Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:26:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
Lynh kolh

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:18:23 PM

I agree that we need to have more real life users than holders or traders. But I think that we will reach that stage eventually. Huge companies are implementing blockchain and I know that FB is on its way to create their own crypto so just let things set on their own pace because crypto will stay and that is the truth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tranle1267

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Looking to the future and control myself

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:17:16 PM

agree with you, a thousands pepple just hold token they have, and there wait to the end when the market go green, or the token they hold will x5, x10, but they can realize that this will not happen, they should find out and follow to the fluctuations of crypto market.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:37:48 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Holding doesn't solve the forever problem of fluctuations. It never does. In fact, when the price pumps back up, the holders will definitely outbalance the whole system causing another price crash due to the panic selling of the tokens they have been holding.

Wall_Streeet

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:55:17 PM

the market is driven up by buyers, not current holders. if there is no demand, it does not matter at what price the holder sells.
Dongquensiar

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:08:35 AM

I am also thinking if those hodlers can change the world as bitcoin designed to use daily. But users of bitcoin can change the world with its continues demands their is growth in bitcoin.
JimmyJeri

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:45:41 AM

I don't know whether hodlers can change the world or not but i believe hodlers will help people change other's view about bitcoin and cryto world.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:54:25 AM

I think there is no want are now interested if what will happen of the growth of the world, all people are now focus in their own lives or own family of how they inprove their life style, i think bitcoin holder cant change the world but it can change their lives into more wealth if the bitcoin value will increase again.

hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:56:12 AM

Nothing changes the world!
Hodlers will also contribute to reducing the amount of traffic of altcoin and tokens! Create a way to make scarcity on the market!
So there is called 'change'!
Osaaah

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:58:01 AM

It appears the use of cryptocurrency has become one way (Investment = Buy a coin at low price and sell at high price). Aside this i see no everyday use of cryptocurrencies. If cryptocurrencies are made in such ways that the ordinary person can use it to purchase bread and peanut, drink and meat pie. I am use the demand of the coins on the market will grow significantly.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:03:35 AM

Nothing changes the world!
Hodlers will also contribute to reducing the amount of traffic of altcoin and tokens! Create a way to make scarcity on the market!
So there is called 'change'!

nothing ?  we humans can make a change not only on hodling but also in many ways but we should change the world in a good way so that we can make our world a better place for the next generations .  i salute the ones who hodle thier coins because they do have the courage and the patience , not unlike to sellers that we only get the benefits the most but we are scared to sacrifice because we only  care about the profit that we can get  .
Taronet-division

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:14:28 AM

hodlers won't change anything today but later. I believe if what we hold today will be good in the future. in the long run we hope and believe in it. so whatever happens remains hodl and don't panic
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:57:25 AM

I agree that we need to have more real life users than holders or traders. But I think that we will reach that stage eventually. Huge companies are implementing blockchain and I know that FB is on its way to create their own crypto so just let things set on their own pace because crypto will stay and that is the truth.

Why? Doesn't matter what people do with their coins, but we need both. Holders have their place just as spenders do. How do you think you even become a holder in the first place? You have to buy the coins from somewhere so they play their part in increasing demand by tuyringing fiat into bitcoin and if they choose to hold their coins for a certain amount of time then that's great too. Also, as with fiat cash, when you earn money you don't have to spend it straight away and can save it so lets just look at holders as just savers of bitcoin rather than spenders. Anybody who gets involved with bitcoin in whatever capacity from spenders to holders to traders and everyone in between all contribute to growth and acceptance and I don't think we should be looking down upon any bitcoiner (unless you're a scammer or something).
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

Who cares to change the world? If crypto/bitcoin I am holding gives good returns, that will be enough.

Yes, sure, why do some people think that the holders can change anything? They are (me as well) just care about the cryptocurrencies prices: waiting when they can grow again.
ayambawang

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:22:16 PM

one real step that we need to exemplify, to apply bitcoin in the real world in everyday life, but it's hard to do in my country, there are no supporting facilities for this, it makes me difficult, besides that the government seems indifferent,
Sithawaka

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:37:09 PM

Holders will not change the world and that is correct but directly or indirectly holders protect the price of not just in bitcoin but in many other alternative currencies in the market because without them holding assets the price will drop instantly but it doesn't mean holding is great because for a currency to evolve with other processes in the world it should be used often so with holding it is not happening 

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:48:48 PM

I have no really idea why people don’t get whats the true value of bitcoin and ofcourse the alternative coins

This is the future money in form of virtuality so I guess only noob wont get it but sadly still lots of them are standing against this reality

Please guys if we want our community here to grow then let us use bitcoin as currency not gold.
SK funky

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:46:27 PM

Only one of my questions, is bitcoin really ready to be used as a currency? Because, we both know. There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment tool. Especially regarding transaction speed and transaction costs
Prayankpaul

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:56:02 PM

If it is true that people use everyday crypto currencies that this entire planet included is missing as a tool that helps Bitcoin

To gain a foothold in the world, something that makes people turn to bitcoin that is more abstrusible to ordinary people than any other.

With a smart phone or with a pen drive or even on paper is more what is more acceptable the fact is that they use it massively and

Do not miss the essence of bitcoin I believe that in a short time we will have it roaming through the streets
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:14:45 PM

you're right, the holder should know when to sell and when to hold. if they just keep holding, they don't do anything, and don't get anything. Holders should also study, how to make a profit from short term trading, so that they do not continue to be holders.
Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:16:16 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Thats right , holders will not change the world even if how long they hold their bitcoin nothing will happen. But somehow it will help us , investors. Because the price is unpredictable so there is a chance that we loss our money if we dont hold our bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: