Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:27:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:27:27 PM

maybe they wont change the world but at least the price is not crashing hard because of all those people who are constantly holdnig their coins

Your words are not balanced. They can not change the world, but at least, they can change their lives. It is an opportunity, but also a pit if they do not know to take advantage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harpawan

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:33:27 PM

Whatever the outcome, at least withstand it can be detached from the difficult times of the more difficult. The trader knows more about his trades and what to do. And from hodling they can get his own world.
Pistachiop

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:45:09 PM

Well holders might not save the world but in he long run, holders always drives the perices bacxk up high, Its not one of the best things someone can chose to do in the crypto market as it takes lots of patience, but i beleive holding is one the provel value attractore here is
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

maybe they wont change the world but at least the price is not crashing hard because of all those people who are constantly holdnig their coins

Your words are not balanced. They can not change the world, but at least, they can change their lives. It is an opportunity, but also a pit if they do not know to take advantage.
Yes no doubt that they have a very good opportunity and they should get benefit form such opportunity, bitcoin is in fact giving very good chances for the people to invest their money in bitcoin and get a good profit from it after some time, they only need to hold their bitcoin and do not need to get panic if the price is decreasing, after some time he will surely get a good profit from his investment.
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:49:13 PM

Yes no doubt that they have a very good opportunity and they should get benefit form such opportunity, bitcoin is in fact giving very good chances for the people to invest their money in bitcoin and get a good profit from it after some time, they only need to hold their bitcoin and do not need to get panic if the price is decreasing, after some time he will surely get a good profit from his investment.
In fact, the real benefit will be a person who really understands investment and trading. The usual average user will lose everything at the first care down. This we see constantly in the market at the time of the fall of the bitcoin rate.

Cryptoreflector_666

Merit: 24

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:51:06 PM

Well holders might not save the world but in he long run, holders always drives the perices bacxk up high, Its not one of the best things someone can chose to do in the crypto market as it takes lots of patience, but i beleive holding is one the provel value attractore here is
In any case, the holding is the most profitable prospect for the cryptocurrency. Sometimes a coin can make an X50 and then a person can have a fortune literally out of the blue. It all depends if the ability to hold and dispose of free money.

alaskata

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:02:16 AM

Do not change the world but change your person, have more discipline, have strong growth
marblemarble

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:32:07 AM

Well, I kinda think that the author is right, at least in a way that we have to make cryptocurrencies a real payment method one day. The main idea here was not to offend hodlers (and they actually affect the volatility, so it's not like they are doing nothing at all) but to say that we have to make a change and start selling/buying goods or services for crypto.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:44:57 AM

Well that is the goal and purpose of cryptocurrencies in general.

But, do you really think bitcoin is ready for that? We already know it's limits and weaknesses. The moment the network clogs, transaction fees skyrocket and speed gets really slow. Add that to a very volatile nature, it's no surprise that users and markets find it hard to use it as a payment system. We know these numbers, and guess what, that's nowhere near the numbers we'll reach if people use it, say, in amazon or even smaller online markets.

The development is just extremely slow. I do like to see cryptocurrencies do what it's meant to do, but I guess we'll still have to wait a couple more years for that.

I disagree with your point of view. You seem to be putting the cart before the horse. Bitcoin is not the only currency which can be used for making payments. If we take litecoin as an example, a coin which is technically just a more advanced version of bitcoin itself, there are no such issues as high transaction fees or slow confirmation times (and it has LN activated for over a year by now). But it is still not used widely. What does it tell us? Basically, that there is no demand for crypto as a means of payment, and this is the real problem.

Also, volatility is not an issue either as there are plenty of ways to make it irrelevant, which is what payment processors and gateways do on a daily basis.

Nice! I did not know LTC had LN already. I thought it is being researched still for BTC.
Actually the demand comes from use. Japan and other countries do accept it as use of payment, but probably at higher/lower fees, depends.
You can easily set up your bitstamp account to accept the currency you want, and automatically sell that for the fiat you want. Sell coffee at your shop? Set up your payment systems of choice Grin.
marblemarble

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:30:18 AM

In any case, the holding is the most profitable prospect for the cryptocurrency. Sometimes a coin can make an X50 and then a person can have a fortune literally out of the blue. It all depends if the ability to hold and dispose of free money.
Yeah, you are talking about personal profit here but it does not make cryptocurrencies a real payment method, they are still just a thing you invest in, wait for your money to grow and then exchange for fiat
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:57:31 AM

Hodlers are not actually care to change the world they will only hodl the coins for a  long time like years to be able to gain huge profits why can you say they intend to changed the world its only for the money for themselves not for everybody so basically hodlers will not changed  the world, the only importance we can get from this is they are helping the price to increase.   

ubay

Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:16:27 AM

Holders can not change the world, especially in cryptocurrency. But they have a role in the stability of cryptocurrency, they keep their coins without worrying about prices that will continue to fall. They are people who believe in cryptocurrency, much better than panic sellers.

allgetshigh

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:24:46 AM

Holders can not change the world, especially in cryptocurrency. But they have a role in the stability of cryptocurrency, they keep their coins without worrying about prices that will continue to fall. They are people who believe in cryptocurrency, much better than panic sellers.

Those people who sell in a panic - this is just the tip of the iceberg. When we see a sharp drop in the price of Bitcoin, it's not the hamsters that sell it, but whales that set the mood for the whole market. It is worth acknowledging that Bitcoin has long been managed by a small group of people.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:33:21 AM

This is a very good assessment of the situation. It is good to HODL, but not just store it with no movement. Cryptocurrencies need to see active trading for goods and service, and its meaningfulness will grow to the wider audience. Also, for those who can afford to, try not converting your cryptocurrency to fiat, and see if what you are willing to pay for in fiat, it available somewhere to be paid for in crypto. I know it is not easy, as there are very few merchants accepting crypto as payments. It as this stage we have to start talking to and influencing merchants within and outside the community on the benefits of crypto payments.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:59:57 AM

I really like this your article and what you said made lots of sense. Truth be told, if everyone is holding and hoarding theirs and waiting for the Bulls, then the real question is, who are the Bulls and who are the Bears?  Isn't that made up by the crypto community? Too much HODL is killing the fun of the game because everyone is holding. We need to spend to give it value.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:32:39 AM

Yes, its the truth that hodlers will not change the world but its simpler task then using other cryptocurrencies for digital used, there are over 1k kind of crypto coin / tokens out there not included some are scams and how did people try to differentiate which one to use and which one is not to use, since everyone starting their own startup and trying to take profits from growing crypto movement. I think it will still take some time for crypto being used as digital payment for goods and service and for now i'll stick to bitcoin as a digital asset  Grin Grin
marblemarble

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:19:48 AM

This is a very good assessment of the situation. It is good to HODL, but not just store it with no movement. Cryptocurrencies need to see active trading for goods and service, and its meaningfulness will grow to the wider audience. Also, for those who can afford to, try not converting your cryptocurrency to fiat, and see if what you are willing to pay for in fiat, it available somewhere to be paid for in crypto. I know it is not easy, as there are very few merchants accepting crypto as payments. It as this stage we have to start talking to and influencing merchants within and outside the community on the benefits of crypto payments.
There already are some platforms similar to craigslist which accept payments in cryptocurrencies (and the system can automatically convert them, if necessary) but I guess it'll take time for them to become popular among wide audience
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:57:29 AM

I think that holding doesn't have any connection in terms of changing the world because there is no clear connection or relation for my opinion if we will look about the world because the world can be change if the leaders will have more positive things and projects to their country because it will all sums up and come with an overall positive result that will change the world like recycling, if the leaders will implement it and make it as an order for their citizens then it will change the world but holding? I don't think that it will change the world even they will be turned into non-holders because there is no real connection from being a holder or not to changing the world.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:51:33 AM

I really like this your article and what you said made lots of sense. Truth be told, if everyone is holding and hoarding theirs and waiting for the Bulls, then the real question is, who are the Bulls and who are the Bears?  Isn't that made up by the crypto community? Too much HODL is killing the fun of the game because everyone is holding. We need to spend to give it value.

I think the real hodlers are the people who lend btc to leverage exchanges. Usually is true that not the hodler makes the price, but the buyer... Kind of too much uncertainty on the market tbh.
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:26:42 AM

i think that Holders will help the Crypto world on the grounds that past holders are at present whales in this stage so holders are primary in future in Crypto showcase. In the event that you trust my words you will purchase soon then just we will control the Crypto world. In any case, a few people groups are wrongly understanding in Crypto venture so they are all frenzy brokers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: