Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:34:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT Silver Bullion Gateway Gateway Updates and Information  (Read 12348 times)
wwdz99

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:39:02 PM

hi Anon ,u r doing a great work.

and You also gave me a lot of hope to be able to trade US stocks by AE. As a foreigner, you know, it is difficult to trade U.S. stocks (such as NASDAQ), you can deploy it together in you gateway?

I think this is a lot of people just like me will needed. Waiting for your reply, thank you.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:16:46 PM

and You also gave me a lot of hope to be able to trade US stocks by AE. As a foreigner, you know, it is difficult to trade U.S. stocks (such as NASDAQ), you can deploy it together in you gateway?

I think this is a lot of people just like me will needed. Waiting for your reply, thank you.

You cant technically trade any of the underlying assets on the nxt decentralized asset exchange. What you can trade is assets denominated in the underlying asset. I.E. a promise to pay the underlying asset on demand. Since the person could never pay you the underlying asset in your jurisdiction you could never actually get the stock. HOWEVER you could take advantage of changing prices by buying the promise to pay, holding that promise to pay while the value of the underlying asset (presumably) increases, then selling that promise to pay to someone state-side for more than you initially paid for it (since if the value of the underlying asset increases than so too will the value of the promise to pay that asset on demand)

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

You cant technically trade any of the underlying assets on the nxt decentralized asset exchange. What you can trade is assets denominated in the underlying asset. I.E. a promise to pay the underlying asset on demand. Since the person could never pay you the underlying asset in your jurisdiction you could never actually get the stock. HOWEVER you could take advantage of changing prices by buying the promise to pay, holding that promise to pay while the value of the underlying asset (presumably) increases, then selling that promise to pay to someone state-side for more than you initially paid for it (since if the value of the underlying asset increases than so too will the value of the promise to pay that asset on demand)

I can definitely see this.  It would be very easy to start a tech stock AE for example, give the choice of a few popular stocks (apple, google, facebook, twitter, etc) to be traded on Nxt AE.  Hell, maybe I'll start the exchange.  I could easily post statements for each transaction for confirmation.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:06:27 PM

I can definitely see this.  It would be very easy to start a tech stock AE for example, give the choice of a few popular stocks (apple, google, facebook, twitter, etc) to be traded on Nxt AE.  Hell, maybe I'll start the exchange.  I could easily post statements for each transaction for confirmation.

nice.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:02:42 PM

hey,

just a hint: in order to show Average Joe how this is going to work it would help to add some information on the procedure and what nxt/ colored coins/ assets have to do with it. maybe this would attract also beginners in that matter.

just my two nxts Smiley
That would be nice!  Smiley
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:45:28 PM

hey,

just a hint: in order to show Average Joe how this is going to work it would help to add some information on the procedure and what nxt/ colored coins/ assets have to do with it. maybe this would attract also beginners in that matter.

just my two nxts Smiley

yep ill make video tutorial to walk people through the whole process

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:55:10 AM

the more I research it the more that I think I'm going to make my own bars. it really doesn't seem hard at all. what do you guys think about custom made 10 ounce bars?

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:47:35 AM

Whit a small Nxt logo embossed Smiley
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:55:08 AM

Whit a small Nxt logo embossed Smiley

how to do that is exactly what im trying to figure out right now. i have found products like this http://www.lmine.com/product/18391.html but no one offering a service of creating custom stainless steel molds with custom engraving. if anyone can find such a service for me I will send you some nxt Cheesy

i submitted this post on the goldsmithing forum:

So this is a bit outside of what this forum is generally about but I dont know who else to ask. This is the closest thing I can find.

I want to make silver bars and I want them to look professional. I have found products like this http://www.lmine.com/product/18391.html which are nice. But it would be nicer to have a custom engraving in the bottom of the mold. Something to protect against fraud, give a air of professionalism, and reinforce my brand.

I've looked and looked around the internet for some sort of business that sells this servive but i just can't seem to find anything. Maybe im searching for the wrong thing but im just not sure what im supposed to be searching for if this is the case.

If anyone here could help that would be great, or even if you could point me to a better place to ask even that would be helpful.

Thankyou in advance to everyone for your time.

maybe i'll find some luck there. or here. or somewhere. but i'm going to bed now. ill resume in the morning.

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:04:41 AM

http://www.etsy.com/listing/151907980/custom-graphite-ingot-molds-in-any-shape

Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:32:54 PM

sorry i should have mentioned that graphite wears out rather quickly. im looking for a permanent stainless steel mold.

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:25:53 PM

the more I research it the more that I think I'm going to make my own bars. it really doesn't seem hard at all. what do you guys think about custom made 10 ounce bars?

+1, think it would be great.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:30:45 PM

Joseph has experience, in this regard...... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=122404
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:34:02 PM

Joseph has experience, in this regard...... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=122404

thanks, ill send him a pm with my question.

igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:41:28 PM

as it could be useful I indicated a company that does almost the same thing you want to do.

I am a customer of them and works great. I always thought that nxt might be a different currency more that could operate in bullion vault.

they are simply repositories of precious metals.

clients trade in bullion vault

Maybe another possibility not as ambitious in the short term is to ask these people how can operate in nxt.

http://www.bullionvault.com/

Perhaps can you help me?

Do you think about this project?

At the dawn of electricity in the late nineteenth century was Thomas Edison envisioned a decentralized system with many small companies competing for generators installed near the point of consumption. Since the electricity distribution cables were still rare , the Edison Electric Lighting Company focused most of his first business in installing generators in small factories, shops, hotels and homes .
In 1888 , Edison had installed 1,700 small plants . In the early twentieth century , more than half of U.S. electricity It was self-produced by industries that took advantage of the waste heat and excess electricity sold to nearby customers.

Would it be possible to implement Nxt platform under the distributed energy market ?

Is a market where producers and consumers of energy would cross their sales orders and purchase orders simultaneously.

Today a small community of neighbors or landowners can generate and sell energy through solar PV , mini wind power, etc. .

For example an owner decide to install in his home to energy consumption solar pv but at certain times of day to spare and is now selling the excess energy in the Nxt platform.

At one point he needs same energy and buys his deficit in the Nxt platform.

both buyer and seller should obviously pay transport costs to distribution companies but the market for the generation and consumption of energy would peer ( peer to peer) .

This would link with the colored coins and the contract system like Ethereum .

Does anyone dare with the idea ?

If anyone dares I'm interested to collaborate .
igmaca

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:09:09 PM

against gold. I think the first currency crypto linking with gold (coins colors) can become the standard for buying and selling gold without having to move the gold bullion vault.

the implications are enormous.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:28:58 PM

against gold. I think the first currency crypto linking with gold (coins colors) can become the standard for buying and selling gold without having to move the gold bullion vault.

the implications are enormous.

yes ill do gold also but it will take some time to build up. i dont have the reserves i need yet.

Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:37:47 PM

so i wanted to put a little catch phrase below the NXT logo. I was thinking of doing "in emergence we trust" or "in emergent order we trust". possibly in latin. what do you guys think? i wonder where you find someone who is knowledgeable in latin. google translate will probably not cut it.

igmaca

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:48:31 PM

One idea

Why not open an account and buy demanding customers nxt gold in bullion vault .

bullion vault you would take away from having to worry about securing the possible metal theft etc.

they do something like buy bullion gold wholesale market and sell the gold in a retail market.

one could simply repeat the process but for nxt client.

bullion vault allows you to buy very small amounts of gold or silver. they just do not leave assigned as owner of a portion of an ingot.

ingots are purchased according to international management standares all this you avoid the Might.

on this idea would be interested in collaborating

http://www.bullionvault.com/
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:52:12 PM

so i wanted to put a little catch phrase below the NXT logo. I was thinking of doing "in emergence we trust" or "in emergent order we trust". possibly in latin. what do you guys think? i wonder where you find someone who is knowledgeable in latin. google translate will probably not cut it.

One of my good friends teaches latin at our university, If you need anything to translate, just PM me.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██