Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MCR] Macrocoin - Relaunched (Old Thread)  (Read 43289 times)
tryingtotrade180

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:32:52 PM

We urge you to stop mining. We do not know yet whether or not the coins you own will be of value.

It's the community that puts a value to a coin. If no one mines it and no one wants it then it has no value. Taking things away from people without giving them some kind of return will make this lose more value. It's not our fault that you are incompetent. I've seen a few coins get taken away from their incompetent Devs. You should have stopped it hours ago when and not just now when you pulled your head outta your ass.

Well right now the coin has no value. The huge instamine has pretty much destroyed its value. I think that starting again from block 0 is defiantly the best option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

We urge you to stop mining. We do not know yet whether or not the coins you own will be of value.

It's the community that puts a value to a coin. If no one mines it and no one wants it then it has no value. Taking things away from people without giving them some kind of return will make this lose more value. It's not our fault that you are incompetent. I've seen a few coins get taken away from their incompetent Devs. You should have stopped it hours ago when and not just now when you pulled your head outta your ass.

Well right now the coin has no value. The huge instamine has pretty much destroyed its value. I think that starting again from block 0 is defiantly the best option.

Agreed but waiting this long to make the announcement is lame and irresponsible. 

-tb-

tryingtotrade180

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:48:52 PM

Agreed but waiting this long to make the announcement is lame and irresponsible. 

-tb-

In a way yes. But better late then never I guess. Anyway Im gonna be here for round 2 either way.
eebz

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

Waiting to hear back from macro.dogemoon.com. The site has been down for a while. The last time the website was up it was 'investingating issues in the backend' but assured that shares and hashrate were safe.
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:56:26 PM

Waiting to hear back from macro.dogemoon.com. The site has been down for a while. The last time the website was up it was 'investingating issues in the backend' but assured that shares and hashrate were safe.

I had to take the site down because it was DDOS'd. Also the coin was totally broken. And now it also seems the coin is dead. If it relaunches then I'll bring the site back up but I'm guessing that's not going to happen anytime soon. I personally vote for a hard restart on the coin because it's all so messed up right now.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:58:18 PM

+1

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Macrocoin (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:06:08 PM

UPDATE

New Devs in place.

We will be restarting this coin right from the start. Implementing quicker Difficulty Retarget times to stop instamine or using Gravity Well. Starting again and relaunching soon with all wallets compiled and ready.
eebz

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:09:23 PM

I had to take the site down because it was DDOS'd. Also the coin was totally broken. And now it also seems the coin is dead. If it relaunches then I'll bring the site back up but I'm guessing that's not going to happen anytime soon. I personally vote for a hard restart on the coin because it's all so messed up right now.

Interesting. Likely an academic question, but the shares are still there though?
TimFChavez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:13:02 PM

That does not matter now since the Dev is making us loose our coins/effort and our time spent on this so that he can try to make value of his premine for the pump and dump.
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:14:35 PM

Interesting. Likely an academic question, but the shares are still there though?

They are there yes, but.. I think you are right - academic  Cheesy
tryingtotrade180

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:16:06 PM

That does not matter now since the Dev is making us loose our coins/effort and our time spent on this so that he can try to make value of his premine for the pump and dump.

Our mined coins arent worth anything anyway. Even if the dev wouldn't have decided to restart.
TimFChavez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:18:25 PM

Our mined coins arent worth anything anyway. Even if the dev wouldn't have decided to restart.

So if they arent worth anything now what makes them going to be worth anything after the restart since it only benefits the Dev?

tryingtotrade180

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:21:00 PM

So if they arent worth anything now what makes them going to be worth anything after the restart since it only benefits the Dev?

I think your missing the point here...our mined coins aren't worth anything right now and won't be. Restarting means everyone gets to try again. This is the most sensible thing a dev can do. Theres no point just letting people keep mining a worthless coin. 
eebz

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:31:28 PM

They are there yes, but.. I think you are right - academic  Cheesy

So, the shares are still there, but no coins will be distributed?
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:32:22 PM

I think your missing the point here...our mined coins aren't worth anything right now and won't be. Restarting means everyone gets to try again. This is the most sensible thing a dev can do. Theres no point just letting people keep mining a worthless coin. 

It's decentralized, so it will actually keep working and have value.

tryingtotrade180

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:35:30 PM

Per

It's decentralized, so it will actually keep working and have value.

I understand. But personally I'd prefer to start again. Have proper working wallets. Update the Difficulty retargets and start again. Less then a day lost of mining is worth the coins value tripling or more.
Chrilleee

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:53:19 PM

UPDATE

New Devs in place.

We will be restarting this coin right from the start. Implementing quicker Difficulty Retarget times to stop instamine or using Gravity Well. Starting again and relaunching soon with all wallets compiled and ready.
Telling this one day after relase?!  Huh
Congratulations, you just killed the coin.
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:56:40 PM

UPDATE

New Devs in place.

Imagine the DDOS attacks it will get. Just keeping it going like it is will be smarter.

eebz

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:31:26 PM

UPDATE

New Devs in place.

Imagine the DDOS attacks it will get. Just keeping it going like it is will be smarter.

I'd be inclined to agree. It is what it is. Cue more interesting discussions or not on the medium of value.
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

I closed down my pool at mcr.majorminers.com until the 're-launch.'

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Maybe people will point their hash power at http://lmc.majorminers.com/

Lemoncoin launch went off without a hitch!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: