Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook removes/Unbans Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Ads  (Read 2026 times)
Phil2018

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:20:45 PM

Thank you for the informative news. If Facebook unbans the cryptocurrency and bitcoins add it will be a big promotion and marketing for cryptocurrency and bitcoin. I hope this step by facebook will change the total scenario of the crypto industry.
usekevin

Activity: 2226
Merit: 561

Need Manager!!Hire Me!! Telegram Id @Usekevin

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:30:50 PM

Facebook is lifting its ban on cryptocurrency ads which went into effect in January. After months of evaluation, the company decided to allow some crypto ads on its platform. Advertisers must submit a request form with details of their businesses and the types of crypto content to be promoted.

Starting June 26, we’ll be updating our policy to allow ads that promote cryptocurrency and related content from pre-approved advertisers. But we’ll continue to prohibit ads that promote binary options and initial coin offerings.

https://news.bitcoin.com

If Facebook had removed advertising ban on cryptocurrency means,it will be good new.By facebook,the awareness about bitcoin will increase among people around this world.If the knowmledge about bitcoin is increased,the demand of bitcoin will increase.It will increase the price of bitcoin.
JacobLiam12
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 08:43:40 PM

Advertising on face book is open now but you have to submit some issues to them also few days ago they banned this advertise of crypto mainly for updating their issues based on this now they again give ads for crypto so this is good initiative I think.

Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:46:32 PM

I guess facebook cannot afford to lose what a crypto could offer. The amount of money on advertisement is so tempting that’s Facebook lift the ban.
Anyhow it’s a good news for us.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
collins_89

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:15:13 PM

i think it’s their own decision. But i believe bitcoin can’t need any advertisement because of their performance. If any person make profit from this site he/she will influence to other for invest on this project.
thomascrypto61

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:36:53 PM

It is not a very good news to hear that facebook is taking decisions to ban/remove Ads related to crypto currency from their home page. But it doesn't affect the popularity of the bitcoin. Because we have already seen its popularity and importance to the mankind.
alex M

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:48:51 PM

Its conditional, advertisers that are approved by Facebook through an application process can promote crypto products,
 though ads promoting binary options and ICOs, initial coin offerings, are still banned.

Interested advertisers may have to show Facebook “licenses they have obtained, whether they are traded on a public stock exchange, Still reversal of the ban will be seen as positive from most of the cryptocurrency community.

A good news for crypto industry, though it is limited only but Im glad to hear that, at least the support for crypto is present. If all social media sites will support crypto business industry, I think prices for all crypto will easily be back to normal because social media will give interests to users and investors in a fast and easy way, as to dessiminate informations about crypto.
leostrong.mo

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:34:03 PM

Facebook has encountered a big crisis this year, they are suspected of leaking user information, causing serious economic problems for the company!
Advertising of cryptocurrencies and ico can bring them a lot of operating income, so they cancel the ban!
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:55:07 PM

Facebook is lifting its ban on cryptocurrency ads which went into effect in January. After months of evaluation, the company decided to allow some crypto ads on its platform. Advertisers must submit a request form with details of their businesses and the types of crypto content to be promoted.

Starting June 26, we’ll be updating our policy to allow ads that promote cryptocurrency and related content from pre-approved advertisers. But we’ll continue to prohibit ads that promote binary options and initial coin offerings.

Facebook has been now suffering due to the recent leakage of its customer database to a private company and so now they are coming a little bit step down.

Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 12:28:56 AM

Guess the initial decision to ban Cryptocurrency ads was uncalled and mistake learnt the hard way. This is another step to show the world that Cryptocurrency is here to stay and do wonders to humanity at large.

BitRentXx

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:16:48 AM

I think not, until now facebook still allow their application used for crypto advertisement and there are many ICO projects that use facebook as its broadcast media.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 01:50:05 AM

Well, there is no surprise in this news because banning entire crypto related ads is like banning ads for the companies using fiat currencies just because some companies were involved in the scam. This logic doesn't make any sense in fiat and so that in crypto. This is something that I said 4 months ago,

If you are involved with crypto industry at least for previous 6 to 10 months and if you are a Facebook user too then you must have noticed the high number of ICO ads in your news feed. It was shown to my friends who have interest in Bitcoin but they don't have any idea about the same. Now, a couple of them actually invested in one ICO believing in growth promised to them in the ad and later that ICO turned out as a scam and they lost their investment. To avoid scammers from using FB business platform, FB decided to ban crypto ads. However, I am expecting moderated/rectified policy from them soon.
patron bounty

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:50:23 AM

I think facebook is not the only platform used by many people, there is still instagram. Many people today use Instagram as their advertising medium, and this is quite effective.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:59:54 AM

As I predicted, Facebook will reopen the cryptocurrency ads. Maybe Facebook just wants to test how much power they have if they ban cryptocurrency ads, but that does not impact much. And finally they open their ads again which of course it is income for them.

elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:03:43 AM

actually facebook also prevent common problems, namely fraud in ICO
the number of cases of fraud through ICO, making facebook more concerned about its users not to become victims, I think the steps taken by Mark, is very appropriate
Svetlazara

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:18:03 AM

Well, how else? I read I recently read that Facebook is going to buy Coinbase. Maybe Facebook will release it`s own crypto currency?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:26:53 AM

Well, there is no surprise in this news because banning entire crypto related ads is like banning ads for the companies using fiat currencies just because some companies were involved in the scam. This logic doesn't make any sense in fiat and so that in crypto. This is something that I said 4 months ago,

it actually makes perfect sense if 99% of the companies were scams.
and so far what we have seen from ICOs have been 100% scams. you may think only a couple of them were scams but you would be wrong. they were obvious scams. the rest are non-obvious ones where they lie and deceive people into thinking they are an actual company they to think they are actually doing something when in reality they just create a token, receive the money and stop doing anything else... that is scam.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:41:48 AM

I think the reason for facebook to banned ICO promotion on their platform is to protect their users from scam/fraud ICO, in someway i agree with this, because if many newbie got scammed on their first attempt to invest in cryptocurrency or bitcoin it will make cryptocurrency more difficult to spread around the world. I think now is a good move again from facebook to sorted ICO on their platform, hope this will make a good impact for bitcoin and anything related to cryptocurrency
Deepa18dec

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:44:32 AM

Its same as countries banning the crypto because they don't understand it. Soon as they do, they'll unban and even support the crypto. That's exactly what Facebook had done few months back and doing now by supporting it.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:48:36 AM

I guess Facebook now still wants to cash in on crypto money and now they have decided to reinstate ICOS for advertising as long as they have certain licenses or conditions to meet. I think this is a step in the right direction and there is a rumor about Facebook and Coinbase but not sure how true it is, we shall have to wait and see about what is happening there. Bitcoin looks to drop further over the next couple of weeks to this year's all time low.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀