Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:18:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Max Keiser's coin (Maxcoin)  (Read 15338 times)
Herp (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:32:23 PM

[Maxcoin] "the biggest development in the crypto space for some time" http://therealasset.co.uk/bitcoin-maxcoin/

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:46:10 PM

Most screwed up coin that I can think of.

BTW Bitcoin world, The coin has pretty much never been CPU mined.  It was GPU mined by devs from the beginning, and by almost everyone else after the first few days.  

Go here and download the revised CGMiner and Cudaminer programs.:   http://dwarfpool.com/max

Problems off the bat:

- No windows wallet
- When they finally did release a Windows wallet, the wallet itself isn't set up to configure itself, like almost every other wallet out there, so in order to get it to Sync, I had to make a .conf file (Not something a non-technical "investor" is going to want to do)
- When they copied the wallet, they didn't even take the time to check to see if they changed the names of the old coin through the code.  For instance, when you encrypt your wallet, the Wallet lets you know if you lose your Passphrase, you won't be able to access your BLAKECOINS.  
- The coin is in a constant 75% attack, with 1gh having approx 75% of the network hashrate, yet no one seems to care???  1gh doesn't even have an advisement to please use a different pool .  Every other coin freaks out when a pool gets 45% of the hashrate.  Pools stop allowing people to join, and actually push some people out.  Yet with MaxCoin it's business as usual.

I believe it's the worst coin ever launched.  But I still mine it.  Lol.  And why you might ask.  Because to many people listen to Max and do everything he says.  I remember sitting with LTC at $2, and BTC around $200, and when Max told his followers to pump, BTC jumped in less than a week to $1000, and LTC followed to $50.  He has tweeted that he wants to pump Max to more than BTC's value, if he does, I am going to Disneyland.  

Do you really think he's the reason why Bitcoin and Litecoin, and all other coins had that massive jump in November?

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:58:05 PM

Max Keiser invited to the famous London Real show to discuss maxcoin
http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoin/comments/1xxrw5/max_keiser_invited_to_the_famous_london_real_show/

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:02:22 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 04:12:54 AM by Herp

Maxcoin was just added to Cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/152

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

hammo

Activity: 493

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:15:37 AM

Do you really think he's the reason why Bitcoin and Litecoin, and all other coins had that massive jump in November?

Max who? Don't get caught up in your own little worlds. Nobody on the street knows who Max K is, yeah sure you might and maybe the friend that you told does, but go ask 100 people on the street and they'll have no idea. If he's pumping, then it's just to the converted.

So what is the long term plan to make Maxcoin a part of everyday life?
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:20:48 AM

Max who? Don't get caught up in your own little worlds. Nobody on the street knows who Max K is, yeah sure you might and maybe the friend that you told does, but go ask 100 people on the street and they'll have no idea. If he's pumping, then it's just to the converted.

I'm not the one who said the comment. I was shocked by the thought and so asked the person if they really believed he was the reason. I had no idea who he was until a few days before the coin launch, and I also doubt that if I went outside and ask 100 people who this Max guy is that I'll find even one person who knows who he is.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
f4tal1ty

Activity: 716
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 05:35:56 AM

I'm not the one who said the comment. I was shocked by the thought and so asked the person if they really believed he was the reason. I had no idea who he was until a few days before the coin launch, and I also doubt that if I went outside and ask 100 people who this Max guy is that I'll find even one person who knows who he is.

I guess at least every Bitcoiner knows the Keiser Report on Russia Today.

Live mining the Maxcoin genesis block on RT ~10:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q684UxfDSU

███               ███                ███               ██████████████████▄     ██████████████████▄       ▄███████████████▄     ███▄              ███
███               ███               █████              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███    █████▄            ███
███               ███              ███████             ███               ███   ███               ███   ███               ███   ██████▄           ███
███               ███             ████ ████            ███               ███   ███               ███   ███               ███   ███▀████▄         ███
███               ███            ████   ████           ███               ███   ███               ███   ███               ███   ███  ▀███▄        ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███           ████     ████          ███               ███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    ███               ███   ███    ████▄      ███
█████████████████████          ████       ████         ███               ███   ██████████████████▀     ███               ███   ███     ▀███▄     ███
███               ███         ████         ████        ███               ███   ███        ▀███         ███               ███   ███       ████▄   ███
███               ███        ████           ████       ███               ███   ███         ▀███        ███               ███   ███        ▀███▄  ███
███               ███       ████             ████      ███               ███   ███          ▀███       ███               ███   ███          ████▄███
███               ███      ████               ████     ███               ███   ███           ▀███      ███               ███   ███           ▀██████
███               ███     ████                 ████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    ███            ▀███      ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    ███             █████
███               ███    ████                   ████   ██████████████████▀     ███             ▀███      ▀████████████████▀    ███              ▀███

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Website ANN Thread White Paper
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:07:53 AM

I guess at least every Bitcoiner knows the Keiser Report on Russia Today.

Where are the days where I got yelled at on the maxkeiser.com comments section each time Bitcoin got mentioned, mostly by silver bugs?

Live mining the Maxcoin genesis block on RT ~10:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q684UxfDSU

You mean at 18:20 where you can clearly see Assertion failed? :-)

I'm sorry but this was a unique opportunity, they could have done it live, ask Max for a text quote to include, show a RTC with the right time stamp and broadcast that on semi live TV, creating the genesis block and show the result, and announcing it to the world

That little bit of footage right now says nothing

Bad Max, bad.
f4tal1ty

Activity: 716

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 08:40:49 AM

Well thanks for the correction.

Seems like it is time for the Anti-Keiser-Coin

███               ███                ███               ██████████████████▄     ██████████████████▄       ▄███████████████▄     ███▄              ███
███               ███               █████              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███    █████▄            ███
███               ███              ███████             ███               ███   ███               ███   ███               ███   ██████▄           ███
███               ███             ████ ████            ███               ███   ███               ███   ███               ███   ███▀████▄         ███
███               ███            ████   ████           ███               ███   ███               ███   ███               ███   ███  ▀███▄        ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███           ████     ████          ███               ███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    ███               ███   ███    ████▄      ███
█████████████████████          ████       ████         ███               ███   ██████████████████▀     ███               ███   ███     ▀███▄     ███
███               ███         ████         ████        ███               ███   ███        ▀███         ███               ███   ███       ████▄   ███
███               ███        ████           ████       ███               ███   ███         ▀███        ███               ███   ███        ▀███▄  ███
███               ███       ████             ████      ███               ███   ███          ▀███       ███               ███   ███          ████▄███
███               ███      ████               ████     ███               ███   ███           ▀███      ███               ███   ███           ▀██████
███               ███     ████                 ████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    ███            ▀███      ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    ███             █████
███               ███    ████                   ████   ██████████████████▀     ███             ▀███      ▀████████████████▀    ███              ▀███

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Website ANN Thread White Paper
xiaofanglu

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:14:22 AM

How to get profit on SHA-3, Ant Miner?
Vivisector999

Activity: 541

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:48:19 AM

Yeah I had a laugh at that failed attempt of a Genesis block creation as well. 

As for who Max Keiser is.  I will tell you I am not one of his followers/regular watchers.  I do know he has a TV show that is based out of London, and seems to talk mostly about economic things in London, but is on Russia Today??  I don't quite understand that part. 

Anyways, he has a huge following I am guessing in Europe/Russia.  Plus a lot of Bitcoiners watch his show, as he usually has quite a few pieces about cryptocurrency in his show.

Anyways, if you go back 3 months.  LTC was sitting at around $2.  BTC was sitting under $200.  This was the first time I ever heard of the guy.  He had announced that LTC was going to $50 on his TV show, and it was posted on the forums here.   I laughed because I don't think it had ever been above $5.  I was heading to Vegas for the weekend, and decided, just in case something crazy happened while I was gone, I put 60 LTC for sale for $10 a piece.  5X more that the going rate.  I got back to find my LTC sold at $10 a piece, and the price was sitting around $50.  It could have easily been something else.  Not sure.  But I knew (After essentially loosing $2000 profit) that weekend, that if he ever called something crazy again, I would listen, as I do think he has a lot of followers with deep pockets.

From what I have read about him, it seems he is kind of like the Howard Stern of the Economic World.  He is quite opinionated, and isn't afraid to say things that could end him in trouble. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:43:35 AM

As for who Max Keiser is.  I will tell you I am not one of his followers/regular watchers.  I do know he has a TV show that is based out of London, and seems to talk mostly about economic things in London, but is on Russia Today??  I don't quite understand that part.  

He actually used to run a media company out of the AP office in Paris and moved to London last summer, probably because of the better links to the finance world. After a failed pump and dump of silver ("crash JP Morgan, buy silver") he jumped onto the BTC wagon and is riding that one out

He is a frequent guest on a few shows as an opinionated expert and he is always fun to watch. I'm a big fan! You can see him on RT (Russias answer to CNN) but also on Presstv (Iran) and the BBC. That is probably because he was hanging out with the AP people in Paris (their co-producer) who pimp him out to whoever is desperate for a last minute guest
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:02:12 AM

Do NOT trust the maxcoin-qt windows program!!! I have been waiting over 1/2 hour for my transfer to show up. It still says " 0/unconfirmed".

Buy another coin. Stay away from this one.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:37:00 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 05:18:23 PM by Herp

Do NOT trust the maxcoin-qt windows program!!! I have been waiting over 1/2 hour for my transfer to show up. It still says " 0/unconfirmed".

Wallet instructions http://forum.max-coin.net/index.php/topic,19.0.html

There seems to be an issue on Windows 8, however. A fix should come soon.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:09:22 PM

@yottahash

Who's we? Are you talking in the name of some "collective" or do you have two dicks, two heads or something?

You forgot to post best Maxcoin/hitler rant yet:

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:35:23 PM

A website tool that converts Maxcoin to BTC and fiat currencies.

http://www.convertmaxcoin.com

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

btcprice

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:15:53 PM

Wallet instructions instructions http://forum.max-coin.net/index.php/topic,19.0.html

Thanks for the instructions but I had already synched the program and had even deposited to my wallet previously. With my previous deposit the indicator showed almost immediately that there was a transaction in progress.

With the withdrawal it took almost an hour just to show that a transaction was started, even after synching. It eventually went through.

I've used several wallets and none had exhibited this behavior. They all showed an indicator almost immediately.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:19:55 PM

Wallet instructions instructions http://forum.max-coin.net/index.php/topic,19.0.html

Thanks for the instructions but I had already synched the program and had even deposited to my wallet previously. With my previous deposit the indicator showed almost immediately that there was a transaction in progress.

With the withdrawal it took almost an hour just to show that a transaction was started, even after synching. It eventually went through.

I've used several wallets and none had exhibited this behavior. They all showed an indicator almost immediately.

Did you withdraw from an exchange? If so, which one? Or was it a mining pool?

I've made made few withdrawals from two exchanges and deposits without a problem.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

btcprice

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:32:31 PM

I've made made few withdrawals from two exchanges and deposits without a problem.

This was from an exchange. Perhaps I need to clarify. I was withdrawing from my client and depositing to the exchange. Sorry for any confusion.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:36:01 PM

This was from an exchange. Perhaps I need to clarify. I was withdrawing from my client and depositing to the exchange. Sorry for any confusion.

Some exchanges take a while to credit deposits. It's an exchange issue in many cases. I've heard it can take hours for Cryptsy to credit certain deposits.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████