Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:13:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
Existence (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 02:50:55 PM

This subject is quite profound, I'm still having difficulty in terminology.
Why is that? with what terminology?

ValueHunters.club Sell your lots, browse and buy antiques, fine art, jewellery and more for cryptocurrency all over the world.
Click here to profit from Crypto-Auction Join Telegram chat here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hitchcoin

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:16:46 PM

Maybe partly this problem with our prices is caused by all those people who are thinking that they will hold and everything will grow so they could sell by a better price in the future.
Nayborksta

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:18:22 PM

HODLing doesn't bring anything valuable to others. It's just for the person who's HODLing to earn some money.
cryptolet

Activity: 229

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Holders can not change the world nor will the distribution of bitcoin to every one change the world because we will still have sickness, death and corrupt rulers that makes the world boring indeed.
badaovodich

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:50:32 PM

If everyone is an owner, no transaction will occur and no value can be developed. The world will soon forget it over time, Hold is a stupid way for anyone to hold.
CeyCrypteon

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:14:57 AM

I agree I do the same thing but unfortunately I don't see another way to do that will benefit me because still I don't see much payment or shopping sites that provide crypto payments systems and except the exchanges where else I can use my cryptocurrencies and if there are any only if exist   
Existence (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 09:27:32 AM

I agree I do the same thing but unfortunately I don't see another way to do that will benefit me because still I don't see much payment or shopping sites that provide crypto payments systems and except the exchanges where else I can use my cryptocurrencies and if there are any only if exist   

Well, there already are websites where you can shop using crypto but they still need promotion and more people/companies to post ads. Actually, if all crypto currency owners start using these sites and buy things for crypto, these platforms may even compete with eBay or Amazon. Not to mention that crypto will become less volatile

ValueHunters.club Sell your lots, browse and buy antiques, fine art, jewellery and more for cryptocurrency all over the world.
Click here to profit from Crypto-Auction Join Telegram chat here
cryptopranto

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 12:56:30 PM

Only trading is real. Holders are needed for any stocks market. But to run that market you'll need traders.. Traders are the one who Values the currency..  They are the person who runs the market. So i aggree with you. Trading is better than holding
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:59:40 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

We have our own kind of strategy to manage our money if that is the way they like to manage their momey(hodl) then let it be, it is their money anyway.
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

Maybe partly this problem with our prices is caused by all those people who are thinking that they will hold and everything will grow so they could sell by a better price in the future.

I think you mean that we can only wait a few years to see the development of Bitcoin become bigger and benefit everyone, so don't be too panicked with very low prices.
towi078

Activity: 470
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:31:46 PM

Only one of my questions, is bitcoin really ready to be used as a currency? Because, we both know. There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment tool. Especially regarding transaction speed and transaction costs
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:43:21 PM

Holders may not change the world, but holding can save the risk of selling low and holding can be an opportunity to get better profits.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:27:20 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

An interesting point really.  And i do side with you when you said that the only way for cryptocurrency to grow even larger is by growing the numbers of crypto users.

And now the problem. When many opinionated crypto enthusiasts are shouting HODL as the best stance, how do we convince novice to spend their bitcoins for everyday commodities?

We are currently at a stage where the principles of bitcoin spending and hodling is at conflict. The initial design to be an electronic cash shifted to crypto investment. And it is quite frustrating and confusing at the same time.

Nonetheless, i side with you on the premise of utilization. Bitcoin needs to be useful and utilized in order for it to grow more in value.

Teriyanone

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:10:38 AM

Cryptocurrencies has so many potential to do many things but they do nothing today except transferring from one trader to another to make temporary profit and that waste the core value of crypto assets but it can be changed by following the way you have mentioned by using them often for common payments and purchases 
Jake Virus

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:16:55 AM

Only one of my questions, is bitcoin really ready to be used as a currency? Because, we both know. There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment tool. Especially regarding transaction speed and transaction costs

Yes this statement might be true. Holders will not change the world but they could change their world by holding.  Holding until the price gets high could make themselves profitable when they sell their coins in the market.

bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:55:46 PM

Yes, that is true
just by being hodlers will not change the world
investors and adoption of factors that will change the world
especially the adoption of blockchain technology in various sectors

pangitkaayo

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:12:49 PM

I think hodlers can change the world well that is just my opinion but it can help reduce panic selling. I disagree with you.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

Yes this statement might be true. Holders will not change the world but they could change their world by holding.  Holding until the price gets high could make themselves profitable when they sell their coins in the market.

But the real question should be whether the holders are really going to change the world for the better if ever. What is it in holding that makes it so beneficial for the world? Personally, I can't come up with anything which justifies holding apart from personal gains by selling when the price hits the sky. From my perspective, it is effectively just a postponed consumption which is not a good thing in itself.

Am I missing some important detail in the grander picture?
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:30:34 PM

Yes holder cannot change the world but bitcoin can change the world. People who holding bitcoin may change thier life in the future
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:34:10 PM

the holders of the bitcoin will have high benefits in time to come, you may not believe they can change the world but when it comes to making profits in high percentages, it will be noticed and felt by the world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: