Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:43:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I do not understand the pessimism  (Read 791 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 01:25:11 PM

Well, it is true that Bitcoin is worth much more than the price of it at the time of inception but even at this stage, I believe that Bitcoin is still undervalued as compared to that of the real potential of it according to the user base of the same. However, we don't have the mass maturity as of now and that's why the big whales and institutional investors can manipulate the market without much efforts.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:37:44 PM

Pessimism in the cryptocurrency world is the major reason why it isn't stable recently. Whenever there is a little drop in prices, people begin to think about crypto as a bad thing and say all sort of things about it.
Moonmanmun

Activity: 243
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:53:00 PM

There will always be pessimists when money and investing is involved and bitcoin is no exception to this rule.
There will be skeptics in all walks of life if a person's well-being will be affected- whether it be money or living a happy life.
kelceyott

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:00:03 PM

Hello everyone,

I just registered but of course I am a long-time cryptocurrency watcher.

What I do not understand is why most people are so pessimistic and talk about "these hard times for *coin".

If you look at the growth chart from the beginning of cryptocurrency, you will realize that even now, the Bitcoin is a bit over-valued. It is not "in the red" by any stretch. What was in the last few months was a bubble, an anomaly which may have been exploited only by the very few, just like in the real currency or valuable asset world.

You want a cryptocurrency to be stable, just like the real currencies. Only then will it be trusted and invested in by the big players. Any asset in which you make money like winning the lottery every day is bound to crash.

In my opinion the Bitcoin is just now approaching a "healthy" status. Making money from Bitcoin will be just as hard as making money from real currency trading.

For more money, just you just have to work...Smiley

My 2 satoshis...

What you say make me feel that it's sure. And I also think that people really think that the current downturn of the BTC is because it has just undergone a price boom. If compared with a long time, this is probably a time when BTC is most stable. BTC is not abnormal fluctuations, people are more likely to invest.

Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:13:06 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 03:56:07 PM by Herbys

At holders BTC, I think other thoughts - they think how to make money, but not to ensure stability.
Therefore, now everything is very closely followed and waiting for the rise to begin.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:58:28 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 11:20:38 PM by Ucy

Well Bitcoin is not a Stablecoin.
Volatility then wasn't too extreme (price increased and decreased slowly) until the "big money" started pouring in.
If you tamper with the deflationary aspect and get away with it, one day you will scheme to take away the non censorship feature and people who matter (esp the ones preaching censorship resistance today) will say nothing.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:26:26 PM

Well, it is true that Bitcoin is worth much more than the price of it at the time of inception but even at this stage, I believe that Bitcoin is still undervalued as compared to that of the real potential of it according to the user base of the same. However, we don't have the mass maturity as of now and that's why the big whales and institutional investors can manipulate the market without much efforts.
It's very difficult to even imagine what price one coin would trade for if Bitcoin is hovering around its actual limits. There have been several calculations pointing at prices over $1,000,000.

Currently it looks impossible, but it's very possible if all pieces of the puzzle come together and the legacy economy crashes to fuel Bitcoin's demand. The more the legacy economy messes up, the more value Bitcoin has.

Who would have ever thought that Bitcoin would reach $19,500 at the time one coin was trading under a buck? $1 to $19,500 is an increase of ~1,950,000%. $6000 to $1,020,000 is an increase of 17,000%.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:31:34 PM

Well Bitcoin is not a Stablecoin.
Volatility then wasn't too extreme (price increased and decreased slowly) until the "big money" started pouring in.
If you tamper with the deflationary aspect and get away with it, one day you will scheme to take away the non censorship feature and people who matter (esp the ones preaching censorship resistance today) will say nothing.
very interesting, you say that bitcoin is not stable coin. meaning that on the other side there is an unstable coin.

I want to get knowledge from you, because, I think you have more experience in the world of crypto.

what is mean by stable coin and unstable coin? can you give examples of both? how do both affect the market value of crypto?
Aeneous

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:40:04 PM

The pessimista are mainly those who dont believe in the coin and those who want o spread negativity, th slightest sign of trouble and theyre all over the place aying all sorts of things, a true BTC believer just stays quite and waits for the better days
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

People now don't look at the history of a coin from when it started but looks at the coin from when they buy it. The mere fact is that they only buy a coin because they want instant money. Not thinking there is a process. Crypto is volatile. We cant expect an upward trend all the time.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:17:39 PM

right now many people in this forum and all investor that invest on bitcoin are pessimism with bitcoin price in the future, but i think we don't need pessimism if we trust bitcoin will be great in the future, what happens now and next, it depends on the user of bitcoin that we can't predict. so the main things we need its trust bitcoin

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 02:52:12 PM

BTCcause ... "A pessimist is never disappointed!"   Wink   Grin

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
TimesVeronica

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:54:13 PM

Hi Cat!
I agree with you, if compared to the time 1/7/2017 the btc or altcoin price is x2 (min).
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:57:16 PM

I can understand.
We have here many very young and inexperienced investors.
They never invested in any market and don't have realistic expectation.
So, when price go up they are very inspired but when we have long price drop they feel depress Smiley
Unfortunately, many of them just give up and sell in panic, without any profit.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:20:44 PM

right now many people in this forum and all investor that invest on bitcoin are pessimism with bitcoin price in the future, but i think we don't need pessimism if we trust bitcoin will be great in the future, what happens now and next, it depends on the user of bitcoin that we can't predict. so the main things we need its trust bitcoin
Determining long-term investment in the market is a way to make me feel very comfortable despite the sharp drop in the market recently. Cryptocurrency has a great potential for growth, while it is too small for other financial markets and it is a good opportunity for investors.
Sergio444

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 09:35:26 PM

It is hilarious to carry pessimism into cryptocurrency. The nature of crypto trading can turn out well and at the same time bad. I always carry my risk calculation mind with an optimistic ideology. All that some stupid traders want is their own personal gains but crypto is a no mans control.
Psychee

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:40:17 PM

I also do not understand them, but can you help with the development of a new crypto project, he is reliable and honest Socratus
helen28

Activity: 453

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:02:02 PM

It is hilarious to carry pessimism into cryptocurrency. The nature of crypto trading can turn out well and at the same time bad. I always carry my risk calculation mind with an optimistic ideology. All that some stupid traders want is their own personal gains but crypto is a no mans control.
Well it is really frustrating to understand that people are being pessimist when they have seen the value of bitcoin is going low, but they are aiming for the best for it, we should always optimistic so that we can the trend can also follow what our mind desires.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:45:29 PM

In the current scenario, not only an optimistic view on Bitcoin, but a pessimistic view, if the purchasing power does not manifest itself in a timely manner. There is still insufficient buyer volume to assume the beginning of a trend reversal
Boldcom

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:19:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I just registered but of course I am a long-time cryptocurrency watcher.

What I do not understand is why most people are so pessimistic and talk about "these hard times for *coin".

If you look at the growth chart from the beginning of cryptocurrency, you will realize that even now, the Bitcoin is a bit over-valued. It is not "in the red" by any stretch. What was in the last few months was a bubble, an anomaly which may have been exploited only by the very few, just like in the real currency or valuable asset world.

You want a cryptocurrency to be stable, just like the real currencies. Only then will it be trusted and invested in by the big players. Any asset in which you make money like winning the lottery every day is bound to crash.

In my opinion the Bitcoin is just now approaching a "healthy" status. Making money from Bitcoin will be just as hard as making money from real currency trading.

For more money, just you just have to work...Smiley

My 2 satoshis...

Pessimism is a mental attitude. Pessimists anticipate undesirable outcomes from a given situation, which is generally referred to as situational pessimism, or believe that undesirable things are going to happen to them in life more than desirable ones.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: