down trend, I use the USDT to recover the assets I have sold before to still be on a step ahead of the market price.
The rise of USDT in the ranking of the coinmarketcap has been successful over time and I am sure it will have a long time in the crypto market. At the point of it being safe is at the market down trend. 
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 01:10:16 PM

In terms of store of assets during the price dump, the tether is safer for that purpose, because the price is not really affect the move of the market, and this is a very good reason for the presence of the stablecoins in the crypto market. I use the USDT as a means of storing my assets when the price of the market is on a down trend, I sell my assets for USDT and when the market recovers from its down trend, I use the USDT to recover the assets I have sold before to still be on a step ahead of the market price.
The rise of USDT in the ranking of the coinmarketcap has been successful over time and I am sure it will have a long time in the crypto market. At the point of it being safe is at the market down trend. 

The rise of USDT on Coinmarketcap is the result of the company behind USDT printing new USDT nonstop. I know it has been said in the past that there was some suspicious printing going on and the idea was that those newly printed USDT could have been used to pump Ethereum and Bitcoin.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Husnain651

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 02:52:08 PM

In terms of technology USDT is completely secure — it’s a centralized token developed on the decentralized Ethereum blockchain that’s meant to be backed by 1 US dollar stored on Tether Ltd’s balance sheet in the form of cash in bank accounts and government bonds.
haasanjui

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 03:30:02 PM

USDT Teather is stable coin its one coin price is equal to 1$ and its price is constant. There is no any dump or pump in this coin. In which we invest without any disadvantages of dump price issue.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
aquafinewater

Activity: 283
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 03:37:28 PM

Yes mate no dout Teather Usdt is safe and also everywhere Teather Usdt is most usable Teather Usdt is a stable coin so not dout in this And you can store everywhere where you want And used on the time when you need

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
wallet4bitcoin

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2021, 06:12:59 PM

I believe USDT. It’s most popular stable coin in cryptocurrency market. I use USDT to protect my portfolio from big drump. When market is going to down, only stable coin can safe your money. And maximum traders use USDT for this purpose.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Fire me!

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 06:59:42 PM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

Since there are no official audits. I would not put my money in Tether. They have been in the news many times and not for good reason. Better put it in your bank account or another stablecoin which is audited.

That does not mean that there will be problems with tether, only if everybody wants to exit tether and they do not have enough funds to cover will it create problems. So as long as the trust stays it will be all right.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 08:04:27 PM

I think usdc or busd is more safer than usdt, I could remember vividly when usdt dumped from $1 during the bear season to $0.8+ on bittrex back then, the Fud and rumours of it being called a scam due to the fact that there's no audit makes other stable coin more safer than it, I will advise usdc to be used always so as to be on the safer side

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Fire me!

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 09:58:31 PM

USDT is certainly safe because the price of USDT always follows the current FIAT currency, so there is no need to worry anymore about transferring our assets to this token, and almost all markets certainly use USDT pairs to some of the coins traded on that market.

If usdt is not backed by enough decent assets than it is a high risk that you are taking. Since they never had a real audit i do not think it is safe and would stay clear from it as much as possible.
nurilham

Activity: 1442
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 10:39:32 PM

Since they never had a real audit i do not think it is safe and would stay clear from it as much as possible.
Is there an institution that deserves to audit tether.to? I don't know if any institution has the right to audit a crypto project. By the way, even a project is audited, I am not sure the team will publish the detail to the public. You must contact the team privately if you are really curious about the audit. FYI, for me, as long as it is one of the top crypto coins, it will be quite safe although no audit announcement on the site.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Fire me!

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 10:57:15 PM

Since they never had a real audit i do not think it is safe and would stay clear from it as much as possible.
Is there an institution that deserves to audit tether.to? I don't know if any institution has the right to audit a crypto project. By the way, even a project is audited, I am not sure the team will publish the detail to the public. You must contact the team privately if you are really curious about the audit. FYI, for me, as long as it is one of the top crypto coins, it will be quite safe although no audit announcement on the site.

Thank you for your reply. Afther carefully evaluating the information about USDT I decided not to use it because of the reasons I have given. How everybody else draws their conclusions is of course fine by me. I only wanted to state that there have been some issues in the past. For me that is a red flag, but I sincerely hooe there will never be any problems with USDT since it got so big in marketcapital. I am currently looking at Dai.
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2021, 11:01:58 PM

This thing about Tether have been going on for awhile now and Personally I think is just trying to create FUD like the same way we had china banning btc and throwing Miners out but the truth is BTC and Cryptocurrencies are really resilient under most of the tensions thrown at it I just hope people dont panic to much to all the FUD that keeps coming Staying strong and put is the best option we have now

Dragonfund

Activity: 546
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:36:26 AM

Few months ago, we were in tensed about USDT but later it was come to fine till now. BTW, USDT still haven't published any audited results whether they have fully backed by assets. As one of the top 3 coins in CMC, we are using USDT mostly without any problem so far.

Tether remain the largest traded stable asset worldwide despite the allegations and transparency they have encountered lately, I believe they have their purpose for not releasing the Audit on time and I also they think they fully know the consequences of not cooperating with regulatory bodies.
I have stop using tether though since it became nightmare to send coins on Ethereum chain and I don't fancy using tether on other blockchain, Tron was better but I prefer using single pkey to sign my transaction that's why I opt-in for BUSD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: